Opinion on Halo 4 so far.

What are you expecting form Halo 4?
I myself, am not overly excited for this game because its straying from it’s roots to much. I prefer Halo 3’s gameplay over Reach’s, but I will say that Reach offered a few new features that were worth it. Halo 4, on the other hand, is filling shoes I’d rather left unfilled. I haven’t kept up with all of the info, but I was a Bungie fan, and that probably set me aside from Halo 4 a little.
Your thoughts?

What do you know about Halo4 exactly? What are the new features Reachoffered that were worthy? Please explain.

> What do you know about Halo4 exactly? What are the new features Reachoffered that were worthy? Please explain.

I thought Invasion was good, some of the maps were ok.

For me invasion was ok but the new maps are horrible. I do not hate Reach it is a good game but Multiplayer suffers…

> For me invasion was ok but the new maps are horrible. I do not hate Reach it is a good game but Multiplayer suffers…

I didn’t hate Reach either, the new maps are ok. The anniversary maps were fine. Headlong was my favorite map in Halo 2, so I loved every second of it. I just lost interest in the multiplayer in the beginning of the year, I tried going back to it yesterday but I wasn’t feeling a reunion happening.

I think it’s going to suck as it’s not going to play anything like the original trilogy, not to mention the MP sounds like it’s rife with unbalance and gimmicks. Perks? Weapon unlocks? Custom loadouts and default sprinting? Doesn’t sound like Halo to me.

Unless the MC dies or everyone else dies that would be able to contact Earth that he is still alive than all the Believe commercials are crap.

It was all so dramatic how none of the old dudes from the war ever saw him again but then we find out he surfaces in Halo 4 only a few short years later and comes in contact with humans.

I just find it difficult to think that in the next 3 installments the MC will have no contact with anyone or any people from Earth or that would notify the UNSC that he was alive after he saved planet Earth.

If that is the case then I think it is dumb and if somehow he does it makes all the run up to Halo 3 crap about how he saved us all but we never saw him again wahahahahahah.

Of course I could be totally wrong and somehow that is explained.

> I think it’s going to suck as it’s not going to play anything like the original trilogy, not to mention the MP sounds like it’s rife with unbalance and gimmicks. Perks? Weapon unlocks? Custom loadouts and default sprinting? Doesn’t sound like Halo to me.

Thats how I’ve felt. There was an argument on Bungie’s forums a while back about whether having preloaded weapons with no others on the map was good, and I completely disagree with that concept except in customs. The campaign ended for me in Halo 3, and Halo ended when Bungie handed over the keys to microsoft and 343

> Unless the MC dies or everyone else dies that would be able to contact Earth that he is still alive than all the Believe commercials are crap.
>
> It was all so dramatic how none of the old dudes from the war ever saw him again but then we find out he surfaces in Halo 4 only a few short years later and comes in contact with humans.
>
> I just find it difficult to think that in the next 3 installments the MC will have no contact with anyone or any people from Earth or that would notify the UNSC that he was alive after he saved planet Earth.
>
> If that is the case then I think it is dumb and if somehow he does it makes all the run up to Halo 3 crap about how he saved us all but we never saw him again wahahahahahah.
>
> Of course I could be totally wrong and somehow that is explained.

Deus en machina

> > Unless the MC dies or everyone else dies that would be able to contact Earth that he is still alive than all the Believe commercials are crap.
> >
> > It was all so dramatic how none of the old dudes from the war ever saw him again but then we find out he surfaces in Halo 4 only a few short years later and comes in contact with humans.
> >
> > I just find it difficult to think that in the next 3 installments the MC will have no contact with anyone or any people from Earth or that would notify the UNSC that he was alive after he saved planet Earth.
> >
> > If that is the case then I think it is dumb and if somehow he does it makes all the run up to Halo 3 crap about how he saved us all but we never saw him again wahahahahahah.
> >
> > Of course I could be totally wrong and somehow that is explained.
>
> Deus en machina

HAHAHAHAHHA LOL true no doubt that will be the case.

I think it is going to be sweet. First of all with the perks and loadouts, there are going to still be weapons on the map. Plus power weapons are going to have random spawns which is sweet so no team can just camp by the power weapons the whole game.
Secondly, it was my understanding that the Believe commercials were not cannon. They were just advertising. Just like at no point in the game did the Chief get his helmet knocked off, put it back on and jump into a pack of brutes with nothing but an assault rifle. Just advertising.
Finally, not only is the campaign going to be sweet, but the replacement for firefight sounds awesome. It will def give this game more longevity than Reach. I could play Halo 3 forever, but Reach gets old after a few hours every couple days. This will def be way sweeter than Reach. Although Reach was really good.

> I think it’s going to suck as it’s not going to play anything like the original trilogy, not to mention the MP sounds like it’s rife with unbalance and gimmicks. Perks? Weapon unlocks? Custom loadouts and default sprinting? Doesn’t sound like Halo to me.

Halo is a video game with aliens and master chief, excluding odst and reach. The way I see it, it still looks like halo to me, I mean come on the chief has awaken O.O

> I think it is going to be sweet. First of all with the perks and loadouts, there are going to still be weapons on the map. Plus power weapons are going to have random spawns which is sweet so no team can just camp by the power weapons the whole game.
> Secondly, it was my understanding that the Believe commercials were not cannon. They were just advertising. Just like at no point in the game did the Chief get his helmet knocked off, put it back on and jump into a pack of brutes with nothing but an assault rifle. Just advertising.
> Finally, not only is the campaign going to be sweet, but the replacement for firefight sounds awesome. It will def give this game more longevity than Reach. I could play Halo 3 forever, but Reach gets old after a few hours every couple days. This will def be way sweeter than Reach. Although Reach was really good.

Weapons on the map? Don’t think so, unless you have a source. Louis Wu’s write up gives the impression that there are no weapons on the map, and I can’t see why they would have any given that it’s been said there will be default loadouts (think those ones you can use in CoD before you unlock custom classes) and power weapons have to be called down.

> > I think it’s going to suck as it’s not going to play anything like the original trilogy, not to mention the MP sounds like it’s rife with unbalance and gimmicks. Perks? Weapon unlocks? Custom loadouts and default sprinting? Doesn’t sound like Halo to me.
>
> Halo is a video game with aliens and master chief, excluding odst and reach. The way I see it, it still looks like halo to me, I mean come on the chief has awaken O.O

You could make a Halo game with aliens and the Chief but have the only option as having to watch Chief repeatedly -Yoink!- grunts, that doesn’t mean it’ll be any good as an FPS.

LOVE it! The Halo nerd inside me is screaming everytime they announce something new :slight_smile:

The game looks amazing so far, I hope it keeps getting better.

Don’t get me wrong, I think it should be good, but not Halo good if you know what I’m trying to say. I won’t rule out Halo 4 as a game, because if it is good, then I will buy it, but Halo is dead as a series. This would be a great game if it was called something else. Or else it better have a damn good storyline to fix everything they’ve changed.

We don’t know how it would be balanced. Why wouldn’t they balance it?

Anyway, I’m really looking forward to Halo 4.

Halo 4 so far is fantabolus! :smiley:

If the Chief just sat around and Tbagged grunts it would be the greatest game ever created.

> > I think it is going to be sweet. First of all with the perks and loadouts, there are going to still be weapons on the map. Plus power weapons are going to have random spawns which is sweet so no team can just camp by the power weapons the whole game.
> > Secondly, it was my understanding that the Believe commercials were not cannon. They were just advertising. Just like at no point in the game did the Chief get his helmet knocked off, put it back on and jump into a pack of brutes with nothing but an assault rifle. Just advertising.
> > Finally, not only is the campaign going to be sweet, but the replacement for firefight sounds awesome. It will def give this game more longevity than Reach. I could play Halo 3 forever, but Reach gets old after a few hours every couple days. This will def be way sweeter than Reach. Although Reach was really good.
>
> Weapons on the map? Don’t think so, unless you have a source. Louis Wu’s write up gives the impression that there are no weapons on the map, and I can’t see why they would have any given that it’s been said there will be default loadouts (think those ones you can use in CoD before you unlock custom classes) and power weapons have to be called down.
>
>
>
> > > I think it’s going to suck as it’s not going to play anything like the original trilogy, not to mention the MP sounds like it’s rife with unbalance and gimmicks. Perks? Weapon unlocks? Custom loadouts and default sprinting? Doesn’t sound like Halo to me.
> >
> > Halo is a video game with aliens and master chief, excluding odst and reach. The way I see it, it still looks like halo to me, I mean come on the chief has awaken O.O
>
> You could make a Halo game with aliens and the Chief but have the only option as having to watch Chief repeatedly -Yoink!- grunts, that doesn’t mean it’ll be any good as an FPS.

It’d still be halo though…