#OperationSaveReach: We Can Make a Difference

Hey everybody, it’s MajorNoobOwnage. The reason I’m here today is because I think it’s important that we leave our mark on Halo: Reach, and leave it in a better state than it currently is.

I know there are still a lot of problems with Reach, but lets face it; a lot of them can’t be solved without a lot of hard work and effort from the developers over at 343 Industries.

One thing feature that can easily be RE-introduced to Reach that will make the game much more enjoyable for Reach players, whether they be competitive or casual, is to bring back Squad Slayer.

You’re probably asking, why does Squad Slayer matter?

The reason that Squad Slayer is important to have in Reach is because its gameplay catered to the semi-competitive and casual players. With DMR-only spawns, Squad Slayer allowed players to always have a chance of coming back, even when the other team had complete map control and grasp of the power weapons (although it would be a little hard haha). Squad Slayer gave players gameplay which was faster, more exciting, and in many players’ opinions, much better than Vanilla Reach.

Unforunately, Squad Slayer was removed from Reach. The reason?
A so called, “lack of players” who enjoyed it. Thus, Squad Slayer was replaced with “Super Slayer,” which is essentially the exact same thing as Team Slayer with a few minor changes. With the removal of Squad Slayer, many players lost their favorite playlist and had nowhere left to play where the game would actually be fun, and challenge them at the same time in a FAIR way.

There is no longer and playlist where players can play with no Armor Lock, and no AR spawns, except for MLG, and for many, MLG is just way too hard and competitive.

Please 343, don’t forget about your players who are in between casual and hardcore competitive players. Help us to make Reach the best that it can be before we move on to Reach. Just bring back the exact same settings (Bleedthrough, Less Bloom, No Community Maps, DMR Spawns only, No Sword Block, a little more weapon damage, and NO ARMOR LOCK!), and it will be GREATLY appreciated.

The purpose of this thread is to show how much support this cause really has, so please just take the time to leave a reply below saying you support the cause, and take a few seconds to tweet at the Halo Community Manager and tell her that you would like Squad Slayer to be brought back to Reach, possibly as a replacement of Super Slayer (Which barely anyone plays; Only a little over 300 people when I went on today, making it the least populated playlist of them all).

(Video explaining this all can be found here: #OperationSaveReach

Video will be up in about 5 minutes.

This post has been edited by a moderator. I’m sorry, but petitions are not allowed.

Support

Me and my group of friends all agree that squad slayer being removed was terrible. Most of the time, it’s just 5 of us, and when we go into Multiplayer, the only playlist that supports 5 v. 5 is Objective. Sure, we can play Invasion, but then that is one random that we have to team up with. There’s BTB, but if we want to go in there as a team, we prefer 8 players on the team, not 5. We could also play Rumble Pit, but we could also just play FFA in customs. What I am trying to get at is that Squad provided that 5 v. 5 experience, and now that it’s gone, its just a chore playing other playlist, and just resort customs, or leaving Reach to play other games. I will gladly support this and hope in August 343 will add Squad Slayer.

I loved Squad Slayer b/c it was DMR only. I’m finding myself in SWAT and MLG more and more now, but that’s not too bad.

I’ll support your mission.

Also, I saw you on Reach recently, nearly sent you a message about your awesome gamertag.

> Hey everybody, it’s MajorNoobOwnage. The reason I’m here today is because I think it’s important that we leave our mark on Halo: Reach, and leave it in a better state than it currently is.
>
> I know there are still a lot of problems with Reach, but lets face it; a lot of them can’t be solved without a lot of hard work and effort from the developers over at 343 Industries.
>
> One thing feature that can easily be RE-introduced to Reach that will make the game much more enjoyable for Reach players, whether they be competitive or casual, is to bring back Squad Slayer.
>
> You’re probably asking, why does Squad Slayer matter?
>
> The reason that Squad Slayer is important to have in Reach is because its gameplay catered to the semi-competitive and casual players. With DMR-only spawns, Squad Slayer allowed players to always have a chance of coming back, even when the other team had complete map control and grasp of the power weapons (although it would be a little hard haha). Squad Slayer gave players gameplay which was faster, more exciting, and in many players’ opinions, much better than Vanilla Reach.
>
> Unforunately, Squad Slayer was removed from Reach. The reason?
> A so called, “lack of players” who enjoyed it. Thus, Squad Slayer was replaced with “Super Slayer,” which is essentially the exact same thing as Team Slayer with a few minor changes. With the removal of Squad Slayer, many players lost their favorite playlist and had nowhere left to play where the game would actually be fun, and challenge them at the same time in a FAIR way.
>
> There is no longer and playlist where players can play with no Armor Lock, and no AR spawns, except for MLG, and for many, MLG is just way too hard and competitive.
>
> Please 343, don’t forget about your players who are in between casual and hardcore competitive players. Help us to make Reach the best that it can be before we move on to Reach. Just bring back the exact same settings (Bleedthrough, Less Bloom, No Community Maps, DMR Spawns only, No Sword Block, a little more weapon damage, and NO ARMOR LOCK!), and it will be GREATLY appreciated.
>
> The purpose of this thread is to show how much support this cause really has, so please just take the time to leave a reply below saying you support the cause, and take a few seconds to tweet at the Halo Community Manager (BSAngel: @BSAngel) and tell her that you would like Squad Slayer to be brought back to Reach, possibly as a replacement of Super Slayer (Which barely anyone plays; Only a little over 300 people when I went on today, making it the least populated playlist of them all).
>
> Just tweet @BSAngel, please bring back Squad Slayer, it’s what the community wants. #OperationSaveReach
>
> Thank you for your time, and don’t forget to reply below or tweet at BSAngel and show support!
>
> (Video explaining this all can be found here: #OperationSaveReach
>
> Video will be up in about 5 minutes.

I support this 100%. I have been trying to make SS come back for the longest time. I have posted a link to this along with your video on halocouncil.com (if you are not registered for this site you should to help the halo community as a whole come together.) Also, I have tweeted the video and the link to the halocouncil.com forum I posted. So I want this to really work. So everyone check it out tweet it and everything. Halo Council

I see no reason why Reach needs to be saved. There’s nothing wrong with it. I’ve been playing for quite a while, and I’ve never had any problems with it, and I still don’t. It’s perfectly fine just the way it is.

Also, the chances of Squad Slayer coming back are extremely low. Considering how many people have been complaining and begging to bring it back, don’t you think 343 would’ve brought it back by now if they were ever going to?

Honestly the topic title should just be, what I want in the August Matchmaking update.

Reach doesn’t need saving.

If you want a 5 on 5 game, just play Team Objective. The playlists are perfectly balanced to meet gamers play types.

team objective should have stayed at a 4v4 it was better for clips and more fun. its now overcrowded. squad slayer needs to come back

Support.

This seems like an ill-hidden, though well deserved, rage towards armor lock.
Team objective gets annoying fairly quickly in my opinion.

This needs to happen.

It took everything out of Reach that made it bad (armor lock, full bloom, AR starts) and made it what Reach should have been.

We need it back ! Plus Squad Slayer was also a 5 Vs 5 playlist which was good if you are trying to have fun in a Slayer playlist with 4 other friends in the same team !
I think they should also put Team Slayer to 5 Vs 5 just so it’s kinda equal to Squad Slayer , minus the awesome stuff from Squad.

PLEASE 343 ! DO IT !

Although I’m not sure how Squad Slayer will “save Reach,” but I definitely think it should come back considering Super Slayer is a waste of space with Team Slayer being essentially the same.

Tweeted, signed.

Two achievements are earned through the use of armour lock so it can’t be removed.

One gametype won’t save Reach. Regular updates and new gametypes will.

Two Armor Lock achievements , one of them is possible in BTB , as for the other one go in a Team Slayer or somewhere else but Squad Slayer . Squad is suppose to be a NON ARMOR LOCK Playlist that goes up to 75 kills per game with 5 Vs 5 matches .
So they can have it back and for those who are dying for achievements , they just have to go in a playlist that has it , like BTB or Team Slayer …

I support MNO. I already tweeted it out to BSangel ; )

I support.

Squad slayer was my most played playlist due to it having no AL and DMR starts. I know tons and tons of other people that miss the playlist as well.

It would be nice to have the playlist back for the last few months leading up to Halo 4.

> If you want a 5 on 5 game, just play Team Objective. The playlists are perfectly balanced to meet gamers play types.

Yeah, but we don’t want to play objective with (somtimes AR starts.) We want to play slayer with DMRS and of course no AL. Also objective is pretty dead playlist.

Update super slayer and, team objective with CLASSIC settings from the old classic playlist…

And TU all of Reach not just some.

And when Halo 4 drops
Reach will hopefully die :slight_smile: