Ordnance Warning

I don’t know about other players but I find Infinity Slayer and Infinity Big Team much too hectic to feel like traditional Halo gameplay.

That’s obviously caused by Ordnance Drops, and I assume most people can relate to the feeling of coming around a corner, seeing someone and going to BR/DMR/whatever only to be vaporised by an Incineration Cannon or taken out by a Railgun when you were anticipating a precision duel, or some other longer encounter.

A simple, inoffensive fix for this would be to have the announcer announce (:P) when a weapon is called in by the enemy.

Earn ordnance
Select Incineration Cannon

You, my enemy, get this:

“Incineration Cannon on the field”.

Simple, inoffensive. It doesn’t compromise what they’ve earned or chosen and it makes these gametypes a little less unnecessarily hectic and unpredictable. A weapon picked up off the ground at the start shouldn’t be announced, but perhaps the second round of weapon respawns should be announced with “Additional weapons on the field” or something similar.

That way, you don’t get annihilated in frustrating circumstances because you just didn’t know what was around, not that you can, as it is now, and because you can’t place the weapon at a location without additional knowledge, such as having seen them move up with it, they can still do just as effectively with it as they can now.

Thoughts?

It’s been a while since I played slayer as I mostly play SWAT but maybe instead of saying what was called in, just say “Enemy Ordinance Called In”. Like I said, it’s been a while so it may say that, just my two cents. I would rather them have you be able to choose what 3 things come up as your ordinance, you can choose one grenade type and two heavy weapons. That will add to the skill required because drops wouldn’t be random but part of your loadout.

"just say “Enemy Ordinance Called In”.

The only problem with this is that that doesn’t change much. Past a certain point you can assume some ordnance has been called, but you still don’t have any idea what’s around.

“I would rather them have you be able to choose what 3 things come up as your ordinance, you can choose one grenade type and two heavy weapons. That will add to the skill required because drops wouldn’t be random but part of your loadout”.

It would stop them being random but it wouldn’t make it any more skillful… simply because they would automatically be the best weapons. You’d only see a Shotgun or Scattershot, a Binary Rifle and an Incineration Cannon.

It would ruin one of the things that is actually quite good about this game, which is that weapons like the Needler are actually useful and a different experience with a different reaction required if you encounter one.

There is no reaction possible as far as an Incineration Cannon goes, not as far as what anyone using anything can do.

Yeah it’d be a good idea, funny thing is it’s in Call of Duty, which is actually a good feature, Is it Ironic they didn’t take the good features from that game? It lets you know things like “Enemy Death Machine spinning up”

Although the best solution would be to give us the Original Slayer and BTB game mode, they were by far the best, but this game is pretty damn ruined as it is with the crap load of Bullet Magnetism, instant respawn, Overpowered starting weapons, random weapon drops, zerg fest of power weapons earned by people for dying, Vehicle combat has pretty much been ruined, Map flow has been completely ruined, there is no “flow” that the previous games had.

I most certainly agree with you CSB. Last night on Ragnarok, although our team was up by 10 or 15 kills, the enemy team kept getting ridiculous Ordnance drops. At one point they had 2 Binary Rifles and 1 Sniper in their possession while our team was getting drops like Needlers and Scattershots. We overcame them simply because we were a bit more coordinated, but still, that’s not the definition of an even playing field, and that’s not what Halo has ever been about. Infinity Slayer is a very fun game mode, don’t get me wrong, but something needs to be done to balance it out more. Either balance Ordnance selections for both teams, or do something like you mentioned so at the very least we can be prepared to face a power weapon (or 3).

Heck, why not do both?

With the ammount of ordinance drops earned in a game, no thanks, the voice would get very annoying after a while, just like when people flag juggled.

Flag taken… flag dropped… flag taken… flag dropped…

Then youd have this instead: Ordinance called in … x weapons selected (Multiply this by OVER 9000!) and youll want to mute the game.

I think Ordinance should be a progressive system. The more times you earn Ordinance, the better the weapon selection should get. Seems fair.

“Ordnance Ready” is always announced when you earn the ordnance. I don’t know what you are talking about.

> “Ordnance Ready” is always announced when you earn the ordnance. I don’t know what you are talking about.

He’s talking about for when the ENEMY team calls in a weapon. That way you can know that the enemy team is now in possession of an Incineration Cannon, Rocket Launcher, Binary Rifle, etc. rather than (like the OP said) walking into a battle and expecting a level playing field only to get obliterated because you weren’t prepared for the unknown weapon they called in 3 seconds before you came across them.

> > “Ordnance Ready” is always announced when you earn the ordnance. I don’t know what you are talking about.
>
> He’s talking about for when the ENEMY team calls in a weapon. That way you can know that the enemy team is now in possession of an Incineration Cannon, Rocket Launcher, Binary Rifle, etc. rather than (like the OP said) walking into a battle and expecting a level playing field only to get obliterated because you weren’t prepared for the unknown weapon they called in 3 seconds before you came across them.

Ok, then tell me why his poll says “Personal Ordnance” instead of “Enemy Ordnance.”

he means wen the other team have ordanance

I thought that one of the specialization perks allowed you to see when and what ordinance drops were called in. That way you would know where to avoid and so on.

In something like BTB where there are 8 enemies that could call in ordinance drops…the announcer would drive us insane. I vote no.

Especially since there’s already a perk for that…unless I’m horribly mistaken on what it does…

I just don’t understand how people are getting snipers and rockets all the time. Screw ordinances and random weapon spawns.

No way thats crazy

I agree with most of what you said, however, there are still some problems with this. First it would likely require 343 to bring the voice actor back and record the new dialogue so if 343 does decide to add this feature, it will not likely be added until the next halo game. The other problem is that ordinance drops come too often and it would get very annoying to hear the announcer say that so much. But it could just be made so that it is announced only when a heavy weapon is put on the feild like sniper rifles and rocket launchers etc.

“Ok, then tell me why his poll says “Personal Ordnance” instead of “Enemy Ordnance””.

It says Personal Ordnance because the distinction is between Infinity Ordnance, which spawns on the map, and Personal Ordnance, which someone calls in. Obviously you don’t need to hear what you’ve called in.

“I thought that one of the specialization perks allowed you to see when and what ordinance drops were called in. That way you would know where to avoid and so on”.

This perk works for Infinity Ordnance, not Personal Ordnance. This isn’t important here because even though they know where and what it’ll be, you will always be able to see what’s landed before they can grab it, unless they’re right on the spawn.

“Then youd have this instead: Ordinance called in … x weapons selected (Multiply this by OVER 9000!) and youll want to mute the game”.

This wouldn’t be the case in standard Infinity Slayer. If it proves to be a problem in Infinity Big Team (or whatever it’s actually called) it could simply be a text announcement.

“I just don’t understand how people are getting snipers and rockets all the time. Screw ordinances and random weapon spawns”.

If you were told someone had called in Rockets and a Snipe, would you mind so much? It would remove the feeling of disappointment and ‘whatever’ when you get killed by something like that randomly, and gives you a little warning so your life isn’t simply forfeit. The loadout weapons are capable of dealing with ordnance weapons, and a warning of what was called in would go a long way towards balancing ordnance out and making people feel as though their deaths were earned, or could be prevented if they’d done something a little different.

“First it would likely require 343 to bring the voice actor back and record the new dialogue so if 343 does decide to add this feature, it will not likely be added until the next halo game. The other problem is that ordinance drops come too often and it would get very annoying to hear the announcer say that so much”.

If the dialogue is really a problem, it could simply be a text warning or other weapon-specific visual cue. As far as ordnance being too common, this would also be solved in this case.

I don’t mind the idea that it would only warn you about power weapons. It doesn’t matter if a Needler comes around the corner, because you can identify it either by how it fires or what it looks like and you do have time to avoid an undeserved, instant death. Same with Grenades.

However, it would be highly appreciated to have anything other than a Needler or Nades announced/put up as a text warning.