Option to turn off DMR bloom/BR recoil

Since 343 gave the community the option to turnoff and adjust bloom; will this be an option for Halo 4? It would be fine for the normal playlists to have recoil. But no recoil for MLG was the best thing that happened since the H2 BR in terms of a competitive utility weapon. I hope you hear my plee! I’m buying the game anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

I agree that it would be wise to include as many options for MLG and casual players as possible. I would like to se what the default settings are first then start experimenting though. I don’t want to have a preconcieved idea of what THEIR game should be.

you guys do realize recoil is not new? It was in Halo 2,3, and ODST with the SMG, and a few other guns.

But I agree, we should have the options. :slight_smile:

Seems like a fairly simple yet potentially almost necessary thing to both implememt and have.

Indeed but the smg is not a utility weapon as much as Bungie thought it was in H2 with a primary starting weapon in most playlists. Lol fun times

Edited by Moderator - Please do not post spam.

*Original post, click at your own discretion.

I believe MLG should work with 343 to create a good ranking system and possibly something like the 1-50 system they had in halo 2 because it keeps a good balance between casual and competitive gamers and you have more options to play different types of games within ranked,and social matchmaking

> Since 343 gave the community the option to turnoff and adjust bloom; will this be an option for Halo 4? It would be fine for the normal playlists to have recoil. But no recoil for MLG was the best thing that happened since the H2 BR in terms of a competitive utility weapon. I hope you hear my plee! I’m buying the game anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

… You people complain about lack of a skill gap, and then complain when one is implemented. You complain and beg for a classic playlist, and then complain when one is implemented…

KillaKC said that bloom is very different from reach and that it receded a lot quicker. He also stated that the BRs recoil was barely noticeable and that it was easily controlled.

Just thought i would put that out there. I see where you are coming from though.

Ranks keep most people happy. Because I can just go into say btb with a team and make people quit. But they are fixing that with the joining in the middle option. I hope if you say join in progress say losing 46 to 30 that it doesn’t count as a lose on your record.

> Ranks keep most people happy. Because I can just go into say btb with a team and make people quit. But they are fixing that with the joining in the middle option. I hope if you say join in progress say losing 46 to 30 that it doesn’t count as a lose on your record.

They should just make it so that once one team exceeds half the kills for the match, no one can join…

I’m not complaining. It is just a suggestion. I want to see the game succeed. And the most competitive settings will bring halo back into the MLG spotlight. But it won’t surpass SC2.

I don’t understand how anyone would want less options in custom games? Surely that’s the point of custom games! To manipulate the rules as you like and create your own gametype as you see fit. So, YES!

> I don’t understand how anyone would want less options in custom games? Surely that’s the point of custom games! To manipulate the rules as you like and create your own gametype as you see fit. So, YES!

I wish more people thought like you! :smiley:

:heavy_check_mark:

> Since 343 gave the community the option to turnoff and adjust bloom; will this be an option for Halo 4? It would be fine for the normal playlists to have recoil. But no recoil for MLG was the best thing that happened since the H2 BR in terms of a competitive utility weapon. I hope you hear my plee! I’m buying the game anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

I would like to see MLG keep the DMR bloom and the BR recoil. Since they are barely noticeable, it is not an issue of randomness anymore. Since these things are controllable, it does not take away from the skill gap, but should actually increase it a little bit. MLG needs to try out vanilla first and see if it is any good. Most of the stuff should be ok, except for maybe the starting with AAs/loadouts, but we will see.

It’s good to see a healthy response. Thanks guys.

Everyone has their opinion. Of course it’s not going to be like H2. I wish but if they can provide more custom options then Reach has I’ll be surprised.

Also if the recoil is hardly noticeable. Then why have it in the first place. Just sayin :stuck_out_tongue:

> It’s good to see a healthy response. Thanks guys.
>
> Everyone has their opinion. Of course it’s not going to be like H2. I wish but if they can provide more custom options then Reach has I’ll be surprised.
>
> Also if the recoil is hardly noticeable. Then why have it in the first place. Just sayin :stuck_out_tongue:

It is more or less barely noticeable, but it is fully controllable. It increases the skill gap ever so slightly. If it was completely random, then I wouldn’t be saying this, but it is predictable and controllable. So if you want to pick people off from afar, it will require a lot more skill than if it didn’t recoil at all. And if there is recoil, then there will probably be barely any spread on the bullets. Just my two cents.

What if someone knew about it and turned off recoil and bloom, then a new player didn’t know for whatever reason they would have a disadvantage…

Recoil is good (it takes a bit of skill to control), and bloom is probably done wisely this time (as in, like the TU playlists, 85% was it?).

This would be great for custom games options. It would really help mlg create their game types.