Opinion: Banshee OP

Does anyone else feel that the Banshee is to powerful in halo 5. It seems like people who are decent or just pro at the Banshee are just unstoppable. I feel like the Banshee got a massive buff in its durability. The fuel rod cannon also seem to get a huge buff, every time a Banshee shoots me I can’t seem to ever avoid it. Note that I am talking about the normal bashee not req variants.

Well it really depends who the piliot is. Maybe you got a bad match where it was a group fireteam working together being unstoppable?
Although in Halo 1 you could banshee bomb and gun, Halo 2 you could banshee bomb and gun in campaign and varies in multiplayer, and so fourth from games. Halo 5 is right there though. You can choose to use the bomb or guns.

It matters on who’s piloting. I know these 2 gents in my company that are pretty skilled with the Banshee. You just gotta shoot at it with teammates and it should go down easily

I feel the dodge really should have a cool down or limited use. My idea is that a dodge would take 4 seconds to recharge but you could have 2-4 dodges saved up depending on the rarity. Basic 2 dodges, sword 3, ultra 4, temple 6 since it has a lower rate of fire I think.

To me the main raisin to use a mantis or anti air wraith is to destroy air but it’s useless against banshees the main threat in the air.

If the Banshee is OP in Halo 5 then I will compare it to Halo Reach’s Banshee and see which 1 is more powerful. But seriously, it’s mostly down to the pilot of the Banshee. The same can be applied to all vehicles in general.

Not a problem when you only play arena :wink:

The dodge should definitely have a delay. It’s impossible to lock onto a banshee if someone even barely decent is piloting. Makes the useless hydra launcher even more…useless.

I dont seem to run into problems normal banshee, its easy to take down but others I sometimes feel there way to OP

Clearly you haven’t played Reach. If we want to talk overpowered Banshees try that one.

Banshee is too op most btb. Maps with banshees need to remove hydra (as its useless against vehicles, better anti infantry) and have laser or lock on rockets. Estuary is a perfect example. WZ isn’t as issue because players request in laser or other power weapons that drip them quickly.

The barrel roll fuel rod combo in a good pilot’s hands is too much (again in btb). Lots of spawn killing. Most players don’t group fire as they are trying to survive once spawned in.

Banshee has never been OP. It’s all about the pilot’s ability and whether or not the team has common sense and team-shots it out the sky

> 2533274816811272;7:
> The dodge should definitely have a delay. It’s impossible to lock onto a banshee if someone even barely decent is piloting. Makes the useless hydra launcher even more…useless.

Yea the distance for using the hydra makes it nearly pointless most of the time. Its biggest use I’ve found is for air.

> 2535447122756015;1:
> Does anyone else feel that the Banshee is to powerful in halo 5. It seems like people who are decent or just pro at the Banshee are just unstoppable. I feel like the Banshee got a massive buff in its durability. The fuel rod cannon also seem to get a huge buff, every time a Banshee shoots me I can’t seem to ever avoid it. Note that I am talking about the normal bashee not req variants.

Once there’s two or three enemy banshees in the air early in WZ, it’s almost always a losing battle. I think the wasp needs an armor & armament buff to compensate. OR, bump up the Banshee req by one point, like the wasp & add a cooldown to the evasion flip.

It’s all about the pilot. There are some Banshee gods out there that are almost impossible to take down. I saw Spliced get an unfrig in warzone turbo with a NORMAL banshee. It’s on his youtube channel somewhere. It’s insane. Every laser, rocket, hydra, tank, plasma pistol, and banshee in the world couldn’t take him down. lol

EDIT: Found the video. The Banshee can be OP if you can pilot one like this, but very few can. Warning, this video might make you dizzy. I think he flips and rolls about 5,000 times.

It depends on how good the pilot is.

> 2533274962122285;4:
> I feel the dodge really should have a cool down or limited use. My idea is that a dodge would take 4 seconds to recharge but you could have 2-4 dodges saved up depending on the rarity. Basic 2 dodges, sword 3, ultra 4, temple 6 since it has a lower rate of fire I think.
>
> To me the main raisin to use a mantis or anti air wraith is to destroy air but it’s useless against banshees the main threat in the air.

I 1000% agree the evade needs a cool down similar to the phaetons evade cool down. What makes a skilled banshee pilot in h5 is their use of the evade. I’d say I’m pretty good and I’ve learned from some of the best pilots in h5 currently. When I get the banshee in wz or btb I can usually rack up a large amount of kills before I’m shot down or the game ends, and the many more skilled pilots out there can get farm more than I. They get it by spamming banshee bombs and back flips. If the back flip gets a cool down pilots can’t spam it with their banshee bomb so they will have to fly the banshee more like it was meant to. This won’t limit the banshees power but it will make it harder to farm with it and keep it up for long. If t has a cool down they will still likely use it with the banshee bomb but a lot less and if they keep using it with it they probably won’t get a good chance to use the evade to evade lock on weapons or lasers and such. the rolling evade isn’t used in the same way and isn’t as op but it’s still useful so the cool down doesn’t have to cary over to those. Most farming in halo 5 is built around banshee control so if the banshee can no longer be the ultimate farming tool, farming will definitely decrease or won’t be as easy as it is now. I’m not that much of a victim to this as others are but I know first hand how destructive and unfair the banshee can be in the right hands. But if this does happen weapons like the spartan laser will need to have their req level increased to balance or else the banshee will be useless.

> 2533274922123863;16:
> > 2533274962122285;4:
> > I feel the dodge really should have a cool down or limited use. My idea is that a dodge would take 4 seconds to recharge but you could have 2-4 dodges saved up depending on the rarity. Basic 2 dodges, sword 3, ultra 4, temple 6 since it has a lower rate of fire I think.
> >
> > To me the main raisin to use a mantis or anti air wraith is to destroy air but it’s useless against banshees the main threat in the air.
>
> I 1000% agree the evade needs a cool down similar to the phaetons evade cool down. What makes a skilled banshee pilot in h5 is their use of the evade. I’d say I’m pretty good and I’ve learned from some of the best pilots in h5 currently. When I get the banshee in wz or btb I can usually rack up a large amount of kills before I’m shot down or the game ends, and the many more skilled pilots out there can get farm more than I. They get it by spamming banshee bombs and back flips. If the back flip gets a cool down pilots can’t spam it with their banshee bomb so they will have to fly the banshee more like it was meant to. This won’t limit the banshees power but it will make it harder to farm with it and keep it up for long. If t has a cool down they will still likely use it with the banshee bomb but a lot less and if they keep using it with it they probably won’t get a good chance to use the evade to evade lock on weapons or lasers and such. the rolling evade isn’t used in the same way and isn’t as op but it’s still useful so the cool down doesn’t have to cary over to those. Most farming in halo 5 is built around banshee control so if the banshee can no longer be the ultimate farming tool, farming will definitely decrease or won’t be as easy as it is now. I’m not that much of a victim to this as others are but I know first hand how destructive and unfair the banshee can be in the right hands.

You know what they really need to do…

Fix the skybox so you can evade at the top of the map.

I think dropping the Mantis to 5 did a lot to counter Banshees. You’ve got a very mobile weapons platform that can chip away at their weak armor with its chaingun and has homing rockets which can wreck a pilot who misjudges his flips. You’ll struggle with Ultra and Temple, but I have noticed a lot more people using 2 or even three Mantis to protect the infantry from Banshees. Every second Ultra is hiding to let his shields recharge is time that he is raking in kills. So even if you can’t blow him up, simply popping his shields with the chaingun can have a bigger impact than you might think since the instinct of most flyers is to hide when their shields go to maintain the aircraft. Which by extension keeps your guys alive and their banshee out of the fight.

> 2533274803587475;18:
> I think dropping the Mantis to 5 did a lot to counter Banshees. You’ve got a very mobile weapons platform that can chip away at their weak armor with its chaingun and has homing rockets which can wreck a pilot who misjudges his flips. You’ll struggle with Ultra and Temple, but I have noticed a lot more people using 2 or even three Mantis to protect the infantry from Banshees. Every second Ultra is hiding to let his shields recharge is time that he is raking in kills. So even if you can’t blow him up, simply popping his shields with the chaingun can have a bigger impact than you might think since the instinct of most flyers is to hide when their shields go to maintain the aircraft. Which by extension keeps your guys alive and their banshee out of the fight.

Yeah, wanna know the best counter to banshees?

The Spartan Laser

They made it a level 4 req for a reason.

All air vehicles require teamwork to take down if not your going to get rolled on hard.