Origin of the Legendary Ending's Song *Spoilers*

After beating the game on Legendary, we hear Cortana humming a song to the appearance of another Halo ring.Some have speculated that it could be a nod to 343 Guilty Spark’s maniacal humming. Others saying that it could be a movement from Rachmaninoff’s Concerto.

But guess what I noticed upon starting the game for another go at the campaign. The song being hummed is the same piano tune playing in Halsey’s office in the flashback where she creates Cortana.

Which by the way, features a currently age Halsey and a Cortana appearing similar to when she meets John and Blue team… but I digress.Take a listen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Nj5C-0WGRI

I don’t remember there being music playing during the Opening Cutscene.

> 2533274831388058;2:
> I don’t remember there being music playing during the Opening Cutscene.

Definitely was in there. Here’s a full cutscene montage showing the entire scene: Halo 5 - Legendary Ending - Cortana's Song Origin - YouTube

Very nice find!
Now to figure out what it means… (assuming it’s supposed to mean anything at all)

Damn, nice find!

Nice catch right there! Thanks for sharing

Slightly off topic but did anybody else notice that the diary Halsey put’s on her desk in the opening scene is the exact same diary as was included with the Halo Reach: Limited Edition?

I thought it was a nice touch!

> 2535439648658227;7:
> Slightly off topic but did anybody else notice that the diary Halsey put’s on her desk in the opening scene is the exact same diary as was included with the Halo Reach: Limited Edition?
>
> I thought it was a nice touch!

It’s the small things.

> 2533274950478805;8:
> > 2535439648658227;7:
> > Slightly off topic but did anybody else notice that the diary Halsey put’s on her desk in the opening scene is the exact same diary as was included with the Halo Reach: Limited Edition?
> >
> > I thought it was a nice touch!
>
>
> It’s the small things.

(Insert a joke here, without actually saying said joke) I’m sorry, I couldn’t resist XD

I digress, nice find!

How did people miss this?
I have a huge thing for music played on the piano,
so I had the song ingrained in the back of my mind the whole campaign.

Unfortunately it’s not what guilty spark hums in ce…

I have all of sparks lines ripped from the pc version of combat evolved.

2015, is that you? This is awkward.

Lazy link