Option to Disable A.I Squad Mates

I was wondering if there would be an option in some form which would remove the Squad mates from the single player. I don’t think it’s really fair to force upon people A.I characters who will help you during fights.

The reason I loved the drop in, drop out co-op in previous Halo games is because if I wanted a challenge in the campaign I could play solo without any help but no they seemed to think it was a fantastic idea to add permanent characters into the story so if you are not playing with friends you are forced to put up with them.

I know they are in the story and will appear in cutscenes etc but there must be a way to add an option of removing them when it comes to gameplay and moving throughout the level.

If I wanted a full on Squad based campaign I’d play Halo Reach or wait for the new Gears of War game. The main Halo games have never been about it and if it can’t be done in Guardians then I hope to god they remove the squads thing for the next game.

Least the drop in, drop out random Spartan in the past games give players the choice and in my opinion choice is the best thing you can give gamers.

Thoughts?

The entire campaign is built on 4 player squads, it’s extremely unlikely there will be an option to disable them. From what I’ve seen, I’m very encouraged about them working well.

> 2533274809789384;1:
> I don’t think it’s really fair to force upon people A.I characters who will help you during fights.

I don’t think its fair that your forcing your opinion of your view that the game was built on

I can’t wait to fight with a squad personally. Looks fun!

> 2533274832360281;3:
> > 2533274809789384;1:
> > I don’t think it’s really fair to force upon people A.I characters who will help you during fights.
>
>
> I don’t think its fair that your forcing your opinion of your view that the game was built on

Course it’s fair.

Wanting the fairness of the old games by giving us a choice opposed to what they are doing now which forces a feature upon us is totally reasonable.

Judging by videos, you could easily go on Legendary mode, use your A.I characters as bait/distractions while you stay at the back, shoot enemies who are busy with other characters. Not saying it’s going to be easy peasy but it’s going to come across easier then past games when going solo on legendary. Some people liked the challenge.

The game seems like it’s trying to be something it’s not. If I wanted Squads I’d play Halo Reach or Gears of War.

Like I said I don’t want the feature removed, that would be fair for those who like it, I just wanted to at least see if an option could be present to please both audiences. I mean we are talking about 4 games in the past which has given us a fair choice on how to play, why not this one.

The team stuff is incredibly important. You almost always had a companion of some description in previous games - Arby, Johnson, and of course the lovely marines - only this time it does seem to be improved upon. They are designing it such that the amount of enemies will compensate for the help you get, and these chaps actually go down in this game and need to be revived. They aren’t super unstoppable tanks who will mop everyone up for you. They’re useful, but the players is definitely going to have to pick up the slack.

> 2533274809789384;5:
> > 2533274832360281;3:
> > > 2533274809789384;1:
> > > I don’t think it’s really fair to force upon people A.I characters who will help you during fights.
> >
> >
> > I don’t think its fair that your forcing your opinion of your view that the game was built on
>
>
> Course it’s fair.
>
> Wanting the fairness of the old games by giving us a choice opposed to what they are doing now which forces a feature upon us is totally reasonable.
>
> Judging by videos, you could easily go on Legendary mode, use your A.I characters as bait/distractions while you stay at the back, shoot enemies who are busy with other characters. Not saying it’s going to be easy peasy but it’s going to come across easier then past games when going solo on legendary. Some people liked the challenge.
>
> The game seems like it’s trying to be something it’s not. If I wanted Squads I’d play Halo Reach or Gears of War.
>
> Like I said I don’t want the feature removed, that would be fair for those who like it, I just wanted to at least see if an option could be present to please both audiences. I mean we are talking about 4 games in the past which has given us a fair choice on how to play, why not this one.

The game isn’t trying to be something it’s not. YOU want it to be something it’s not. I’m sick of people being so entitled over this game, thinking every feature they want has to be in it. It’s not halo 1-3. If you want that, then play those.

Because this one simply is made around having your squad and giving them commands. They can’t be taken out, they are part of the core mechanic of the Halo 5 campaign. Why not try Legendary first with the squad based gameplay. I’m sure they’ll have done balancing to make it just as or more difficult than past Halo games.

> 2533274809789384;5:
> > 2533274832360281;3:
> > > I don’t think it’s really fair to force upon people A.I characters who will help you during fights.
> >
> >
> > I don’t think its fair that your forcing your opinion of your view that the game was built on
>
>
> Course it’s fair.
>
> Wanting the fairness of the old games by giving us a choice opposed to what they are doing now which forces a feature upon us is totally reasonable.
>
> Judging by videos, you could easily go on Legendary mode, use your A.I characters as bait/distractions while you stay at the back, shoot enemies who are busy with other characters. Not saying it’s going to be easy peasy but it’s going to come across easier then past games when going solo on legendary. Some people liked the challenge.
>
> The game seems like it’s trying to be something it’s not. If I wanted Squads I’d play Halo Reach or Gears of War.
>
> Like I said I don’t want the feature removed, that would be fair for those who like it, I just wanted to at least see if an option could be present to please both audiences. I mean we are talking about 4 games in the past which has given us a fair choice on how to play, why not this one.

What videos would those be? The only videos I’ve seen of Legendary so far they get completely slaughtered.

> 2535442610755361;6:
> The team stuff is incredibly important. You almost always had a companion of some description in previous games - Arby, Johnson, and of course the lovely marines - only this time it does seem to be improved upon. They are designing it such that the amount of enemies will compensate for the help you get, and these chaps actually go down in this game and need to be revived. They aren’t super unstoppable tanks who will mop everyone up for you. They’re useful, but the players is definitely going to have to pick up the slack.

Agreed. I think the problem is that this game would feel very empty without squad mates.

I’m guessing that there will be a skull that can turn them off for regular gameplay. The skull would make it so they will be there for the cut scenes and parts that actually need them to progress you through the campaign but remove them for the normal run and gun. But this is just a guess! At least, this would be a cool skull to have for LASO.

> 2533274809789384;5:
> > 2533274832360281;3:
> >
> >
>
>
>

Reach had squad mechanics?

> 2533274809789384;5:
> > 2533274832360281;3:
> >
> >
>
>
> Course it’s fair.
>
>
>
>

Now you can play Halo 5.

Regarding difficulty, 343i have mentioned in the Sprint series that was also a concern for them and have had 2 developers focused solely on that problem.

As for fair choice in previous games, none of those choices were complete opposite to the core mechanics of the games design. You can’t just switch off the AI

Maybe theres a skull that disables your squad from shooting or throwing grenades, but they will still be present for the sake of dialogue, cutscenes etc.

This forum is getting ridiculous with its complaints again.

The whole game is built around 4 player squads. This means that the game will be just as difficult as the previous installments, if not harder, because the entire experience is treating you as if you have 3 other teammates, because you do. The entire story is also built around the squads, do you even know what you’re asking for? This isn’t a simple On/Off type thing.

Playing the game without a squad would be breaking the game. Spaces would be way too huge for just one person and there would be way too many enemies for you to handle or barely any at all, creating empty unused space - a complete waste.

> 2533274809789384;1:
> I was wondering if there would be an option in some form which would remove the Squad mates from the single player. I don’t think it’s really fair to force upon people A.I characters who will help you during fights.
>
> The reason I loved the drop in, drop out co-op in previous Halo games is because if I wanted a challenge in the campaign I could play solo without any help but no they seemed to think it was a fantastic idea to add permanent characters into the story so if you are not playing with friends you are forced to put up with them.
>
> I know they are in the story and will appear in cutscenes etc but there must be a way to add an option of removing them when it comes to gameplay and moving throughout the level.
>
> If I wanted a full on Squad based campaign I’d play Halo Reach or wait for the new Gears of War game. The main Halo games have never been about it and if it can’t be done in Guardians then I hope to god they remove the squads thing for the next game.
>
> Least the drop in, drop out random Spartan in the past games give players the choice and in my opinion choice is the best thing you can give gamers.
>
> Thoughts?

Did you ask the same for GoW?

> 2533274809789384;5:
> > 2533274832360281;3:
> >
> >
>
>
> Course it’s fair.
>
>
>
>

Halo reach had AI squadmates, You had the arbiter 80% of halo 3, and you’ve always had marines through each halo. The only difference is you can control them with only a push of a button. If you really don’t want them, tell them to take cover in a corner at the beginning of the campaign and go through yourself.

They aren’t invincible, they’ll all go down trying to revive one another. They’ve also upped the enemy count to compensate, and they wont kill too many enemies. Also, there’s only a minute of legendary footage out there. We don’t know how useless they become on legendary.

Seriously, people ask for a toggle for everything. Only a month ago there was so much rage for chromatic aberration not being toggle-able, even though its just an image on your face. I’m gonna ask for a toggle for Master chiefs right earlobe length and hope I get it. Ok a little exxagerated but 343 cant toggle everything.

Although, I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a skull, which wouldn’t be so different from a toggle, except it’d come with a multiplier and would likely modify enemy difficulty to compensate for 3 less players on the field at all times.

> Wanting the fairness of the old games

Why are old games fairer w/o 3 other characters?

> 2533274832360281;3:
> > 2533274809789384;1:
> > I don’t think it’s really fair to force upon people A.I characters who will help you during fights.
>
>
> I don’t think its fair that your forcing your opinion of your view that the game was built on

The new community in a nutshell…guy gives an opinion/question, someone gets overly offended for i can’t even think of a reason. “Forced opinion” shoot.

The A.I squadmates are build into the campaign from the group for 4 player co-op. No you will not be able to disable them. This is how the game was made and this is how it should play.

> 2533274809789384;1:
> I don’t think it’s really fair to force upon people A.I characters who will help you during fights.

You must have hated Reach.