Option to disable Join In Progress

Can we please have a search option that allows us to opt-out of joining matches already in progress? I won’t ask that it be taken away as I’m sure there are some people who like it, but for me, I’d rather not face the possibility of joining unwinable games with one minute remaining…

I’d love to never be in the position of joining a game partway through, whether my team is winning or not. I reckon I’ve probably quit half of my games due to them being join in progress ones. I have no desire to take part in those games, and if I had the option to avoid them, it wouldn’t ruin others games.

I don’t mind joining early in game but id kill for an option not to join past halfway. Or just do away with it, we’ve all played shorthanded it sucks but I can deal with it

I can’t even remember a game that I’ve joined half way through where my team was actually WINNING. It’s a bit of a flawed process to be honest. 9 times out of 10 you’re only ever going to join a team that’s getting worked because people rarely quit a winning team (unless they get booted/ connection issues etc.) Being able to opt out of join-in-progress would be fantastic

I see a problem with everyone opting out, breaking the system even further. I think a bit of tuning is required. Setting it so you never join a match that’s more than halfway over, or join a team that’s halfway to losing, would be fine with me.

While I personally don’t have a problem with the JIP, still, it being an option would certainly be an acceptable change.

I like join in progress, I’m willing to take the hit and join a few games late to not have the games I’m in and someone quits be ruined. To allow people not to do this and still reap the benefits would not work. I would select no jip if it was an option to reap the benefit without the consequence, but I should not be permitted to do this.

I have played 16 games of MM and have 1 loss from a JIP - 400 to 100 with 4 minutes to go. Turn it off - I can wait for a fair game.

> I see a problem with everyone opting out, breaking the system even further. I think a bit of tuning is required. Setting it so you never join a match that’s more than halfway over, or join a team that’s halfway to losing, would be fine with me.

If matchmaking gave us even teams to start with, there wouldn’t really be much of a problem.

How about disable “JiP” until it’s not broken?

JiP should NEVER split a party.

JiP should NEVER put you in an impossible to win game.

JiP should NEVER let games start 4v1.

JiP should NEVER put you in a game that is moments from finishing.

I dont mind the JIP but there should be a time period you cant join in like the last 1min 30 seconds of the game so you dont join and get the defeat or victory for nothing you have to join at the beginning or half way

Yes please.

I just want jip to stop splitting my partys up with some on both teams…

Also jip should be default but with the option to turn it off.

> How about disable “JiP” until it’s not broken?
>
> JiP should NEVER split a party.
>
> JiP should NEVER put you in an impossible to win game.
>
> JiP should NEVER let games start 4v1.
>
> JiP should NEVER put you in a game that is moments from finishing.

All of the above