Opinion: It takes too long to attain max rank

Not sure how this post is going to go, but its 4am and I felt like ranting. Theres nothing to do and the coronavirus quarantine is in full effect. Luckily Halo instituted double exp across the board so a lot of people are now trying to grind to 152 in preparation for Halo Infinite.

With that being said, it takes WAY TOO LONG in my opinion to get to 152. I’ve heard from countless people and research that on average it could take as long as 5 months to go from 151 to 152. And that could even be considered an underestimation.

I mean, I guess if you’ve been playing from Halo 5’s release date it’s reasonable, and no one really wants to max out their rank in a month or less. But 5+ months for one rank seems crazy to me.

I’ve always liked how CoD did it, where you reach max rank, then prestige and start over. Unlocking new rewards every prestige. I wonder if Halo Infinite will institute something similar, or continue with this obscene amount of time it takes to rank up.

5 months is roughly how long it takes to go from 151 to 152 if you gain 100,000xp every day.

That said, it should take less time now. I hit 152 in the spring of 2018, before there was basically constant double xp and 343 was handing out legendary xp boosts like candy. They’ve made it much easier to reach max rank over the past year or so in preparation for Infinite.

Also, keep in mind that you don’t get anything special for max rank. It’s there for people like me to have something to grind to without taking anything away from those who don’t want, or don’t have the time, to grind. You don’t really gain anything by reaching 152 and you don’t lose anything by not reaching it. If it was easier to reach that level, the player base would have dropped off much earlier.

In the overall picture, it doesn’t seem so bad if 343 were intentionally planning on a 5 year game cycle and thought people would play everyday. Now if you want insane, it was calculated that MCC requires over a billion XP to reach max rank.

> 2533274843634673;2:
> 5 months is roughly how long it takes to go from 151 to 152 if you gain 100,000xp every day.
>
> That said, it should take less time now. I hit 152 in the spring of 2018, before there was basically constant double xp and 343 was handing out legendary xp boosts like candy. They’ve made it much easier to reach max rank over the past year or so in preparation for Infinite.
>
> Also, keep in mind that you don’t get anything special for max rank. It’s there for people like me to have something to grind to without taking anything away from those who don’t want, or don’t have the time, to grind. You don’t really gain anything by reaching 152 and you don’t lose anything by not reaching it. If it was easier to reach that level, the player base would have dropped off much earlier.

Yes! Also to everyone reading, 100k a day is not so bad! With the double XP, and legendary Arena boosts, I’m getting 10k a win, and around 5k a loss! So I can easily get 300k a day with 30ish games.

> 2727626560040591;3:
> In the overall picture, it doesn’t seem so bad if 343 were intentionally planning on a 5 year game cycle and thought people would play everyday. Now if you want insane, it was calculated that MCC requires over a billion XP to reach max rank.

Unless the ranks really scale up in xp required, I don’t see this being the case. I’m almost done Tour 4 and nowhere near that. Every Tour resets the amount of xp required and is slightly more than the previous tour. Even with that accounted for, 1 billion is way too far. I could see it being like 100,000 based on what I’ve gone through so far, maybe 200,000.

Look at Halo 4. I played that game for about 8 months(I’m being generous because I believe it was more like 6) and almost attained max rank before quitting.

> 2533274843634673;2:
> 5 months is roughly how long it takes to go from 151 to 152 if you gain 100,000xp every day.
>
> That said, it should take less time now. I hit 152 in the spring of 2018, before there was basically constant double xp and 343 was handing out legendary xp boosts like candy. They’ve made it much easier to reach max rank over the past year or so in preparation for Infinite.
>
> Also, keep in mind that you don’t get anything special for max rank. It’s there for people like me to have something to grind to without taking anything away from those who don’t want, or don’t have the time, to grind. You don’t really gain anything by reaching 152 and you don’t lose anything by not reaching it. If it was easier to reach that level, the player base would have dropped off much earlier.

Dont you get something in Halo Infinite for reaching 152? That’s the only reason I’m doing it

i disagree…max Xp at 100 million on JAN. 8th 2019

> 2533274815821646;7:
> > 2533274843634673;2:
> > 5 months is roughly how long it takes to go from 151 to 152 if you gain 100,000xp every day.
> >
> > That said, it should take less time now. I hit 152 in the spring of 2018, before there was basically constant double xp and 343 was handing out legendary xp boosts like candy. They’ve made it much easier to reach max rank over the past year or so in preparation for Infinite.
> >
> > Also, keep in mind that you don’t get anything special for max rank. It’s there for people like me to have something to grind to without taking anything away from those who don’t want, or don’t have the time, to grind. You don’t really gain anything by reaching 152 and you don’t lose anything by not reaching it. If it was easier to reach that level, the player base would have dropped off much earlier.
>
> Dont you get something in Halo Infinite for reaching 152? That’s the only reason I’m doing it

Yes, which is why 343 have recently made it easier to get to 152. However, they haven’t actually said what you get, so I’m not expecting it to really be anything that good. Like how the emblem in H5 for 152 is pretty bad, but I use it just because I have it.

> 2533274815821646;7:
> > 2533274843634673;2:
> > 5 months is roughly how long it takes to go from 151 to 152 if you gain 100,000xp every day.
> >
> > That said, it should take less time now. I hit 152 in the spring of 2018, before there was basically constant double xp and 343 was handing out legendary xp boosts like candy. They’ve made it much easier to reach max rank over the past year or so in preparation for Infinite.
> >
> > Also, keep in mind that you don’t get anything special for max rank. It’s there for people like me to have something to grind to without taking anything away from those who don’t want, or don’t have the time, to grind. You don’t really gain anything by reaching 152 and you don’t lose anything by not reaching it. If it was easier to reach that level, the player base would have dropped off much earlier.
>
> Dont you get something in Halo Infinite for reaching 152? That’s the only reason I’m doing it

343 explicitly said the Infinite reward for getting 152 in H5 wouldn’t be some super exclusive armor. It’ll be more a token of appreciation for dedicated H5 players.

basically, don’t go for 152 if you’re only doing it for the reward. Only grind if you enjoy the game. Otherwise, you’re likely to be disappointed no matter what the reward ends up being.

> 2533274817408735;10:
> > 2533274815821646;7:
> > > 2533274843634673;2:
> > > 5 months is roughly how long it takes to go from 151 to 152 if you gain 100,000xp every day.
> > >
> > > That said, it should take less time now. I hit 152 in the spring of 2018, before there was basically constant double xp and 343 was handing out legendary xp boosts like candy. They’ve made it much easier to reach max rank over the past year or so in preparation for Infinite.
> > >
> > > Also, keep in mind that you don’t get anything special for max rank. It’s there for people like me to have something to grind to without taking anything away from those who don’t want, or don’t have the time, to grind. You don’t really gain anything by reaching 152 and you don’t lose anything by not reaching it. If it was easier to reach that level, the player base would have dropped off much earlier.
> >
> > Dont you get something in Halo Infinite for reaching 152? That’s the only reason I’m doing it
>
> 343 explicitly said the Infinite reward for getting 152 in H5 wouldn’t be some super exclusive armor. It’ll be more a token of appreciation for dedicated H5 players.
>
> basically, don’t go for 152 if you’re only doing it for the reward. Only grind if you enjoy the game. Otherwise, you’re likely to be disappointed no matter what the reward ends up being.

I do love the game. It’s my favorite game. Sure I still prefer the original trilogy over the new trilogy but Halo will always be one of my favorite games at heart. As for doing it for the reward, it gives me something to work towards. I was hoping itd be armor or something, but even if it isn’t, its whatever. I want to have it just to be one of the people to have it. With that being said, I do kinda hope it is a little cooler/more interesting than the 152 emblem you get. I mean yeah, you use it because you earned it, but couldn’t they have made it look slightly more interesting? Just saying.

Lol you think hitting max rank in Halo 5 is hard…you’ve obviously haven’t been ranking up in MCC then. I’m only in your 6 and it’s requiring nearly 2million just to get to my next rank. I’ve still got 4 more tours to go yet.

> 2533274832233486;12:
> Lol you think hitting max rank in Halo 5 is hard…you’ve obviously haven’t been ranking up in MCC then. I’m only in your 6 and it’s requiring nearly 2million just to get to my next rank. I’ve still got 4 more tours to go yet.

That’s even crazier. Problem for me is it’s often hard to find matches in MCC so I do t play MP as much

it does take too long, and in my opinion it’s not even worth it.
I play for the joy of it, not for the ranks, but granted I will be very pleased the day i reach max rank

Im on my second try at 152 my second account is 149 or 26.5 mil away plenty of time to get 152 :man_facepalming:

Personally I didn’t think it was that hard to hit 152. The grind was serious, and I also got the game on day one. But looking back at all of it, I think it was reasonable. Think about it, were talking about Max rank here, the rank above all others. It’s a trophy for dedication that also makes you stand out from thousands, it should be hard to get.

> 2533274851211096;16:
> Personally I didn’t think it was that hard to hit 152. The grind was serious, and I also got the game on day one. But looking back at all of it, I think it was reasonable. Think about it, were talking about Max rank here, the rank above all others. It’s a trophy for dedication that also makes you stand out from thousands, it should be hard to get.

And I’m gonna be damn proud when I get there but it’s such a grind. Obviously. Big chunk of life too.