Opt out of crossplay option

No I’m saying you should evolve, possibly accept that cheating is a minority as opposed to a majority on any platform, and accept that changing a fundamental function of the game to please what will be a shrinking segment of the previous gen console is, to be blunt, stupid.

Dont know if im missing something… but ranked you can turn off crossplay and put the input method that prefer… Ladders are separate also… Hope this help

1 Like

Not available in social games :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Wow you’re on the advantaged platform and never hear advantaged players complain? Gee shocking. Cross play is a stupid feature and should be toggleable. This is coming from a skilled 15+ year player with thousands and thousands of games under my belt.

3 Likes

You sound so ignorant its staggering. It’s shocking they built a historically console game for console? Not everyone plays on PC buddy, and there is a significant difference between input devices. Saying there isn’t just because you are tired of hearing the reasoning doesn’t even qualify as an argument. Not sure why you’re even in this thread if this is so abrasive to your eyes

5 Likes

It is already in the game, when you go into ranked you can pick which input to play against if you are queuing in solo or duos, so it is in the game just not allowing for 4 player teams. I like cross-play but ranked should have options for input-based or platform-based.

1 Like

Completely agree. Im having too little fun being owned by people with a tech advantage

3 Likes

In 2021 the default match matching for any FPS has to be input-based!! I don’t see why this even is a topic and not part of the engineering criteria.

Best example: Apex Legends

Furthermore, in 2021 it should be the standard to allow console players to disable cross-play with PC players, and vice-versa. The reasons are obvious, cheating and hacking one of them. And especially F2P offers the risk to be attractive to cheaters and hackers…

Worst example: CoD Warzone - Xbox players are screwed!! No way to disable cross-play and no input-based match making.

We are at the end of 2021. We talk about Responsible AI, inclusion and diversity, but still have to request and ask for a fair gaming environment and experience, so really just the basic stuff??

5 Likes

Your entire reply and argument was just then made irrelevent. It’s clear you came here searching for an argument

3 Likes

Don’t be silly! PC gamers using mouse and keyboard have an advantage so there should definitely be an option to opt out of crossplay or to select which imput device you want to play with and against. In all modes not just ranked 2 v 2.

2 Likes

Please 343i give console players the option of input based match making. Not just for 2 v 2 ranked but for ever mode especially social playlists.

2 Likes

Seriously? Halo was literally designed to play on Xbox. But cuz of all this crossplay bs, we are at a disadvantage. So much so we can’t even TURN as fast. It takes forever to turn around, but I’ve seen people on PC do a 180 instantly. It takes the fun away from people just trying to play casually, especially when they don’t stand a chance against PC sweats. Easier recoil control, along with the fact they can even fire weapons faster? Xbox players are at so many disadvantages.

1 Like

For me they just need to let us enable input modes outside of Solo/Duo ranked. I have no idea why that’s the only place where you can pick to play vs controller only

1 Like

not sure how anyone can argue MKB has an advantage over controller when literally every team competing in the HCS Qualifier in the last couple days were all using controllers towards the finals.