Ordinance drop...huh...

Very skeptical about this now.

Why? It’s mot like there will be an ordinance drop every five seconds. It’ll probably be once or twice a game.

> 2533274800521306;2:
> Why? It’s mot like there will be an ordinance drop every five seconds. It’ll probably be once or twice a game.

I’m worried because it was such a hated feature in Halo 4.

Hopefully its not implemented as a killstreak like Halo 4, but more like timed drops that can be fought over.

Probably for a non-competitive mode or perhaps that’s how vehicles spawn in now (though I doubt it). Don’t get too worked up about it until we find out more. Skepticism isn’t terrible though cause I had the same thoughts.

> 2533274800521306;2:
> Why? It’s mot like there will be an ordinance drop every five seconds. It’ll probably be once or twice a game.

I think we’ll need to see more to really know how often they’ll drop but in h4 you could get them pretty quick if you killed a lot.

im in the party vs ordnance’s and the reason is 1. It’s not arena like in any way at all, and it creates a randomness factor if the player can call it in out of no where, the arena factor has pre set power weapons in set locations that everyone knows about, it then comes down to how well you can time the pickups to grab them.

I’ll also be real here and you’ll see a lot of people being up how it’s CoD like just like they did back then, it’s just not creative really.

> 2533274863380818;3:
> > 2533274800521306;2:
> > Why? It’s mot like there will be an ordinance drop every five seconds. It’ll probably be once or twice a game.
>
> I’m worried because it was such a hated feature in Halo 4.

Really? I never had a problem with it or really heard of many complaints. I’m sure they will do something new with it.

I doubt a Banshee is a personal ordnance drop.

That’s true I really did not like ordnance drops and when I heard that I was disappointed

I’m sure it will be a timed drop a couple times per game at random intervals that people are meant to fight over.

I don’t think it’s gonna be like H4’s Ordinance Drops. More like random drops that happen throughout the game

Depends how they make use of it I’d say, I’m a big fan of H4 MP but I agree that this feature was a bit over the top and turned slayer into fiesta sometimes. I wonder in what way they will do it differently this time, because I strongly doubt that they will just do it like in h4 after the backlash for it.

Is this an ordnance drop that the player orders or just the new way for map-vehicles to re-spawn?

I view this ordinance drop the same as a power weapon in the map that has a cooldown to spawn, but in this case, players can fight over a powerful vehicle and gain advantage over the other team. Just my thoughts and I think it is a good idea.

Don’t read too much into this.

It’s just a new, cool way of delivering stuff to the map. It’s not a kill streak or anything like that. :slight_smile:

> 2533274796457055;14:
> Don’t read too much into this.
>
> It’s just a new, cool way of delivering stuff to the map. It’s not a kill streak or anything like that. :slight_smile:

On top of which, some features will likely be a per-gamemode thing; for example Mythic Slayer in Halo 5 or the crazy shenanigans from Halo 4’s Action Sack (anybody remember MINI SLAYER??) - so I wouldn’t doubt some features might only be in certain playlists rather than EVERY GAME EVER WILL ALWAYS HAVE THIS.

Also, Weapon Pads in 5. Some maps have them, others go for pure pickups only.

> 2533274836669416;5:
> Probably for a non-competitive mode or perhaps that’s how vehicles spawn in now (though I doubt it). Don’t get too worked up about it until we find out more. Skepticism isn’t terrible though cause I had the same thoughts.

I swear if this is in comp though, I’d laugh my head off… This better only be in BTB though. Makes more sense.

> 2533274863380818;1:
> Very skeptical about this now.

Pretty obviously something being used for BTB 2.0

> 2533274863380818;1:
> Very skeptical about this now.

It might be limited to certain game modes only or not given as a kill streak reward. Could be a global ordinance drop on a timer.

> 2535436557871072;16:
> > 2533274836669416;5:
> > Probably for a non-competitive mode or perhaps that’s how vehicles spawn in now (though I doubt it). Don’t get too worked up about it until we find out more. Skepticism isn’t terrible though cause I had the same thoughts.
>
> I swear if this is in comp though, I’d laugh my head off… This better only be in BTB though. Makes more sense.

343 has said it’s NOT the same thing as 4’s ordinance system, just an announcement for dropping off things into the map. Which is totally fine!

It could be like titans in Titanfall; everyone has a timer until they get their ordinance, but they can reduce the time by getting kills.

Also, note that they were in CTF, so it may not appear in every game mode.