organizing replies

assuming 343 actually does go through the forums to get an understanding of the fanbase, I don’t think any of them is going to look at the huge topics like the main sprint thread and say “I’m going to scroll through 759 pages of this”. plus I’m pretty sure the reason a lot of people might make their own threads for a topic that already has a major thread like sprint or halo 6 ideas because they feel like their opinion won’t be heard under all of those replies. if an option was added to see the most liked replies, and maybe an option to hide quoted posts, or be some kind of option to only see quotes to a specific reply then it’d be a lot easier for 343 to see what’s important and it might be easier for users to see all parts of a specific conversation (all the quotes to the specific reply).

You mean like a filter for replies?

> 2533274972430429;2:
> You mean like a filter for replies?

basically yeah

I’m not sure I see the point. How many likes a comment has is of no bearing on whether or not it is correct, well-thought out, valuable, or useful.

> 2533274880633045;4:
> I’m not sure I see the point. How many likes a comment has is of no bearing on whether or not it is correct, well-thought out, valuable, or useful.

usually more like means more people agree with the statement and it might give an idea on what the majority in a discussion wants

> 2533274889282194;5:
> > 2533274880633045;4:
> > I’m not sure I see the point. How many likes a comment has is of no bearing on whether or not it is correct, well-thought out, valuable, or useful.
>
> usually more like means more people agree with the statement and it might give an idea on what the majority in a discussion want

The majority of halo players will never be on this site (or any of the major halo sites.) Even if they were having more likes more likes means absolutely nothing. We live in a world of sock accounts and where people would run campaign to try and muster up votes to support their ideas. That doesn’t make them good or useful. I could muster up support for a campaign about just about anything with the roots I’ve set on this website. That doesn’t mean I know what I’m talking about; it doesn’t mean that whatever feedback I provide is useful. How many absolutely repulsive or non-constructive posts have you seen with dozens of likes? This is a large part of the reason I don’t really use reddit; it’s the kind of thing that is my rationale for supporting the change in featured topics.

> 2533274880633045;6:
> > 2533274889282194;5:
> > > 2533274880633045;4:
> > > I’m not sure I see the point. How many likes a comment has is of no bearing on whether or not it is correct, well-thought out, valuable, or useful.
> >
> > usually more like means more people agree with the statement and it might give an idea on what the majority in a discussion want
>
> The majority of halo players will never be on this site (or any of the major halo sites.) Even if they were having more likes more likes means absolutely nothing. We live in a world of sock accounts and where people would run campaign to try and muster up votes to support their ideas. That doesn’t make them good or useful. I could muster up support for a campaign about just about anything with the roots I’ve set on this website. That doesn’t mean I know what I’m talking about; it doesn’t mean that whatever feedback I provide is useful. How many absolutely repulsive or non-constructive posts have you seen with dozens of likes? This is a large part of the reason I don’t really use reddit; it’s the kind of thing that is my rationale for supporting the change in featured topics.

You make a good point. I guess you can go ahead and lock the thread then, there’s no use discussing this further