Over Zealous Profanity Filter In Game

Okay, has anyone noticed that the in-game profanity filter has gone on ultra lock down here lately? Even words the GAME inserts during auto - saves result in a warning “Bad game description it will be replaced with BLAM in your game history.”

How is it all of a sudden words like assault, kills, etc. are bad? It’s a rated M game about killing aliens and blowing stuff up, not Candy Land.

Is this just a glitch that will be fixed or can we really not ever name a file with words about killing even though that’s what the game is about?

It’s all on Microsoft’s part, they control Xbox LIVE’s censors which applies to mainly all games.

Assault by the way has always been blocked as the first three letters of Assault are not suitable.

I am thinking it’s a bit over-doing it, there is a guy on here called ‘coca mola’, he is unable to use his File Share anymore due to the word ‘coca’ in his Xbox LIVE Gamertag, it gives him an error relating to his Gamertag.

Yeah, I noticed that too. But I think Microsoft are the people you need to go to, not 343.

Adding on to my earlier post, if you want to check if it’s Reach’s Censor or Microsoft’s censor, try putting the word/phrase in your Xbox LIVE Bio, if you can’t put it in your Bio, it’s the Microsoft Censor.

Okay, and I wasn’t blaming 343 - just asking in here if anyone here noticed since Halo is all I play except a couple of family games.

I guess based on some issues I was having with my profile quote this is going to be a Microsoft issue.

> Okay, and I wasn’t blaming 343 - just asking in here if anyone here noticed since Halo is all I play except a couple of family games.
>
> I guess based on some issues I was having with my profile quote this is going to be a Microsoft issue.

Mainly, it’s a shame really, ever since the censor crashed and they allowed you to have ANYTHING in your Gamertag, Personal Info or in-game service tag/clan tag, they got tough.

Heck, I can’t even have to word suicide in my Film Clip now.

It’s a shame really.

Then let’s do something about it.

> Then let’s do something about it.

I spy a twitter petition for Microsoft :slight_smile:

> > Then let’s do something about it.
>
> I spy a twitter petition for Microsoft :slight_smile:

We should probably figure out a message to send and fire all the archer pods at the same tme.

> > > Then let’s do something about it.
> >
> > I spy a twitter petition for Microsoft :slight_smile:
>
> We should probably figure out a message to send and fire all the archer pods at the same tme.

“I will buy a PS3 if you don’t let me put banana in my motto!!!”

Sounds like a plan hehe :slight_smile:

Yeah this is a major annoyance. After all, -Yoink-(EDIT: Really, 343? Really?) is a word that’s perfectly okay by FCC standards, as is CRAP… but I can’t use the words ASSAULT or SKYSCRAPER? What the hell man?

Also, I just noticed the number “16” is now blocked. So you can’t say “Supports 16 Players” without spelling out “Sixteen”

Also, if I recall correctly, “Halls” is also censored.

> Yeah this is a major annoyance. After all, Yoink! is a word that’s perfectly okay by FCC standards, as is CRAP… but I can’t use the words ASSAULT or SKYSCRAPER? What the hell man?
>
> Also, I just noticed the number “16” is now blocked. So you can’t say “Supports 16 Players” without spelling out “Sixteen”

If you are serious then it must be a massive mistake on Microsoft’s part, as I said about the censor going down earlier this month, it must still be buggy.

> Also, I just noticed the number “16” is now blocked. So you can’t say “Supports 16 Players” without spelling out “Sixteen”.

That reminds me of something:

"There are two things that are infinite: the universe and human stupidity - and I’m not sure about the former."

• Albert Einstein

That’s a misuse of the word zealous but yeah, the profanity filter is lame. Dude’s swear in the campaign, why not my gametype label?

ONI: Sword base on Normal is not allowed in the description for a file. This makes me very annoyed when I just want to upload something to my fileshare.

figured out why after months of being up my maps are now description blam! just 4 days ago microsoft decided the number 16 was bad…very very bad…Wat teh hel MS