Opinions on the art style of the new armours,

I for one am no impressed so far, everything looks impractical, like generic fantasy armour.

I hope for better looking armour to be in the game than what we have seen.

New Halo 4 helmets!
J/K

I’m waiting until I see it in-game before I pass judgement. :slight_smile:

Awful.

I don’t like it. They all look really…weird and stupid to me.

I like it. A great thing about Halo’s art is that it reminds me of Flash Gordon. Of course, this would be a distant future even for Flash, but Halo has (mostly) maintained a great balance between realism and cartoon-like design. Things got a little too serious with Halo: Reach, and the in-game material never seemed to meet the concept art, but Halo 4 looks to be back on track. I think 343 has an ocean of things to show us, and these are the first sights of a brave new world. It’s bound to look strange at first.

> I for one am no impressed so far, everything looks impractical, like generic fantasy armour.
>
> I hope for better looking armour to be in the game than what we have seen.

You said it!
“Impractical Fantasy Armor”
How the heck am I expected to work with that for Halo-Ween?!

I’m not sure. I mean, the colors they chose to show off each design looked god-awful. I think, with the proper colors, they could look pretty cool.

Maybe. I’m getting REALLY iffy at this point.

> I’m waiting until I see it in-game before I pass judgement. :slight_smile:

They have just given you pictures of what it will look like. The skin isn’t going to change. It’s going to look exactly the same as it does now. If they were planning on changing them, then they wouldn’t be showing it off.

It is like the first level of the game. They show it off because it is the most polished and is basically ready to go.

They looked pretty cool IMO.

And for all the people hating on them calm down. I’m sure there will be plenty of armour in the default game.

If you want to play as a Power Ranger, you would love this armor designs, as a Halo fan playing as Spartan? This is just plain awful.

Halo: Reach had amazing looking Spartans, they looked lethal, these Spartan do no look like deadly super soldiers to me.

About the colours, Eb Games = red and white colours. Best buy = Yellow and blue. So Amazon and Play probably have their respective colours…
Also, these are concept-art-like images.

I like the new look then again I’ve never been the type to complain about things that don’t affect gameplay.