Original Xbox Games: Do any of you still play them?

I still do. Right now I’m playing GTA San Andreas.

The only original Xbox games I still physically own are Halo CE and Halo 2, I was more of a PS2 man myself.

I play a good 2 - 6 hours of Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 2 every time I have a birthday party, as well as Star Wars: Battle Front 2, so yes, I dabble.

> as Star Wars: Battle Front 2.

I use to have that game. Then I let my uncle borrow it. He either lost it, or traded it in >:-(

My absolute favorite game I ever played on the PS2 and XBOX was Area 51. It may not look like much now, but when you’re only nine, it’s a fekin scary game!

here’s the trailer:

I’m a link to the trailer.

> > as Star Wars: Battle Front 2.
>
> I use to have that game. Then I let my uncle borrow it. He either lost it, or traded it in >:-(

Totally bogus man.

> My absolute favorite game I ever played on the PS2 and XBOX was Area 51. It may not look like much now, but when you’re only nine, it’s a fekin scary game!
>
> here’s the trailer:
>
> I’m a link to the trailer.

I really wanted to get that game. But I traded in my Xbox, and the game wasn’t compatible for the 360.

I had an Xbox and Star wars Battlefront 2 what a game but i was more a Gamecube player before the 360

Um, duh! Halo: CE, Halo 2! Been playing them a lot lately because I’m sick of Reach.

> Um, duh! Halo: CE, Halo 2! Been playing them a lot lately because I’m sick of Reach.

How comes you’re sick of Reach?

Halo: CE, and Halo 2. I never really played much on the original Xbox. In fact, I didn’t own one. I was a bit of a Nintendo fanboy, so my console of choice back then was the Gamecube!

I popped in Blinx 2 recently.

> > Um, duh! Halo: CE, Halo 2! Been playing them a lot lately because I’m sick of Reach.
>
> How comes you’re sick of Reach?

Sick of fat Spartans.
Sick of Forge world. (grey, green, grey, green! always! nothing new ever!)
Sick of kill boundaries.
Sick of crappy forge maps in Matchmaking.
Sick of Bloom.
Sick of Bleed-through shields.
Sick of people who don’t know how to make a custom game and make you commit suicide until rage quit.
Sick of lag lag lag lag.
Sick of lick e’m and stick e’m looking armor.
Sick of funky hard to use forge objects that would be more useful as simple geometric shapes. (sphere, triangle, etc.)
Sick of messed up physics that make your mongoose flip over on a flat surface.
Sick of teleporters with no way to tell which way it’s pointing.
Sick of cannon mans with huge knobs on the sides that always get in the way.
Sick of all the unneeded, gaudy glass patterns on all the forge pieces that make it hard to make good looking maps.
Sick of not having enough movable objects in forge. (pallets, crates, barrels, etc.)
Sick of unbalanced Invasion.
Sick of not having Spartans Vs. Elite gametype.
Sick of un-editable Juggernaut gametype.
Sick of Sniper Rifle that can destroy EVERYTHING!
Sick of the lack of good maps. (343 has helped this issue, but then made me angry with the excessive use of undeletable kill zones to hinder forge)
Sick of vehicles that are so light, you can flip them over just by giving them a dirty look.
Sick of evasive maneuvers for Banshees depending 100% on the push of a button instead of skilled flying.
Sick of maps favoring one team instead of being balanced. (symmetrical)
Sick of maps having lots of little pipes and ledges sticking out EVERYWHERE to keep grenades from bouncing where you want them.
Sick of maps being designed for AAs, (Sword Base) instead of AAs being designed for MAPS.
Sick of getting shot from across the map CONSTANTLY with the DMR. (need better maps)
Sick of the lack of some weapons in Matchmaking due to being over powered (Gauss Hog) or under powered (spiker).
Sick of the driver the Wraith being able to shoot me AFTER I boarded the Wraith.
Sick of the Wraith turret being under powered.
Sick of people only caring about stats and not about having fun.
Sick of getting booted for “betraying” my teammates when I get blown off the map in Rocket Hog Race.
Sick of… I could go on for days, but I think you get the point.

I just miss that Halo: CE feel that… really only exists in Halo: CE (Hmm, imagine THAT!)

I miss Halo 2 as well…

I may continue this rant later. >:D

I updated my rant. >:D

> I updated my rant. >:D

I didn’t read the update, and I agree with everything.

> I updated my rant. >:D

Why must every thread become a Reach complaining thread? I’m pretty sure he didn’t care that much.

Let’s not derail this one, k?

I played some Halo 2 a few days back on XBC. Always fun, despite constantly playing Lockout and Midship with MLG settings or BR/Snipe starts and piss poor Columbian hosts. Oh I’m sorry, you think it’s bad? Try being European. Yeah, enjoy your 250ms and over ping, if the game let’s you connect that is. Still, it’s Halo 2 which is impossible not to like in any form. (unless somebody was cheating against you in a ranked match on XBL back in the day, you were free to hate it then)

The other game I really played was KOTOR a few months ago for the first time. Well, I say first time, I played it when it was first released at friends and gave up partly due to it being Star Wars, partly due to me finding it boring.

But now I’m older, wiser, a bit more patient and open minded I gave it another ago and what a blast.

Non-Xbox related but I’m seriously craving some Wipeout 2097. Might need to dust off the PS2. That game was impossibly cool. Ice cold. Sub Zero. A frozen cucumber in a freezer frozen in ice in space.

> I popped in Blinx 2 recently.

I loved the original Blinx, never got to play the sequel. I have many times thought about looking for the sequel somewhere. Is it any good?

Anyhow, original Xbox games I play often? Halo CE (XBLA version), Halo 2, Burnout 3. Aside from those I play Mad Dash with my friends from time to time. Sometimes I regret that I sold my original Xbox and most games. Especially when my CE accidentally went with the disk tray. Aside from the copy of CE is mostly miss my NFSU, that sure was one of the greatest Need Fors Speeds of all time.

> Sometimes I regret that I sold my original Xbox.

Same here. I wish I didn’t. I still had it when I got the 360. I traded it in to buy C.o.D 2 which was when it was still a new game. The only thing that was wrong about it was that the fans needed a jump start. I had to use a small sturdy stick like shape to spin them. Which didn’t take that long to do. What’s sad is that my Xbox was used, and I had it for about 8 years. And I went through 3 360 do to the RRoD error. That’s pathetic that the original Xbox was built better then the 360.

The only Xbox game I regret getting rid of is Robotech: Battlecry. Which is also compatible for the 360.

> > Sometimes I regret that I sold my original Xbox.
>
> Same here. I wish I didn’t. I still had it when I got the 360. I traded it in to buy C.o.D 2 which was when it was still a new game. The only thing that was wrong about it was that the fans needed a jump start. I had to use a small sturdy stick like shape to spin them. Which didn’t take that long to do. What’s sad is that my Xbox was used, and I had it for about 8 years. And I went through 3 360 do to the RRoD error. That’s pathetic that the original Xbox was built better then the 360.
>
> The only Xbox game I regret getting rid of is Robotech: Battlecry. Which is also compatible for the 360.

My original Xbox literally flew apart the day I got my 360.

I was playing Halo: CE and I was in the middle of 343 Guilty Spark on Legendary and my Xbox made a really bad grinding noise and then it spit my Halo disc across the room! The disc tray disintegrated! And my brother, being the little monster he is, loves to take electronics apart after they break. So, without asking me he destroyed my Xbox! The disc tray was the only thing wrong with it! Oh well.