Opinions About Halo 4

I wanted to share a few opinions about Halo 4 feel free to share some of yours too!

  • The campaign wasn’t memorable. - The DMR is better than the BR. - The sticky detonator was a bad idea. - Spartan OPS was a good idea. - Swat, grifball, and CTF were the only playlists worth playing. - Halo 5 has a better multiplayer. - Forge barely improved from Reach. - You reach max rank too fast. (look at my service record, I haven’t reached mass rank, but I’m close and only played from June 2016 - December 2016) - The game overall was a downgrade from Reach. - Loud outs… I’m gonna stop here.

for me:

  1. the campaign was memorable
  2. BR was slightly better than DMR
  3. sticky detonator is just… no
  4. Spartan Ops was alright
  5. SWAT and CTF was fun while grifball was pretty fun
  6. IDK about halo 5 never played it before
  7. forge was fun
  8. it took me long because i wasn’t doing daily challenges instead i get kills from matches
  9. it was almost better than reach but reach was fun aswell
  10. load out was useful because i also play COD

Gotta be honest, I quit playing halo because of 4…I was so mad that they switched up the story and overall feel from all the previous halo games. Now I did download the MCC and I played them all over and in order, while I still feel like they went in even more of a “sci-fi/ mass effect feel” I did enjoy this play through. Maybe it was the years I grew and let myself build up the anticipation, idk but all in all i do think it was a good point to build more story off of. (Also kinda sad there was no big boss fight)

> 2535437122059476;3:
> Gotta be honest, I quit playing halo because of 4…I was so mad that they switched up the story and overall feel from all the previous halo games. Now I did download the MCC and I played them all over and in order, while I still feel like they went in even more of a “sci-fi/ mass effect feel” I did enjoy this play through. Maybe it was the years I grew and let myself build up the anticipation, idk but all in all i do think it was a good point to build more story off of. (Also kinda sad there was no big boss fight)

the ending battle is just… nah

> 2535428725156497;4:
> > 2535437122059476;3:
> > Gotta be honest, I quit playing halo because of 4…I was so mad that they switched up the story and overall feel from all the previous halo games. Now I did download the MCC and I played them all over and in order, while I still feel like they went in even more of a “sci-fi/ mass effect feel” I did enjoy this play through. Maybe it was the years I grew and let myself build up the anticipation, idk but all in all i do think it was a good point to build more story off of. (Also kinda sad there was no big boss fight)
>
> the ending battle is just… nah

i wish we could do more like fighting the warden in Halo 5

I’ll be real here, I love Halo 4 multiplayer over any other game, idk why i just feel smoother and a lot faster in Halo 4 compared to other games.

I enjoyed the story of Halo 4, however, I feel Halo 1-3 were better by a decent margin. Halo 4 definitely had a better campaign than Halo 5.

I really liked the MM in Halo 4 as well, especially big team battle (still easily my favorite BTB in the Halo series).

H4 got a ton of hate, but I thought it was very good.

I thought the campaing was good, not as fantastic as the pervious titles, but still good. And i loved the multiplayer, eapecialy btb. Halo 4 had some of the best btb game play, and maps i have ever seen in halo. That said I wish the progression system , and commendations were better. For instance, harder to level up, and commendations that take longer. I also liked the armor they added, such the ranger and Rogue armor. Other things i liked was the introduction of the mantis and rail gun.

There are many things that didnt live up to the hype, or just fell flat with the comunity, such as spartan opps and he loadout system, or the inclusion of sprint. I have heard many call halo 4, a call of duty with a halo skin. However to me personally it still felt like halo, rather than cod. I have palyed lots of cod, and halo, as well as a slew of other shooters. And i cant say its not cod, even though it may be faster, or borrow aspects of cod games, it to me felt like halo still. Sometimes it leaned towards mass effect though, but it kept enough halo to be halo.

I have said it tons and tons of times, and i will say it again. I give halo 4 a pass in various areas of the game becuase it was the first attempt from 343. 343 is a diferent company, and as such they have their own ambitions and art style, and like mentioned before they are new to making halo games all by themselves.

I am currently playing though halo 4 for the first time. Overall I am enjoying the style of the areas and the gun play. I just feel like the missions are incredibly similar. Its unfortunate as the locations look fantastic.

> 2533275001522797;1:
> I wanted to share a few opinions about Halo 4 feel free to share some of yours too!
>
>
> - The campaign wasn’t memorable. - The DMR is better than the BR. - The sticky detonator was a bad idea. - Spartan OPS was a good idea. - Swat, grifball, and CTF were the only playlists worth playing. - Halo 5 has a better multiplayer. - Forge barely improved from Reach. - You reach max rank too fast. (look at my service record, I haven’t reached mass rank, but I’m close and only played from June 2016 - December 2016) - The game overall was a downgrade from Reach. - Loud outs… I’m gonna stop here.

  • To me, Halo 4 has a pretty good story, especially knowing the darker concepts and connection between characters and so; - Got more used to BR, but I use DMR for longer-ranged maps; - Despite being quite bad with it, it’s not that bad of a weapon. Just takes some skill to use; - Executed a bit… poorly. All you do is basically shoot bad guys with no real objective than to scout of clear an area. Only the latest episodes have more meaning; - I stopped playing Halo 4 when I reached 130 over an year ago and I don’t remember what I used to play. But after a match on MCC, it’s good to know that I managed to retain my skill. Unrelated, but I seriously have no idea of what I used to play; - I have to agree; - Some say it was downgraded actually. But not being a forger, I can’t really speak; - Took me quite some years to reach 130 but mostly due to inactivity. However, you reach it fairly fast in a marathon; - Which is why I went to Reach most of the time. Now, not really; - 3 of my loadouts are basically how you can start in Halo 3 and Reach. The 4th one is from an old video of Wangtime (Now Ultimate Halo | Very old video), which proved to be very useful in many situations. Don’t know what to do with the last loadout tho. In general however, they have no place in Halo. It was bad enough in Reach (except Customs and Firefight) but PERSONAL loadouts makes me feel it’s not Halo.

It’s my favourite Halo, and yes I’ve played all the others before anyone asks.

> 2535437122059476;3:
> Gotta be honest, I quit playing halo because of 4…I was so mad that they switched up the story and overall feel from all the previous halo games. Now I did download the MCC and I played them all over and in order, while I still feel like they went in even more of a “sci-fi/ mass effect feel” I did enjoy this play through. Maybe it was the years I grew and let myself build up the anticipation, idk but all in all i do think it was a good point to build more story off of. (Also kinda sad there was no big boss fight)

I think Halo 4 has the best story out of all the games but alright…

> 2535445800682170;12:
> > 2535437122059476;3:
> > Gotta be honest, I quit playing halo because of 4…I was so mad that they switched up the story and overall feel from all the previous halo games. Now I did download the MCC and I played them all over and in order, while I still feel like they went in even more of a “sci-fi/ mass effect feel” I did enjoy this play through. Maybe it was the years I grew and let myself build up the anticipation, idk but all in all i do think it was a good point to build more story off of. (Also kinda sad there was no big boss fight)
>
> I think Halo 4 has the best story out of all the games but alright…

Like I said now that I grew a little I agree lol, it was just at the time 4 came out I thought it was “ to much” in a different direction but now ya it was a very good story. The only problem I had was fighting the “broken” covenant and the promethans I mean would the covenant really bow down to this new element right away? Who knows and it doesn’t matter but all in all ya good story.

> 2535437122059476;13:
> > 2535445800682170;12:
> > > 2535437122059476;3:
> > >
> >
> > I think Halo 4 has the best story out of all the games but alright…
>
> Like I said now that I grew a little I agree lol, it was just at the time 4 came out I thought it was “ to much” in a different direction but now ya it was a very good story. The only problem I had was fighting the “broken” covenant and the promethans I mean would the covenant really bow down to this new element right away? Who knows and it doesn’t matter but all in all ya good story.

Most Sangheili (including Jul’s) still viewed the Forerunners as Gods. It would be disrespectful to their beliefs if they kept fighting.

Overall, I loved Halo 4 and still play it.

  1. Best story but the gameplay of the campaign was a little linear.
  2. BR is better than DMR but it depends on the range.
  3. I didn’t care for the Sticky Detonator
  4. Spartan Ops was a good idea but felt repetitive
  5. BTB was the best. I loved multiplayer in this game more than any other title.
  6. Halo 5 multiplayer gets stale and features too many abilities such as thrusters and Spartan Charge
  7. Forge was decent and intuitive(unlike H5G)
  8. Ranks were perfect. Reach took WAY to long to reach Inheriter.
  9. Halo 4 was like Reach but improved and expanded in most ways.
  10. Loadouts were a good idea and should not have been removed in H5G completely. I get removing loadouts in most modes but BTB should’ve kept loadouts.

> 2533275001522797;1:
> I wanted to share a few opinions about Halo 4 feel free to share some of yours too!
>
>
> - The campaign wasn’t memorable. - The DMR is better than the BR. - The sticky detonator was a bad idea. - Spartan OPS was a good idea. - Swat, grifball, and CTF were the only playlists worth playing. - Halo 5 has a better multiplayer. - Forge barely improved from Reach. - You reach max rank too fast. (look at my service record, I haven’t reached mass rank, but I’m close and only played from June 2016 - December 2016) - The game overall was a downgrade from Reach. - Loud outs… I’m gonna stop here.

I can think of a few, but I will be unable to reach ten as we are limited to opinions and not facts.

. The campaign is the best thing 343i has done (themselves)
. The Master Chief’s story should have ended here
. Using Halo: Reach’s gameplay as a base was a mistake
. The canvas maps were actually alright

> 2533275001522797;1:
> I wanted to share a few opinions about Halo 4 feel free to share some of yours too!
>
>
> - The campaign wasn’t memorable. - The DMR is better than the BR. - The sticky detonator was a bad idea. - Spartan OPS was a good idea. - Swat, grifball, and CTF were the only playlists worth playing. - Halo 5 has a better multiplayer. - Forge barely improved from Reach. - You reach max rank too fast. (look at my service record, I haven’t reached mass rank, but I’m close and only played from June 2016 - December 2016) - The game overall was a downgrade from Reach. - Loud outs… I’m gonna stop here.

I would like to respond to your points with my own points, and this will be in no way me telling you to change your opinion.

  1. I thought it was good but not as good as the games before it. There are many reasons for that, but I don’t want to make this post too big.
  2. I agree.
  3. I though it was a unique and interesting weapon, and was actually disappointed it wasn’t in Halo 5. But at least the Grenade Launcher from Reach returned in 5.
  4. I too thought Spartan Ops was cool. It was like another campaign, except more arcade-like. I never played that for the story though, as I didn’t think the story was very interesting.
  5. Those are really fun game modes. I always enjoyed CTF and Slayer.
  6. I like the multiplayer in Halo 5 a lot, though I only wish I could play split-screen. That would make it a lot more fun for me.
  7. Yeah, I can see your point. I thought it was fine because I liked the Forge, but not much was new to Forge other than the Magnets and Dominion options.
  8. I agree. I thought Halo 4 was very similar to Reach, but I think 4 had slightly less content. It had less armor customization, less multiplayer game modes, and no Firefight.
  9. I don’t know about you, but I didn’t hate the loud outs. I don’t think they needed to be in Halo, but I didn’t hate them. I am glad they aren’t in Halo 5, as I think Halo is better off without them.

We all have different experiences playing games, and I respect your points, so please respect mine.

> 2533274974350131;17:
> > 2533275001522797;1:
> > I wanted to share a few opinions about Halo 4 feel free to share some of yours too!
> >
> >
> > - The campaign wasn’t memorable. - The DMR is better than the BR. - The sticky detonator was a bad idea. - Spartan OPS was a good idea. - Swat, grifball, and CTF were the only playlists worth playing. - Halo 5 has a better multiplayer. - Forge barely improved from Reach. - You reach max rank too fast. (look at my service record, I haven’t reached mass rank, but I’m close and only played from June 2016 - December 2016) - The game overall was a downgrade from Reach. - Loud outs… I’m gonna stop here.
>
> I would like to respond to your points with my own points, and this will be in no way me telling you to change your opinion.
>
> 1. I thought it was good but not as good as the games before it. There are many reasons for that, but I don’t want to make this post too big.
> 2. I agree.
> 3. I though it was a unique and interesting weapon, and was actually disappointed it wasn’t in Halo 5. But at least the Grenade Launcher from Reach returned in 5.
> 4. I too thought Spartan Ops was cool. It was like another campaign, except more arcade-like. I never played that for the story though, as I didn’t think the story was very interesting.
> 5. Those are really fun game modes. I always enjoyed CTF and Slayer.
> 6. I like the multiplayer in Halo 5 a lot, though I only wish I could play split-screen. That would make it a lot more fun for me.
> 7. Yeah, I can see your point. I thought it was fine because I liked the Forge, but not much was new to Forge other than the Magnets and Dominion options.
> 8. I agree. I thought Halo 4 was very similar to Reach, but I think 4 had slightly less content. It had less armor customization, less multiplayer game modes, and no Firefight.
> 10. I don’t know about you, but I didn’t hate the loud outs. I don’t think they needed to be in Halo, but I didn’t hate them. I am glad they aren’t in Halo 5, as I think Halo is better off without them.
>
> We all have different experiences playing games, and I respect your points, so please respect mine.

Of course.