Opinions on the EGM review?

http://www.egmnow.com/articles/reviews/egm-review-halo-4/

Personally I think he makes some stupid points, like suggesting iron sights, what do you guys think?

I don’t even know why I look at reviews for Halo games, if its not perfect then its gonna make me mad. I really have no reason to look at them either, i’ll buy it anyway.

He is obviously a fan boy of COD.

Seeing how this is also the same guy who gave Cod a 9.0, i wouldn’t take him very seriously.

I think the comments say everything that needs to be said.

I don’t agree with most of what he’s saying. I think he’s more of a COD gamer.

[deleted]

He suggests iron sights, claims the environments are unnecessarily large and called the Chief “Empty and uninspired”.

This guy doesn’t have a clue what he’s talking about.

I don’t agree with some of the things he says, but that’s his opinion.
But I don’t think it warrants a thread here to talk about it, especially to mock or berate him. Keep it to that site. That’s why there is a comment section there.

> I think the comments say everything that needs to be said.

^ This

I don’t take reviews seriously unless I have actually played the game. It’s just one person’s opinion.

Damn. Op beat me to it. I was going to make a thread about this last night but I was too tired.

BRANDON JUSTICE IS THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM.

I will always remember what my mom once said… “70 PERCENT? THAT IS ALMOST A D!” I really don’t think Halo 4 is one point away from a D. This guy is an idiot.

What really made me laugh (actually made me want to kill someone) was when he said…

“I think Halo would benefit from some core design changes that they’re undoubtedly worried will piss off people who buy it game-in and game-out. <mark>Things like iron sights, more scripted moments that impact gameplay and the environment.</mark>” - Brandon Justice

IRON SIGHTS!!! I am at a lost of words to describe how dumb this guy is. As for EGM, fire the guy IMMEDIATELY and take down the review. EGM is just as stupid for letting this guy review this game.

Remember EGM gave MW3 a <mark>9</mark> and halo was marked down for… THE BAD: That representation is the <mark>same old formula we’ve played for years</mark>. HOLY -YOINK!-

> I don’t agree with some of the things he says, but that’s his opinion.
> But I don’t think it warrants a thread here to talk about it, especially to mock or berate him. Keep it to that site. That’s why there is a comment section there.

I’m disliking the company over the person, he obviously doesn’t like Halo loads, so why don’t they get someone else to review it?

the day halo has aim down sights is the day they lose me. I will stand firm on this issue. That is a feature that should NEVER be in a Halo game.

Some of his complaints are valid like wanting more types of mission objectives, but overall a lot of his comments are super off base.

> Seeing how this is also the same guy who gave Cod a 9.0, i wouldn’t take him very seriously.

To be fair, he actually didn’t give CoD a 9.0, some other editor on EGM did.

That said, I do think he makes some bad points and overall isn’t being very fair to the game. If hes going to give it a 7.0 I wish he’d base that on more than just “Halo hasn’t changed, needs iron sights, etc.” I think its obvious to anyone Halo 4 has changed from past Halos (just look at all the complaint threads on this forum), and that 500 years in the future iron sights have become obsolete so they wouldn’t make sense. I don’t think he knows much about the franchise.

This guy…sounds like he wants the chief to stop fighting aliens? And do what? Start a universal gokart league to bring peace to the universe?
Reviews for shooters should be written by People who want to shoot enemies, worst review I’ve read in a while for any game

His criticisms make less sense when you consider the fact that he gave Modern Warfare 3, one of the most uninspired and repetitive games in the entire CoD franchise, a grand and coveted 9/10. -Yoink-.

Totally relevant.

Thanks for migrating guys!