Optional 1st person view for vehicles

Just like BF3. Straight up. I want it. It intense. Its hectic. What’s not to love about it?

Thoughts?

Hard to see, that’s whats not to love

No, that’d be like giving the option for a player to view in third person. That’s just how Halo plays. I wouldn’t mind it in the custom games options but not in multiplayer matchmaking. Also, you’d have pretty poor visibility and control.

Oh and welcome to Halo Waypoint. :slight_smile:

I remember the 1st-person view in the passenger seat in Halo: Combat Evolved, back when the passenger could be useful for something other than carrying a flag.

I’d love to have this for everything. :smiley:

Thank you for the warm welcome C:

Okay let’s go back to reach and remember how boring the space fights were in that fighter. It might just be me but I thought it would’ve been a lot cooler if it were first person.

No. If we had this option, players would be switching to it constantly and crashing into everything and running off of cliffs. Wear a blindfold while trying to drive your car. That’s what it would be like.

I want it as a gametype option, but I also think that a lot of vehicle stuff should be first person. Driving should probably, by default, be third person in every vehicle. But the stuff where you just sit in a seat and fire out of it? I vote first person on that stuff.

Still, the best way for it to go is probably to have all first person vehicle stuff be gametype options and let the third person vehicle stuff be the default. Options are optional, right? Who can say no to an option like that? Aside from if it caused a bug that couldn’t be fixed before certification, or something like that.

Even if it was an option I would most likely not use it. I acctually like being able to see SOMETHING when I’m in a vehicle (I’m talking about Halo CE here).

No, such a radical option would change gamplay for the worse. First-person vehicle gameplay would not work in Halo, as it is always preferable to have an expansive view and it is easier to control that way. I’m all for change and innovation; it’s how video game series stay fresh. But I cannot support additions which both adversely and dramatically effect the series core gameplay. We all know the score by now: Handheld weapons in first-person, while vehicles and turrets are in third. And I don’t see any reason to change that forumula which has been intrinsic to Halo since Halo: CE.

> Hard to see, that’s whats not to love

hence the term optional and who knows exactly how it would work i mean it would be like the hud most likely just slightly tweaked

> Just like BF3. Straight up. I want it. It intense. Its hectic. What’s not to love about it?
>
> Thoughts?

It’d be excellent for Machinimas though.

I’d like it as an option, but what I really miss is the first person view when riding shotgun. It was just cool.

> No. If we had this option, players would be switching to it constantly and crashing into everything and running off of cliffs. Wear a blindfold while trying to drive your car. That’s what it would be like.

no it would be just exactly like driving in normal life and plus having things like rearview would also be sick if this isnt in 4 it should finally be in 5

Am I the only person that played halo1 and just rode in the passenger seat while my friend just drive off cliffs? It looked so cool doing flips and rolls. It was a lot easier to shoot at targets too. I don’t understand why most of you don’t like it. It’s so much fun, I know it eliminates most of your view but, the view from first person in a cockpit/drivers seat/gunner what have you, it justs puts a whole new level of immersion that you can’t get from a 3rd person view.

Remember “optional” not permanent.

> Am I the only person that played halo1 and just rode in the passenger seat while my friend just drive off cliffs? It looked so cool doing flips and rolls. It was a lot easier to shoot at targets too. I don’t understand why most of you don’t like it. It’s so much fun, I know it eliminates most of your view but, the view from first person in a cockpit/drivers seat/gunner what have you, it justs puts a whole new level of immersion that you can’t get from a 3rd person view.
>
> Remember “optional” not permanent.

I do this a lot, too. :slight_smile:

For custom games, 110%. But not online.

Welcome to Waypoint! :smiley:

I want it. It’ll be like rogue squadron, but better.

I’d like an option to switch the camera view while in a vehicle. There are so many buttons that aren’t used, just assign it to one of them.

I don’t see why this can’t be implemented as an option. It is literally as easy as moving the axis of the camera to be at the players helmet height when they occupy a vehicle.

You cannot say that having an option of being in 1st person it at all a bad idea.

> You cannot say that having an option of being in 1st person it at all a bad idea.

Uh, yes we can. You can’t see ANYTHING out the Warthog’s windshield, so I’m sure the other two players riding in it won’t be happy when the driver drives straight off the edge.

It would definitely be a cool option.