Ordnance and it's removal.

Before you assume this is a “I hate H4 thread”, understand I am simply giving my input and suggestions.With that being said, ordnance is definitely a problem. I mean, firstly lets take into consideration how many weapons practically kill you before you can react, most being one hit kills.Rockets, Laser, Beam Rifle, Sniper rifle, Binary Rifle, Shotgun, Scattershot, Sticky Detonator, Sword, Saw, Incendiary Cannon, Boltshot, Fuel Rod and then there is also the power-up, Damage boost. I am particularly fond of BTB, which obviously is 16 players. To have the majority of players running around with power weapons, is a little frustrating to say the least. I tried to play earlier, and if I wasn’t randomly joining a game already in progress with a losing score, I was dying 5 times in a row to camping power weapons they “earned”… You shouldn’t be rewarded with weapons after obtaining enough “points”, especially considering you get points for everything except standing still in Halo 4. A kill in itself is a reward, and enough of them earn you a victory. I’ve been playing Halo online for about 5 years now, and I did play h1 and h2 as well. Yeah, I could go play a different playlist, but without ordnance, there aren’t even enough weapons on the map. Why can’t it be a simple concept of placing a weapon in a set location on every map, with a respawn time, and force players to fight for map control and said weapon, instead of throwing most of the strategy away? Halo doesn’t need a face-lift. It’s losing it’s identity in the process of trying to become something it’s rival has already perfected. I just don’t understand why they’re wasting the opportunity. The graphics are amazing, the maps are enjoyable. The gameplay suffers a bit. There is a reason H2 and H3 sold substantially more copies than Reach… why would they go anywhere near the gimmicks its predecessor offered? I’ll play of course, but sparingly so.

Ordnance is part of the Halo 4 experience. Nothing anyone says is going to get it ditched at this point. Especially since only one guy out of every match is typically so bothered they’d want it gone.

Instead of asking for it to be removed, give input on how it can be improved for the future. It is unreasonable to ask an entire feature to be patch out. It is perfectly reasonable to say “If you did it X way it would be much better for balance”

Well, if not completely removed, then atleast remove the “earning” aspect. Make it to where players cannot call in their own, rather they have to pick up randomly dropped ordnance on the map. Even that would be a vast improvement.

You make good points with what you said. But to go back to the point about controling the map. That is kinda the old school Halo gameplay but at the same time its gotten quite boring. Maps made in a way where teams would try to control a center point made it a copy paste kinda experence. I like that some of the new maps have made it more about moving around and keeping you on your toes. Yes theres alot of power weapons in the game but it keeps the game fast paced. Iv only had one game so far where the game clock counted down and that was simply because players were quiting and it slowed the game down. Halo 4 brings a new kinda of way of playing multiplayer and im a huge fan. I like that getting kills or team play gets you rewards. I was getting tired of the game where a team would camp a power weapon spawn.

make it so peoples ordinance meter get dropped by half whenever they die, so getting 10 kills and 42 deaths doesnt reward you with a rocket launcher

I’ve killed idiots with SAWs, Shotguns, Swords, Snipers…the whole kit and caboodle. With nothing more than an AR or DMR, grenades and my digital fists (or knife).

Yes, it can be frustrating. But, and I say this as someone who is self-admittedly average or ‘Meh’ level at Halo 4 (and past Halos), having power weapons does not magically make you an Uber God. You know the enemy team has power weapons? Be cautious! Wait for them. Let them rush and act like they are un-killable, then punish the hell out of them, steal their weapon and kill them with it.

Works for me, works for plenty of people I’ve seen…stops Power Weapon camping and vehicle abuse. Sorry, no agreement.

> make it so peoples ordinance meter get dropped by half whenever they die, so getting 10 kills and 42 deaths doesnt reward you with a rocket launcher

And so the guy spawn-camping you with a Mantis gets to have a field day instead.

Sounds legit.

It’s only in two playlists, why not just ask for a classic playlist instead, because that’s what I want.

> make it so peoples ordinance meter get dropped by half whenever they die, so getting 10 kills and 42 deaths doesnt reward you with a rocket launcher

Thats not a bad idea. Make it so that if you die three times you start to lose it. If you betray it drops back to zero and you have to start allover again

Well I would love for some adjustment to be made to the playlist I enjoy most. Who knows, maybe they will make some adjustments when ranked comes out. I just can’t seem to get into the game as much as I try. As for the person who said this game is a new multiplayer experience… Eh, maybe for Halo, but Call of Duty has been out for a while buddy. Not many people are new to this style of play.

ordinance can’t be taken out. There is a perk based around it and even an armour set that needs it (E.V.A. BRCH) which i want… I am sorry but you’re going to have to learn to take these power weapons out… though maybe you have a point and the frequency of getting power weapons should be reduced but from how I’ve been seeing things it is fine as is. Just my opinion though.

> > make it so peoples ordinance meter get dropped by half whenever they die, so getting 10 kills and 42 deaths doesnt reward you with a rocket launcher
>
> Thats not a bad idea. Make it so that if you die three times you start to lose it. If you betray it drops back to zero and you have to start allover again

You can no longer betray in most playlists, certainly not the two with Ordnance.

And how is that fair if, say, someone is spawn camping in a power-Vehicle? I’ve seen that happen too many times on Ragnarok and Exile, taking away an ability to break that camp up is plain daft.

> > > make it so peoples ordinance meter get dropped by half whenever they die, so getting 10 kills and 42 deaths doesnt reward you with a rocket launcher
> >
> > Thats not a bad idea. Make it so that if you die three times you start to lose it. If you betray it drops back to zero and you have to start allover again
>
> You can no longer betray in most playlists, certainly not the two with Ordnance.
>
> And how is that fair if, say, someone is spawn camping in a power-Vehicle? I’ve seen that happen too many times on Ragnarok and Exile, taking away an ability to break that camp up is plain daft.

The only power vehicle anymore is the mech, and it needs a debuff. Debuff the mech and then utilize my suggestion and everyones all happy fun time.

> Ordnance is part of the Halo 4 experience. Nothing anyone says is going to get it ditched at this point. Especially since only one guy out of every match is typically so bothered they’d want it gone.
>
> Instead of asking for it to be removed, give input on how it can be improved for the future. It is unreasonable to ask an entire feature to be patch out. It is perfectly reasonable to say “If you did it X way it would be much better for balance”

The balance in this game is already destroyed with the inclusion of loadouts anyway. They tried so hard to appeal to the other crowd they forgot about the real fans, and have screwed them over with this game. Its a joke.

> > > make it so peoples ordinance meter get dropped by half whenever they die, so getting 10 kills and 42 deaths doesnt reward you with a rocket launcher
> >
> > Thats not a bad idea. Make it so that if you die three times you start to lose it. If you betray it drops back to zero and you have to start allover again
>
> You can no longer betray in most playlists, certainly not the two with Ordnance.
>
> And how is that fair if, say, someone is spawn camping in a power-Vehicle? I’ve seen that happen too many times on Ragnarok and Exile, taking away an ability to break that camp up is plain daft.

You can with vechicls. Players can run over teamates. Been hit a few times a Ghost fleeing

Well, some of you have made valid points. I don’t know if one could sit with a straight face at the notion of ordnance needing to stay the way it is, or that is increases the games competitiveness. Call me old school if you’d like, I just feel this is more like… Halo 4: Fiesta. I may even go as far to say Halo: Reach 2 :frowning:

> Well, if not completely removed, then atleast remove the “earning” aspect. Make it to where players cannot call in their own, rather they have to pick up randomly dropped ordnance on the map. Even that would be a vast improvement.

Honestly I’d not be convinced about randomly dropping powerful weapons anywhere. They’d have to ditch the Engineer Specialization in that case since his being able to see the drops early would lead to him always being able to beat everyone to important weapons. It would really be pretty annoying.

I like the idea of rewarding good play with fun stuff. I think certain weapons shouldn’t be allowed to drop.

Incineration Cannon, Binary Rifle. You know. The OMGWTFPWN weapons. There are only a few of them. Extremely potent too. They should be pickups you have to fight over on the map, not ‘Yay you got some kills’.

I mean a Beam Rifle or a Scattergun are one thing. Especially since they disappear if you die. But the Binary Rifle or Incineration cannon are free kills. People need to fight for those on the map.

Same with Double Damage honestly. Overshield and Speed boost are okay though.

PODs are only in two playlists and in the two they are in it’s not a big deal. Most of your kills are still going to come from your skills and what ever rifle you have equipped.

Yeah , see… alot of suggestions for the ordnance runs into some sort of problem. If it wasn’t included in the game AT ALL, It’d not only be more competitive, but less stressful. You can maintain fun without ordnance… especially in this title.

> […] Why can’t it be a simple concept of placing a weapon in a set location on every map, with a respawn time, and force players to fight for map control and said weapon, instead of throwing most of the strategy away? […]

This. x 1000

I honestly wouldn’t even care that much if the weapon indicators were left in, for the purposes of “helping new players”, but the randomness factor needs to go. Make a playlist called Action Sack and put it all in there. If people want to play games based on dice rolls, they can do it to death in any such playlist.

I’ve not even played this game (inb4ucantcommentuhavntplayedit - I have a brain, imagination and I’ve watched as much live gameplay streams on Twitch as I can stand) and I honestly have no intention of buying it until I’ve read that things like this have been dealt with by the developers.