Other Covie Races...

So the title is a bit ominous let me explain! So basically we have seen the Elites,Grunts and Jackel’s new redesign(Which I happen to love but that not important) we are basically missing two covie races from the mix. The Hunter’s and Drones! So I imagine that Hunters are a MUST to be returning as they sided with the Elites in the Covie civil war so I imagine their making a comeback! And Drones well… I think they should return simply because they add a new level of dynamic to the game. So if these two races should return do you think we’ll see a radical redesign of them both? Or do you think they’ll remain relitivly the same? You must also take into account really only the Hunter’s guns change but otherwise they remain the same!

My opinion: Well to start with I’ll say if Drones return I think their redesign will be radical simply because they could add more bug like details to make the “Buggers” look more badYONIK! Hunters however… I think they won’t see much change at all… I’m slightly disappointed by this because I think that after 10 years they could use a redesign but then again since their made of eel like creatures that form together they ould easily form into a different body shape.

I also remember 343 saying they redesigned ALL previous models including Brutes and Prophets as well. I doubt we’ll see these in campaign but I can think of a few Spartan Op’s missions that could involve them trying to form some new Covenant with races from other planets in the Milky Way or even another galaxy! Because their are actually 6 races that did not make the Covie cut in previous games! So what do you all think? Are these redesigns going to be radical or simply a upped poly count?

EDIT: The Alien Trooper that was scraped during Halo 2 was known to be another form of Lekgolo!

Source: Alien Trooper | Halo Alpha | Fandom

i never cared for the drones they didnt seem to fit very well but thats because they werent used very well in the campaign the hunters are very much needed

I want the bugger mixed with elite looking alien from halo 2 back, sorry can’t think of name.

Theres another race your forgetting and no I’m not about to say brutes, what about the engineers should they return aswell?

The hunters should stay mostly the same.

The drones should be teawked a bit make them look menacing or gross (most people think bugs look gross, they haven’t changed all that much since 2.

> Theres another race your forgetting and no I’m not about to say brutes, what about the engineers should they return aswell?

they could but there might be some of them on the infinity the one of the books the unsc was able to get a few to transport forerunner tech to the infinity to install it so theres a chance of seeing them just maybe not working for the covenant

> > Theres another race your forgetting and no I’m not about to say brutes, what about the engineers should they return aswell?
>
> they could but there might be some of them on the infinity the one of the books the unsc was able to get a few to transport forerunner tech to the infinity to install it so theres a chance of seeing them just maybe not working for the covenant

Maybe we’ll get to use them now.

Yes, I want the Hunters and Drones to come back. I want all of the Covenant species to come back.

The Brutes, the Engineers, the Skirmishers, and maybe even the Prophets should all return.

I only want Thel AKA Arby to return :frowning:

Prophets are extinct.

I’m betting that all the covenant species will be changed, but the general concept of them will still be the same.