Order of halo books

Hi I’m currently reading fall of reach and and looking at reading more of the books and are just wondering if there is a order to the books any help is appreciated

Sup, novel list from user CIA391

Halo: Fractures Extraordinary tales from the Halo Canon *This is a collection of stories ranging throughout the Halo story
Halo: Cryptum
Halo: Primordium
Halo: Silentium
Halo: Evolutions *This is a collection of stories ranging throughout the Halo story
Halo: The Fall of Reach
Halo: Contact Harvest *Happens midway in the fall of reach book
Halo: Cole Protocol *Happens midway in the fall of reach book
Halo: The Flood
Halo: First Strike
Halo: Ghosts of Onyx *Events in this book also happens concurrently during the fall of reach book.
Halo: Broken Circle *Events in this book also happen before the fall of reach book
Halo: Glasslands
Halo: Shadow of Intent
Halo: Thursday War
Halo: Mortal Dictata
Halo: Last Light
Halo: Retribution
Halo: Hunters in the Dark
Halo: New Blood
Halo: Smoke and Shadow
Halo: Saints Testimony
Halo: Envoy

to follow off from
SaffronAermo

he just missed the latest ones that are out such as

Halo Bad Blood Sequel to Halo New blood that takes place after events of Halo 5 (Follows the story of ODST squad Alpha 9 & Edward Buck)

Halo Battleborn starts very Early in the covenant War and takes place on the colony world called Meridian surrounding the story of few kids that are trapped outside the city shelter as the planet is being invaded.

Halo Silent Storm -Again very early in covenant war but it surrounds the story of Master Chief in his early command of Spartan/UNSC/ teams against the covenant.

Both Battleborn & Silent storm have sequels coming out later this year.

Edit:

Also Halo Renegades -sequel to Halo Smoke and Shadow- continue the story of Rion Forge family member of Sgt forge of the Spirit of Fire as she crews the salvage crew to find the long lost Ship and Dabble in ONI & Forerunner artifacts.

Thanks that’s a big help guess I’ve got a lot of books to buy

Thanks I was wondering why silent storm wasn’t on there because I have that one just haven’t read it yet

> 2533275019803030;5:
> Thanks I was wondering why silent storm wasn’t on there because I have that one just haven’t read it yet

Wasn’t that released recently?

> 2533274823470699;6:
> > 2533275019803030;5:
> > Thanks I was wondering why silent storm wasn’t on there because I have that one just haven’t read it yet
>
> Wasn’t that released recently?

not as recent as you think it was out September 2018

Reading all the books in chronological order is a great way to experience the lore. But there’s something to be said for reading by release date. Books that have been released more recently build on themes and subjects that were developed in previously released books. This isn’t totally necessary to understanding or enjoying each story, but it can help enhance the experience imo.

> 2535435902217648;8:
> Reading all the books in chronological order is a great way to experience the lore. But there’s something to be said for reading by release date. Books that have been released more recently build on themes and subjects that were developed in previously released books. This isn’t totally necessary to understanding or enjoying each story, but it can help enhance the experience imo.

Are the stories supplied by 343i, or are these fan stories. In other words, are the authors familiar with the lore and characters to the point that they add to the universe, or is 343i commissioning authors to write the stories?

> 2533274823470699;9:
> > 2535435902217648;8:
> > Reading all the books in chronological order is a great way to experience the lore. But there’s something to be said for reading by release date. Books that have been released more recently build on themes and subjects that were developed in previously released books. This isn’t totally necessary to understanding or enjoying each story, but it can help enhance the experience imo.
>
> Are the stories supplied by 343i, or are these fan stories. In other words, are the authors familiar with the lore and characters to the point that they add to the universe, or is 343i commissioning authors to write the stories?

I’m referring to canonical books that have been released by 343 (and Bungie). To clarify my previous post, small details in newly released books build on stuff that was established in previous books. So reading by release date instead of chronological order can make understanding Halo lore much easier in some cases. For me, I got into the deep Halo lore long after many of the books were released and read them in order of what interested me most. Doing it that way made some parts of the lore a bit confusing until I went back and did some casual research.

A really useful link someone gave me a while ago is this, it includes all the Halo related media and you can sort them by release date, title, chronological order etc. and can use filters so you will only see the books, comic books etc. if you prefer.

https://www.alltimelines.com/halo/

Thanks for the help guess I’ve got a lot of reading to do

> 2533275019803030;5:
> Thanks I was wondering why silent storm wasn’t on there because I have that one just haven’t read it yet

Please don’t post multiple time in a row. If you need to add more information or quote other users, you can edit your last post. Thanks

Anyone know the book order of the series with Vader I’m reading last light but I feel I’ve missed one in the series

Should Contact Harvest and the Cole Protocol not be before the fall of reach as harvest was the first point of the human covenant war and the Cole protocol was initiated to prevent a disabled ship from falling into the hand of the enemy and wiping the data cores? Just curious as I’ve recently read both and they’re not at the same time as Reach.

I feel like theres 2 different orders- canon order and release order. Kind of like how star wars movies are watched out of order. The previous post is canon order.

Ah I see, my apologies. I was just going by the dates within the story as they give background and whatnot. Yeah I love Star Wars and I myself have got confused at times with the canon novels and legend ones.

just thought I’d ask was all and see what the gen pop would think. Thanks for answering dude!