Out with the Credits, In with the Earning.

COLLECTING ALL SKULLS TO UNLOCK HAYABUSA WAS WAY FUNNER THAN PLAYING 300 GAMES TO GET TO A RANK TO BUY IT!!!—Fact.
It was a lot more rewarding to become a beast during one match on the pit and get a triple kill w/ the sword, which because of your beastyality, you were given the ascetic armor, WAY BETTER than learning how to save up and manage you money.
Getting EOD by beating campaign on Legendary? Hell yea!

and a katana for 1000 GS?

earning armor in halo 3 was much much more funner than earning it with Credits. Can I get an amen?

You can’t buy hayabusa in reach.

> You can’t buy hayabusa in reach.

I know silly. you get my point tho.

See! This is another change I want. I never want to play Custom Games anymore because of the “earn and buy” mentality the game engraved into my skull.

i agree with you whole heartedly. credits took away from the game, both competitive and casual

Amen! Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Lordy!!! :smiley:

Cant say that I agree. I thought that credits was a good addition which allowed people to buy something that suits them over time, unlike the achievement unlocking system in H3…

I hated getting hung up from getting the Scout shoulders trying to splatter someone in the worst-equipped vehicle to splatter in. I much prefer to buy them.

I like the rank system and I don’t really see why it holds you back from playing custom games.

I like achievement-based armor unlocks too. Reach sadly only had a few (through waypoint). Here’s hoping that H4 has VIDMASTERs.

I didn’t mind the armor system in Halo 3, but, like most of that game, it encouraged boosting and cheating. Halo Reach encourages online play, and in my opinion, really gives a player a sense of accomplishment when buying the armor

How bought make more armour availible by purchase and some by achievements, and if you think that cR isn’t worth it and has no incentive to win make cR acheiveable by winning so it’s a mix of H3 and Reach. That way theres a reason to win and you can still purchase armour and you can unlock it too.

> How bought make more armour availible by purchase and some by achievements, and if you think that cR isn’t worth it and has no incentive to win make cR acheiveable by winning so it’s a mix of H3 and Reach. That way theres a reason to win and you can still purchase armour and you can unlock it too.

Or this: to unlock armor, you have to be a certain rank AND have a certain achievement. You then buy the piece of armor using credits.

> > How bought make more armour availible by purchase and some by achievements, and if you think that cR isn’t worth it and has no incentive to win make cR acheiveable by winning so it’s a mix of H3 and Reach. That way theres a reason to win and you can still purchase armour and you can unlock it too.
>
> Or this: to unlock armor, you have to be a certain rank AND have a certain achievement. You then buy the piece of armor using credits.

That could also work.

> > > How bought make more armour availible by purchase and some by achievements, and if you think that cR isn’t worth it and has no incentive to win make cR acheiveable by winning so it’s a mix of H3 and Reach. That way theres a reason to win and you can still purchase armour and you can unlock it too.
> >
> > Or this: to unlock armor, you have to be a certain rank AND have a certain achievement. You then buy the piece of armor using credits.
>
> That could also work.

Wait, but that wouldn’t give you a reason to win, just to get an acheivment. Then all you have to do is play the game to get armour. It would be like Reach all over again.

In Halo 4 I want a bit of both and here’s my logic: With earning your armor you experience the fun of unlocking it and somekind of self-respect with meeting the standards of unlocking it. But however making armor earning only limits the amount of armor that you can unlock, and if everyone only met the expectations to unlock certain armor they would look like clones. But with credits you have more variety and more choices in the armor you want to wear, Plus some people prefer a “You must be this good” system over a “You must unlock this specific achievement” system.

> COLLECTING ALL SKULLS TO UNLOCK HAYABUSA WAS WAY FUNNER THAN PLAYING 300 GAMES TO GET TO A RANK TO BUY IT!!!—Fact.
> It was a lot more rewarding to become a beast during one match on the pit and get a triple kill w/ the sword, which because of your beastyality, you were given the ascetic armor, WAY BETTER than learning how to save up and manage you money.
> Getting EOD by beating campaign on Legendary? Hell yea!
>
> and a katana for 1000 GS?
>
> earning armor in halo 3 was much much more funner than earning it with Credits. Can I get an amen?

opinion. Amen? Im athiest

> In Halo 4 I want a bit of both and here’s my logic: With earning your armor you experience the fun of unlocking it and somekind of self-respect with meeting the standards of unlocking it. But however making armor earning only limits the amount of armor that you can unlock, and if everyone only met the expectations to unlock certain armor they would look like clones. But with credits you have more variety and more choices in the armor you want to wear, Plus some people prefer a “You must be this good” system over a “You must unlock this specific achievement” system.

> > COLLECTING ALL SKULLS TO UNLOCK HAYABUSA WAS WAY FUNNER THAN PLAYING 300 GAMES TO GET TO A RANK TO BUY IT!!!—Fact.
> > It was a lot more rewarding to become a beast during one match on the pit and get a triple kill w/ the sword, which because of your beastyality, you were given the ascetic armor, WAY BETTER than learning how to save up and manage you money.
> > Getting EOD by beating campaign on Legendary? Hell yea!
> >
> > and a katana for 1000 GS?
> >
> > earning armor in halo 3 was much much more funner than earning it with Credits. Can I get an amen?
>
> opinion. Amen? Im athiest

Amen means “I agree”. . . I think.

nothing religious

> Plus some people prefer a “You must be this good” system over a “You must unlock this specific achievement” system.

>>Implying the cR system is based off of skill.
Also, some Halo 3 achievements were very hard to get. Getting the katana was a proud moment for many gamers.