Other Spartans in Halo Reach and more

In the mission Lone Wolf, a dead spartan can be seen behind the abandoned house, along with numerous dead marines. I was under the impression that this was the only one. but on closer inspection there are numerous more. My brother suggested they may be re-incarnations of past armour configurations which I had assumed, but on closer inspection there were very high up armour pieces, including Security and GUNGNIR helmets, neither of which I have purchased. Also, when in theatre mode of this mission, if one pauses playback, goes back to start of the film and goes in to free roam mode, a small Master Chief hologram can be seen on a far-out oil rig sort of thing in the distance. On first sight, this seems very small, but in fact when compared to the numerous dead spartans and marines, is actually to scale. Another thing, when one goes down to the actual area of the map in which one plays while in theatre mode, the marines are alive? Anyone know?

The marines being alive is a bug, they actually spawn when you first start the level, then instantly die, so they can be dead on the floor.

The Spartans are just dead bodies with randomly generated armour pieces to give that effect that you truly are the last Spartan on Reach, fighting for your life.

I wish there was some sort of short story that filled in the gap between the pillar of autumn and lone wolf.

> I wish there was some sort of short story that filled in the gap between the pillar of autumn and lone wolf.

…Did you even play ALL of Halo Reach?