Opinions vs. Facts: Halo: Reach

Opinion - a personal belief or judgment that is not founded on proof or certainty.
Fact - something that actually exists; reality; truth.

Okay, since that’s out of the way, let me start by saying Reach can be much better than it is now.

*My thoughts on making the game better (OPINIONS):

-No bleed-through, but 75% melee damage rather than the 100% melee damage that causes everyone to die from double pummels.
-Dedicated maps for each playlist.
-Reduce the number of playlist we have now. The population is too spread out. For example, we can “demote” Living Dead from being a playlist and throw the available game types into Free For All. That way, it’s not completely removed from the game, but moved elsewhere and keep it how it originally was when the game first came out.
-Permanent ranks rather than seasonal, maybe? I’m still thinking this one out.
-Place AA’s on map, rather than starting off with them?
-Have DLC content come up more often. We don’t need to see Sword Base or Hemorrhage every voting round.

*Current Halo: Reach (FACTS):

-There are players that will find this game good or bad.
-The forums are here to critique the game and come up with ways to improve it.
-There are nuisances in this game, aside from the glitches that for example make vehicles into firework displays, that can be dealt with, but they could also be tweaked. I don’t care who you are, this will always be one of the most rage inducing factors in the game.
-There are challenges in this game, otherwise it wouldn’t be a game.
-There are indeed luck factors that take place when they shouldn’t.

Feel free to add to the list and/or discuss this. :slight_smile:

I really want to add something constructive to this thread.

But I know if I do, several high-profile forum members will strike me down because they disagree with my opinion.

The population being stretched too far is an opinion not a fact.

Looks up at OP

Huh, thought I edited that out, my bad.

@Tsiao- What can they do? It’s an opinion.

Well now, Let’s see.

Opinion
-Tweak the stability of the warthog to take care of it’s balance issues
*Too unstable for my tastes in Reach
-Scorpion tanks could be given extra health on their damage tables to allow Scorpion/Wriath slugging matches in Invasion. With appropriate damage increases on power weapons to support this.
*nevermind invasion only has the two at once on one map, speaking more hypothetically of some form of invasion heavy

-reinstate 100% Bloom
-if 85% bloom remains, tweak the fire rate on the DMR to limit it’s long range potential. More time between shots could limit it’s extreme range effectiveness and rereign the DMR.
-Similar to the above for the needle rifle

-Tether the Banshee’s tricks into it’s boost charge
*I can not deny Banshee’s rolling across the map gets on my nerves(unless they hit something solid in the process)

-Give the rocket hog the capacity to ‘guide’ its rocket with lock on on Scorpions/Wraiths. Lock On that breaks when the Gunner looks away, so they can’t fire and forget; they have to guide the missiles in by keeping the lock until impact or just before impact.
*I would see this as a good way to make it more usefull for BTB heavies. Thinking of it now, this could be apply to the Spunkr to bring back the Halo 2 lock on in a way, but you have to remain in harms way to make the shot successfully. You could fire and forget, or lock and guide it in.

Opinion:
1: Go back to the Halo 3 system, have ranked TS and BTB and social TS and BTB.

2: Make all ranked play list TU settings with bleed-through, increase movement speed and jumping, and decrease melee damage to make it 3 melee’s for a kill. Decrease DMR range so it isn’t a mini sniper. Remove all AA’s except for as pick-up’s, and then only make it jet pack and camo. Add the 1-50 ranking.

3: Make TS ranked a solo play list. This will stop 4 randoms facing a full team, it will also stop things constantly seen in arena such as, 3 good players with 1 bad player to lower the skill level, or the 2’s trick.

4: Make BTB ranked a team of 4 play list which will once again do it’s best to stop 8 randoms facing a full team even though I feel this will still be exploited.

5: Combine grift ball and living dead along with elite slayer and make multi team a weekend play list.

6: Keep Invasion separate, and add more maps from the community.

7: Keep all social play list original Reach settings with AA’s.

> -Give the rocket hog the capacity to ‘guide’ its rocket with lock on on Scorpions/Wraiths. Lock On that breaks when the Gunner looks away, so they can’t fire and forget; they have to guide the missiles in by keeping the lock until impact or just before impact.

agreed, to me the rocket hog is uselesss and that would be a nice change with out making it overpowered

some of these so called “Facts” are really opinions!

Well, by all means point them out. :stuck_out_tongue:

> Opinion:
> 1: Go back to the Halo 3 system, have ranked TS and BTB and social TS and BTB.
>
> 2: Make all ranked play list TU settings with bleed-through, increase movement speed and jumping, and decrease melee damage to make it 3 melee’s for a kill. Decrease DMR range so it isn’t a mini sniper. Remove all AA’s except for as pick-up’s, and then only make it jet pack and camo. Add the 1-50 ranking.

So, you want them to take a step back to the game that made the monsters on the forums?
The 1-50 made appalling monsters. “If your not 50 you suck commencing stat flaming” That’s what killed halo 3 for me, and made me love reach, they did away with the silly 1-50, Who cares if your a 50? its just a number it doesn’t mean skill.

If we had to go back to 1-50, I’d choose H2 over H3’s rank system any day. I still think we should probably drop the seasons and just have permanent ranks instead, especially since H4 is coming out and the matter of the majority possibly moving to that game.