Ordnance - Killstreak Bonus thingy?

How, exactly, is Ordnance gained?

First of all, I really want to make sure, 343, that it isn’t ‘Random’ or it isn’t something which ‘helps’ bad players.

If its like a killstreak for the good players, I can live with it. Doesn’t seem like a good idea, but at least it punishes bad players for being bad.

But I don’t really understand the concept of how it works. I know it will probably change because people would go, ‘wtf?’ But I wanna understand it a bit more right now.

It is a good question, and one which nobody on these forums, unless David or Frank are watching (hint hint) have a complete answer too.

As far as we know it, the “Random” weapon drops are not random. They can be learnt like current weapon drops can, but have a number of locations around the map and so are not like current ones.

However, a little indicator will appear when one of these weapon drops does come down, notifying you when it does drop. Also, they will be random Power weapons, not any old garbage.

On “Personal Ordnance”, we really don’t know how that works. It is safe to assume in game when challenges are complete, certain weapons can drop. However, we do not know how the normal ordnance or personal ordnance are the same.

As far as I know no one’s said personal ordnance will be in matchmaking, it COULD just be an option for custom games, hopefully…

The weapon drops are completely random. They’ll come in drop pods and could be anything. The only problem with killstreaks is that they generally result in a “Richer get richer” sort of system whereby the person who gets the killstreaks will then continue to get kills with his more powerful power weapons, generally resulting in him getting more kills/points to his next streak. I wouldn’t mind that sort of stuff in Spartan Ops as you are following the story of the UNSC Infinity which carries an entire army on it. It isn’t unfair in that respect, but multiplayer, not really.

If they didn’t stack, anyone could pick up the power weapon and it was in a separate playlist; I wouldn’t mind it being in multiplayer. If that sort of system does go through, I defiantly want to see the Orbital Strike come back in a very high killsreak as the last one. Only has 2 shots and with a particular “perk” you can see where it is. That would be nice.

> The weapon drops are completely random. They’ll come in drop pods and could be anything.

I am sorry but I do not think this is true. There are several locations in which the pods could come, but where they come is the random aspect. Also, they are random POWER weapons.

I will try to find quotes to back myself up on this, but I am fairly sure I am almost correct.

> > The weapon drops are completely random. They’ll come in drop pods and could be anything.
>
> I am sorry but I do not think this is true. There are several locations in which the pods could come, but where they come is the random aspect. Also, they are random POWER weapons.
>
> I will try to find quotes to back myself up on this, but I am fairly sure I am almost correct.

That’s what I mean

> How, exactly, is Ordnance gained?
>
> First of all, I really want to make sure, 343, that it isn’t ‘Random’ or it isn’t something which ‘helps’ bad players.
>
> If its like a killstreak for the good players, I can live with it. Doesn’t seem like a good idea, but at least it punishes bad players for being bad.
>
> But I don’t really understand the concept of how it works. I know it will probably change because people would go, ‘wtf?’ But I wanna understand it a bit more right now.

From what I got, they drop at random, and/or you gain the ability to select from a number of pre-determined locations.

Either way, you’ll be given an indicator of when the weapon hits the ground, and everyone runs off to fight for it.

We do not know how one “earns” the chance of selecting a weapon drop, but if they do tell, it would give players an incentive to use a mic to communicate with their teams to secure the weapons early.

This is also currently in select gametypes.

They are not kill streaks. Let me explain before you get confused.

Players will fight over power weapons at the start of the match, just like the Halo we know.

After that the ordinance drops occur and every player will be altered to where and when they will spawn. Players will move across maps and gain control. Though newer players may seem to have the advantage, they don’t as the good players will outslay and gain the reward.

The drops cycle randomly through pre determined locations on the map (think King of the Hill guys).

The drop contents are also determined by the size of the map so you’ll get things like Snipers, Lasers and stuff like that on BTB maps but never swords or Shotguns. Smaller maps will have weapons geared towards CQC battles.

343 is removing the barrier of timing power weapon spawns but that’s about it. If the players suck, they’ll ignore these UI indicators or perhaps fail to obtain control and be on the opposite end of that rocket or sick no scope. The better players are NOT being punished, rather it’s the same thing except map movement is promoted more under this system (even if it’s forced) and helping newer players without punishing both sides.

I am not sure if the drop contents are random or go in a certain order (I.E Rockets first drop, Sniper second, pro pipe third etc).

I’ve also heard that a player can determine the next drop point and force the other team to walk into a trap (while obviously gaining the advantage of choosing a drop point) and is keyed to one the d pads for further usage (though i don’t you automatically gain the contents, you still have to wait). I am not sure how that will work though.

Will you be able to pick up the ordnance instead of just picking up the weapon? There has to be some sort of trade off for both decisions (assuming that’s how it works).