Origins of Blue and Red team, please help me.

Alo halovers!

im newbie to the forums, but i’ve been playing halo since the original xbox (time flies!!!) but unfortunately my favourite game is Gears of War and i know everything about that game.

The purpose of this topic, is that i would like to know the origins of the blue team and red team? where do they came from? why are they fighting each other?

also i have another question, in halo reach the covenant killed all the spartans, isnt suppose John is the only spartan alive? why there are more spartans out there?

Thanks!

Fireteam Osiris is to whom you are refering when you say red team, Jameson Locke is the lead, former ONI agent, Spartan Vale is the Sangheili Linguist, Spartan Tanaka is the resident engineer, and Spartan Buck is a former ODST. Fireteam Osiris is comprised entirely of Spartan IV’s, which are seen as technologically superior to the Spartan II’s but otherwise they are worse. The Spartan IV program started recently, the results of which are super soldiers who have retained almost all of their personality and physical characteristics.

Blue Team consists of Spartan II’s who have trained together since they were six years old, thus forming a very close bond with each other. Spartan John 117, Blue Team leader, Spartan Federic 104, second in command, Spartan Linda 058, the best sniper the UNSC has ever known, and Spartan Kelly 087, the fastest Spartan, also uses a shotgun.

Spartan II’s are the most “alien” in that they are extremely pale due to them being in their armor all of the time, they also have undergone severe physical augmentations which killed about half of the initial Spartan II recruits. They are seen as sociopathic and only open up emotionally to their fellow Spartan II’s. They were abducted at the age of six, and therefore the only life they know is the Spartan one. In contrast to the Spartan IV’s who have lived comparatively regular lives.

The confusion is understandable, just know that there have always been more Spartans including I’s II’s III’s and IV’s. Very few Spartan II’s are still alive, I think no Spartan III’s are alive as the remaining ones have ben incorporated into the Spartan IV program.

Anymore questions let us know!

Okay so blue team were Spartan 2s that were trained alongside Chief as kids. They grew up with him and were separated from him during the attack on Reach. During the course of the original games Blue Team got stuck in the shield world Onyx with Dr. Halsey and the remaining Spartan 3s. They were later rescued and continued to do missions without Chief until they were reunited with him after Halo 4.

What you called Red Team is actually called Team Osiris. They are a team of Spartan 4s working for the Office of Naval Intelligence. They are tasked with tracking down and capturing Blue Team because they went AWOL for some unknown reason.

Finally to answer your last question, there were multiple generations of Spartans. Project ORION or the Spartan 1 program which took volunteers from the existing UNSC military. Sgt Johnson was an S1. The Spartan 2 program which involved kidnapping children, training them, and augmenting them. Most S2s died on reach with the exception of a small few. The Spartan 3s which expanded the idea behind the S2 program while cutting costs. Almost all, but a few are dead, those that survived were transferred to the S4 program. The Spartan 4s revisited the idea of Project Orion by taking volunteers. They are a relatively new program so they are pretty common.

Wow, you are definitely new to all this.

Blue Team is comprised entirely of Spartan-II’s. There were give or take 33 in total, most of which perished at Reach. However, 11 to 15 Spartan-II’s were still active as of Halo 4(Blue Team(4), Omega Read Team(3)(Maybe, possibly KIA by this time, will find out in Halo Wars 2.), Black Team(4), Grey Team(3), and Naomi-010). Black Team was KIA post-Halo 4 leaving 8 to 11 Spartan-II’s still alive by the time of Halo 5.

Blue Team in Halo 5 is comprised of the surviving members of Spartan-II Blue Team, which has remained mostly the same since the teams formation in 2524 and they are the personal team of John-117, the Master Chief. They almost died on Reach, but thanks to Forerunner shenanigans, Master Chief was able to reach… Reach… and rescue them along with Doctor Halsey. Thus they’ve survived into the time of Halo 5, but were separated from the Chief prior to the events of Halo 2.

Fireteam Osiris, the ones you referred to as Red Team, is a relatively new Spartan-IV squad under the command of ex-ONI Agent Jameson Locke. Initially they were created as an ace team, but during Halo 5 they are tasked with tracking down and capturing Blue Team who have gone AWOL.

YouTube breakdown of Blue Team.

From there you can look up the individual members of red team.

Books.

> 2533274807670779;2:
> Fireteam Osiris is to whom you are refering when you say red team, Jameson Locke is the lead, former ONI agent, Spartan Vale is the Sangheili Linguist, Spartan Tanaka is the resident engineer, and Spartan Buck is a former ODST. Fireteam Osiris is comprised entirely of Spartan IV’s, which are seen as technologically superior to the Spartan II’s but otherwise they are worse. The Spartan IV program started recently, the results of which are super soldiers who have retained almost all of their personality and physical characteristics.
>
> Blue Team consists of Spartan II’s who have trained together since they were six years old, thus forming a very close bond with each other. Spartan John 117, Blue Team leader, Spartan Federic 104, second in command, Spartan Linda 058, the best sniper the UNSC has ever known, and Spartan Kelly 087, the fastest Spartan, also uses a shotgun.
>
> Spartan II’s are the most “alien” in that they are extremely pale due to them being in their armor all of the time, they also have undergone severe physical augmentations which killed about half of the initial Spartan II recruits. They are seen as sociopathic and only open up emotionally to their fellow Spartan II’s. They were abducted at the age of six, and therefore the only life they know is the Spartan one. In contrast to the Spartan IV’s who have lived comparatively regular lives.
>
> The confusion is understandable, just know that there have always been more Spartans including I’s II’s III’s and IV’s. Very few Spartan II’s are still alive, I think no Spartan III’s are alive as the remaining ones have ben incorporated into the Spartan IV program.
>
> Anymore questions let us know!

wow this is one of the best detailed answer i could ever read! thanks! :wink:

> 2533274801802416;4:
> Wow, you are definitely new to all this.
>
> Blue Team is comprised entirely of Spartan-II’s. There were give or take 33 in total, most of which perished at Reach. However, 11 to 15 Spartan-II’s were still active as of Halo 4(Blue Team(4), Omega Read Team(3)(Maybe, possibly KIA by this time, will find out in Halo Wars 2.), Black Team(4), Grey Team(3), and Naomi-010). Black Team was KIA post-Halo 4 leaving 8 to 11 Spartan-II’s still alive by the time of Halo 5.
>
> Blue Team in Halo 5 is comprised of the surviving members of Spartan-II Blue Team, which has remained mostly the same since the teams formation in 2524 and they are the personal team of John-117, the Master Chief. They almost died on Reach, but thanks to Forerunner shenanigans, Master Chief was able to reach… Reach… and rescue them along with Doctor Halsey. Thus they’ve survived into the time of Halo 5, but were separated from the Chief prior to the events of Halo 2.
>
> Fireteam Osiris, the ones you referred to as Red Team, is a relatively new Spartan-IV squad under the command of ex-ONI Agent Jameson Locke. Initially they were created as an ace team, but during Halo 5 they are tasked with tracking down and capturing Blue Team who have gone AWOL.

as being said, my fav game is gears of war. i have red the books, comics, im active member on gears forums.

> 2533274806737836;3:
> Okay so blue team were Spartan 2s that were trained alongside Chief as kids. They grew up with him and were separated from him during the attack on Reach. During the course of the original games Blue Team got stuck in the shield world Onyx with Dr. Halsey and the remaining Spartan 3s. They were later rescued and continued to do missions without Chief until they were reunited with him after Halo 4.
>
> What you called Red Team is actually called Team Osiris. They are a team of Spartan 4s working for the Office of Naval Intelligence. They are tasked with tracking down and capturing Blue Team because they went AWOL for some unknown reason.
>
> Finally to answer your last question, there were multiple generations of Spartans. Project ORION or the Spartan 1 program which took volunteers from the existing UNSC military. Sgt Johnson was an S1. The Spartan 2 program which involved kidnapping children, training them, and augmenting them. Most S2s died on reach with the exception of a small few. The Spartan 3s which expanded the idea behind the S2 program while cutting costs. Almost all, but a few are dead, those that survived were transferred to the S4 program. The Spartan 4s revisited the idea of Project Orion by taking volunteers. They are a relatively new program so they are pretty common.

what does AWOL means?

> 2533274807670779;2:
> Fireteam Osiris is to whom you are refering when you say red team, Jameson Locke is the lead, former ONI agent, Spartan Vale is the Sangheili Linguist, Spartan Tanaka is the resident engineer, and Spartan Buck is a former ODST. Fireteam Osiris is comprised entirely of Spartan IV’s, which are seen as technologically superior to the Spartan II’s but otherwise they are worse. The Spartan IV program started recently, the results of which are super soldiers who have retained almost all of their personality and physical characteristics.
>
> Blue Team consists of Spartan II’s who have trained together since they were six years old, thus forming a very close bond with each other. Spartan John 117, Blue Team leader, Spartan Federic 104, second in command, Spartan Linda 058, the best sniper the UNSC has ever known, and Spartan Kelly 087, the fastest Spartan, also uses a shotgun.
>
> Spartan II’s are the most “alien” in that they are extremely pale due to them being in their armor all of the time, they also have undergone severe physical augmentations which killed about half of the initial Spartan II recruits. They are seen as sociopathic and only open up emotionally to their fellow Spartan II’s. They were abducted at the age of six, and therefore the only life they know is the Spartan one. In contrast to the Spartan IV’s who have lived comparatively regular lives.
>
> The confusion is understandable, just know that there have always been more Spartans including I’s II’s III’s and IV’s. Very few Spartan II’s are still alive, I think no Spartan III’s are alive as the remaining ones have ben incorporated into the Spartan IV program.
>
> Anymore questions let us know!

Is it Osiris or is it Red team from Halo wars

> 2533274844198618;10:
> > 2533274807670779;2:
> > Fireteam Osiris is to whom you are refering when you say red team, Jameson Locke is the lead, former ONI agent, Spartan Vale is the Sangheili Linguist, Spartan Tanaka is the resident engineer, and Spartan Buck is a former ODST. Fireteam Osiris is comprised entirely of Spartan IV’s, which are seen as technologically superior to the Spartan II’s but otherwise they are worse. The Spartan IV program started recently, the results of which are super soldiers who have retained almost all of their personality and physical characteristics.
> >
> > Blue Team consists of Spartan II’s who have trained together since they were six years old, thus forming a very close bond with each other. Spartan John 117, Blue Team leader, Spartan Federic 104, second in command, Spartan Linda 058, the best sniper the UNSC has ever known, and Spartan Kelly 087, the fastest Spartan, also uses a shotgun.
> >
> > Spartan II’s are the most “alien” in that they are extremely pale due to them being in their armor all of the time, they also have undergone severe physical augmentations which killed about half of the initial Spartan II recruits. They are seen as sociopathic and only open up emotionally to their fellow Spartan II’s. They were abducted at the age of six, and therefore the only life they know is the Spartan one. In contrast to the Spartan IV’s who have lived comparatively regular lives.
> >
> > The confusion is understandable, just know that there have always been more Spartans including I’s II’s III’s and IV’s. Very few Spartan II’s are still alive, I think no Spartan III’s are alive as the remaining ones have ben incorporated into the Spartan IV program.
> >
> > Anymore questions let us know!
>
>
> Is it Osiris or is it Red team from Halo wars

Red team was halo wars, they were spartan 2 just like blue team. Of the remaining spartans that survived the augmentation process, they were in small groups usually using color. Red, blue, black. Those are ones I remember.

> 2533274877450806;9:
> > 2533274806737836;3:
> > Okay so blue team were Spartan 2s that were trained alongside Chief as kids. They grew up with him and were separated from him during the attack on Reach. During the course of the original games Blue Team got stuck in the shield world Onyx with Dr. Halsey and the remaining Spartan 3s. They were later rescued and continued to do missions without Chief until they were reunited with him after Halo 4.
> > What you called Red Team is actually called Team Osiris. They are a team of Spartan 4s working for the Office of Naval Intelligence. They are tasked with tracking down and capturing Blue Team because they went AWOL for some unknown reason.
> > Finally to answer your last question, there were multiple generations of Spartans. Project ORION or the Spartan 1 program which took volunteers from the existing UNSC military. Sgt Johnson was an S1. The Spartan 2 program which involved kidnapping children, training them, and augmenting them. Most S2s died on reach with the exception of a small few. The Spartan 3s which expanded the idea behind the S2 program while cutting costs. Almost all, but a few are dead, those that survived were transferred to the S4 program. The Spartan 4s revisited the idea of Project Orion by taking volunteers. They are a relatively new program so they are pretty common.
>
>
> what does AWOL means?

AWOL is an acronym for “absent without leave” or “absent without official leave”.
Basically, he’s gone off to only he knows where without getting permission from his superiors and took his team with him.

As well as taking an ONI Prowler - a stealth vessel - so this is quite a serious thing that just went down.Bungie’s partially responsible for the misconception about John being the “last” spartan when it’s clearly not true. Even the books show that’s definitely not the case, like Halo: First Strike which bridges Halo CE and Halo 2, flat out denies this almost immediately. But, they never really make that clear in the games unfortunately.

Also the books make it clear that there are spartan IIs out there but because they’re either missing, clinically dead but in stasis or their deaths were faked so they could work on classified projects. John was the only spartan everyone knew was still alive and out there on the front page doing stuff in the public, or semi-public eye.

Red fights Blue because they are opposites in the colourspectrum. One is Cold and one is Hot. Red vs. Blue is a staple in basically all media or history when refering to two opposites fighting one another, for example the Allies and the Axis or the Allies and the Soviets. Red vs. Blue is also a really great web series, I recommend!

(Thought I’d mix it up a bit, love all of your explainations)

> 2533274932437469;14:
> Red fights Blue because they are opposites in the colourspectrum. One is Cold and one is Hot. Red vs. Blue is a staple in basically all media or history when refering to two opposites fighting one another, for example the Allies and the Axis or the Allies and the Soviets. Red vs. Blue is also a really great web series, I recommend!
>
> (Thought I’d mix it up a bit, love all of your explainations)

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Part of me thinks the question about Blue and Red team was more about if there was a canonical explanation for Red vs Blue in Multiplayer. Great explanations on Spartan II Blue and Osiris though!

If it is about the multiplayer modes, before Halo 4 there was no story explanation, it was just to have two teams from across the colour spectrum so they would be visibly different. Since Halo 4 it has been established that the multiplayer modes are the Spartans doing training simulations.

There are no actual reds or blues. They are a sham created in order to carry out war games as part of the testing of project freelancer. The point of the project was to develop and test AI driven armor abilities. They are just every day soldiers clueless to their actual mission or purpose.

Will we expect red team from halo wars 1&2 to make an appearance in the next halo running into the same spartan ll’s blue team.

> 2533274806737836;3:
> Okay so blue team were Spartan 2s that were trained alongside Chief as kids. They grew up with him and were separated from him during the attack on Reach. During the course of the original games Blue Team got stuck in the shield world Onyx with Dr. Halsey and the remaining Spartan 3s. They were later rescued and continued to do missions without Chief until they were reunited with him after Halo 4.
>
> What you called Red Team is actually called Team Osiris. They are a team of Spartan 4s working for the Office of Naval Intelligence. They are tasked with tracking down and capturing Blue Team because they went AWOL for some unknown reason.
>
> Finally to answer your last question, there were multiple generations of Spartans. Project ORION or the Spartan 1 program which took volunteers from the existing UNSC military. Sgt Johnson was an S1. The Spartan 2 program which involved kidnapping children, training them, and augmenting them. Most S2s died on reach with the exception of a small few. The Spartan 3s which expanded the idea behind the S2 program while cutting costs. Almost all, but a few are dead, those that survived were transferred to the S4 program. The Spartan 4s revisited the idea of Project Orion by taking volunteers. They are a relatively new program so they are pretty common.

Also Spartan 2’s are the master race. Everything else he said pretty much sums it up.

> 2533274873294169;17:
> Will we expect red team from halo wars 1&2 to make an appearance in the next halo running into the same spartan ll’s blue team.

Please don’t revive old topics, thanks.