Option to turn off hit markers!!

This is kind of a basic request, but to be honest I don’t really dig the addition of hit markers in Halo 4. From the gameplay I’ve seen it looks distracting and frankly, unnecessary. Shield flares have always been telling of your shots making contact and basically fulfill the purpose of hitmarkers without hitmarkers.

For the uninformed, hitmarkers are the hash tags around the aiming reticle you see when your bullets make contact with another player, a la Gears of War 3, Call of Duty, Battlefield, etc.

Now I’m not saying they should remove hitmarkers altogether, as I could see it being a valuable asset for some players; just not for me, and perhaps others are in the same boat as well. All I would like is a simple toggle in gameplay settings, and I’ll be perfectly happy. I’d assume this would actually be very easy to implement as well, because in all the gameplay prior to E3 there were no hitmarkers (reference the First Look if you don’t believe me). Would anyone else like to see 343 do this as well?

Distracting? Really?

The first time Halo ACTUALLY has Hit-makers…

> Distracting? Really?

I can see it. Besides, can’t hurt to have the personal option right?

There’s no reason for it, and there’s no canon reason for it. Shield flares are all you need.

Options are optional, so I’d support it.

Though honestly, I don’t get the hate or dislike toward hit-markers. I never noticed them until someone pointed them out.

Shield flare >>>>>>>> hitmarkers

What is 343 thinking…

why in the world would you not want hitmarkers in an online game where lag is possible!?

I really like this feature, and I don’t understand the hate towards it. at all.

if a guy’s shields are down (and no shield flare to help you at all, and the small blood you see isn’t reliable), hitmarkers allow you to know you’re actually hitting them.

> This is kind of a basic request, but to be honest I don’t really dig the addition of hit markers in Halo 4.

I don’t see why not.

> From the gameplay I’ve seen it looks distracting

It’s not as distracting as you think.

> Shield flares have always been telling of your shots making contact and basically fulfill the purpose of hitmarkers without hitmarkers.

You’re thinking for close to mid range, Shield flares are great in combat where you’re not zoomed in, and as long as the shields are active.

But for snipers like my self, hit markers are great for shooting long range where we can’t see the shield flares.

> Options are optional, so I’d support it.
>
> Though honestly, I don’t get the hate or dislike toward hit-markers. I never noticed them until someone pointed them out.

I don’t hate hitmarkers at all, it’s probably the most harmless addition to Halo 4. For me though it just breaks the immersion, especially in the campaign demo where it just felt out of place.

> why in the world would you not want hitmarkers in an online game where lag is possible!?

They are completely unnecessary. In past Halo’s you’ll know your shots landed when the enemies shield flare up.

> There’s no reason for it, and there’s no canon reason for it. Shield flares are all you need.

There doesn’t have to be a canon reason for everything… Even if there was, I believe Spartans HUD could accommodate hit markers…

I don’t think theres a big issue with hit markers, they really are not that distracting.

> Shield flare >>>>>>>> hitmarkers
>
> What is 343 thinking…

Trust me, when you play it you don’t even notice them.

> Options are optional, so I’d support it.
>
> Though honestly, I don’t get the hate or dislike toward hit-markers. I never noticed them until someone pointed them out.

This

Sure as long as its optional

There u go. Ppl complaining just about everything. Even the obviously good additions to the franchise.

I support I would rather have no hit markers all the past halos have been fine without it.

> There u go. Ppl complaining just about everything. Even the obviously good additions to the franchise.

This isn’t as bad as what some people do. At lest he didn’t go, “WHY THE -Yoink- ARE THEIR HIT MARKERS 343I?! REMOVE THEM! NOW!” At lest he’s asking 343i to make it optional, which I think is reasonable, Options are optional, so they’re not forcing people to use them. People are better if something people don’t care for/dislike is optional, because then people who like them can use them, and those who don’t are forced to use them.

> > There u go. Ppl complaining just about everything. Even the obviously good additions to the franchise.
>
> This isn’t as bad as what some people do. At lest he didn’t go, “WHY THE -Yoink!- ARE THEIR HIT MARKERS 343I?! REMOVE THEM! NOW!” At lest he’s asking 343i to make it optional, which I think is reasonable, Options are optional, so they’re not forcing people to use them. People are better if something people don’t care for/dislike is optional, because then people who like them can use them, and those who don’t are forced to use them.

I got ur point. Its just i am fed up of all that hating and complaining. There is like 1 of 10 complaining trhreads having some proper arguments.

Just because past Halos didn’t have them doesn’t mean Halo 4 can’t or shouldn’t have them. I can see your cave-ancestors going “Well we lived fine without fire, we don’t need it now!”. You still have shield flare and I didn’t even notice the hit markers from the videos I’ve seen. Besides, as weird stealth said, it will be great for long range fighting when the flare can’t be seen.

Have the option to turn them off, but don’t whine about them. THEY ARE HARMLESS.