Option for First-person vehicle driving?

I would like the ability to experience vehicle combat in first-person, rather than be limited to a passenger seat in CE. This should be a toggle-able option, and players could use 3rd person if preferred.

Yes, I would like that option too.
Would be great.
Although I think that any player would be more useful in third person (they’re more aware of their surroundings and etc.), an option to toggle views would be welcome.

it would give a really cool dynamic if you could toggle first-person view

i’m very interested as to what a scorpion’s HUD looks like from the inside, and i think it would be awesome to drive a hog first-person

Optional would be interesting, but this should never be forced.

I always loved the idea of first person deaths. Every now and then the game will get laggy and you’ll stay in first person when you get killed, which was always really cool. Of course, have it where it could be toggled on or off.

Yes, this is something I always wanted, just imagine driving a warthog in first person :slight_smile:

> Yes, this is something I always wanted, just imagine driving a warthog in first person :slight_smile:

Imagine driving a falcon in first person.

If you can’t, it probably looks like this.

Third person vehicle combat is a Halo original, and it doesn’t need to be touched as a default mechanic. But I’m all for the third person point of view as a toggle. It could be neat indeed, especially with the ridiculous XB1 graphics I’m seeing.

I always loved lst the 1st person view for vehicles and Halo is no exception. This should be toggleable, but not forced for sure!

A “realistic” mode with 1st person everything (driving/gunning), limb damage dynamics, etc would be pretty rad in my opinion

First of all, the large field of view resulting from third person view provides better steering ability plus an increased awareness of the battlefield, so first person view would be a hindrance and would likely be scarcely used.

Not to mention, it’s really annoying. Have you ever played Forza? First person drving makes corners a lot harder, and especially in a game where you need to react quickly to ever changing scenarios and dodge incoming projectiles or kill escaping enemies, it would be completely useless and extremely frustrating.

I don’t see why anyone would want it.

It would be an amazing custom game option, especially for race gametypes, which I sincerely hope make a comeback. If they were to bring the Chopper and H3 Infection options back, it’d be good for a boss battle type game such as one I created in H3 that was similar to the “Bull” gametype, but in a confined space, as well. It would make sense that the monster wouldn’t be able to see over its shoulder and behind itself unless it turned to face that direction lol. :stuck_out_tongue:

It would also be useful for countering vehicle strength in an interesting way in certain scenario-based gametypes like Invasion (hope that’s brought back) or BTB/medium-sized slayer games in relatively smaller arenas.

“Dewit! Dewit nao!!!”
-Arnold Schwarzenegger-

> First of all, the large field of view resulting from third person view provides better steering ability plus an increased awareness of the battlefield, <mark>so first person view would be a hindrance and would likely be scarcely used.</mark>
>
> Not to mention, it’s really annoying. <mark>Have you ever played Forza? First person drving makes corners a lot harder,</mark> and especially in a game where you need to react quickly to ever changing scenarios and dodge incoming projectiles or kill escaping enemies, it would be completely useless and extremely frustrating.
>
> I don’t see why anyone would want it.

after your forza comment I’m gonna guess that you don’t drive in the real world as cornering isn’t hard at all in FP. As for FP in a shooter you only have to look at Battlefield to see they do FP vehicular combat really well as did Battlefront back in the day. I’m all for a toggle for FP and TP vehicular combat but it would be sweet to see it featured. Come to think of it I don’t know anyone that uses TP in Battlefield.

> > First of all, the large field of view resulting from third person view provides better steering ability plus an increased awareness of the battlefield, <mark>so first person view would be a hindrance and would likely be scarcely used.</mark>
> >
> > Not to mention, it’s really annoying. <mark>Have you ever played Forza? First person drving makes corners a lot harder,</mark> and especially in a game where you need to react quickly to ever changing scenarios and dodge incoming projectiles or kill escaping enemies, it would be completely useless and extremely frustrating.
> >
> > I don’t see why anyone would want it.
>
> after your forza comment I’m gonna guess that you don’t drive in the real world as cornering isn’t hard at all in FP. As for FP in a shooter you only have to look at Battlefield to see they do FP vehicular combat really well as did Battlefront back in the day. I’m all for a toggle for FP and TP vehicular combat but it would be sweet to see it featured. Come to think of it I don’t know anyone that uses TP in Battlefield.

I do drive IRL, but uhhh, in case you hadn’t noticed, it’s a little different than driving in a video game. First of all, it’s 3 dimensional, plus you don’t use a controller to drive IRL. Plus, YOU’RE NOT GETTING SHOT AT.

As for the value or the usefulness of FP driving, it all depends on the value of the current TP view. Right now, in Halo, TP is much better and far more useful than any FP view would be. In Battlefield, using FP view is one of the downsides of driving. You don’t have as big of a field of view. However, you can use multiple cannons on most every vehicle. In Halo, they have different downsides to using a Warthog. As the driver, you can’t shoot.

It’s a balance between upsides and downsides to using everything. As we have right now in Halo, TP is much better than any FP. So, adding FP view would be another downside, and if you could toggle it, why would you turn on something that will only make it more difficult? It’s a disadvantage that you can turn off. There would be no reason to turn it on.

The only place it would be semi-useful would be in custom games, and as such should be a toggle in the custom games options. You would not be able to switch back and forth in the middle of a game.

1st person would be a cool toggle-able feature. I miss cruisin’ through the passenger seat in blood gulch.

I think implementing such a feature and making it toggle-able for no particular reason wouldn’t make much sense, in my opinion.

For driving, tpv is clearly prefered in video games since in fpv you don’t have a proper feeling of the vehicle’s dimensions.

Besides, when you look at BF, the feature is toggle-able because you can only aim precisely in fpv but for driving you can use tpv.

I think fpv would only fit for the passenger or gunner seats but then it should be set.
Fpv for the driver wouldn’t work well in Halo since you have to pay a lot of attention to your surroundings.

> Optional would be interesting, but this should never be forced.

> I do drive IRL, but uhhh, in case you hadn’t noticed, it’s a little different than driving in a video game. First of all, it’s 3 dimensional, plus you don’t use a controller to drive IRL. Plus, YOU’RE NOT GETTING SHOT AT.

hahaha I see your point mate.

I would love to have the feature to be in the next halo, but as a option of course.