Opening rushes

Sup everyone I’m just curious what people are using now a days as an opening rush?

I use Arby enforcers, Colony Goliaths and Paviums hero with mega turret I would rush an enemy mini base, this one is quite a pain to deal with if done correctly and they don’t find the mini base right at the start.

I’ve recently only found rushes successful in teams. But Goliath/Chopper/Sniper is 10/10

I still prefer the tried and true marines with flamers.

Arby hero + Enforcers is the business.

I normally use the enforcer rush with arby, but lately ive been using cutter with flamers and snipers. Usually works cause most people rush to build their hero and the snipers waste em.

Grunts, Brute Grenadiers, and Hammer Bros.

Leader: Decimus
Warlord, Marauders, Banshees and Engis (Extra Grunts if I have spare ressources.)
Attack by 8-10 Minutes.

I think a rush can be stopped by any player planning for it. I don’t think any rush is unstoppable.
With that being said I’ve seen some players not full out rush but they rush planning on taking out generators and making the opponent build turrets and hopefully upgrade it. At this point they are further behind then you are and you are getting map control while he is recouping from the rush. Now you just prevent the player from ever expanding and you win the game.

In 2s my personal favorite rush is double colony. 1 player goes Goliaths. The other goes Engineer skitters. I don’t play much so you prolly haven’t seen this rush. But when it’s been done it’s been very successful. Most likely not against the best players.

Great the thanks for sharing strategies that ruin the game for a lot of people

I usually rush with upgraded Kinsano hero, 6 hell bringers, and 9 grenade marines around the 3:30-4:00 minute mark. But it’s an all or nothing strategy as for if it doesn’t work you won’t have much supplies to recover and build with. So that’s why I play with teammates in teamwork(I don’t play ranked, or at least I don’t right now anyway), they help defend when you need it and even donate some supplies.

> Great, the thanks for sharing strategies that ruin the game for a lot of people.

Is it really that bad? I always found it as a legitimate strategy for the game. It’s not like it’s OP, you can ask anyone who rushes and they’ll tell you most of them can be prevented with just a few things in preparation. If you scout, and see the rush coming, build turrets and that’ll eliminate most rushes, if you build a small counterforce such as 3 or 4 snipers or just any other counter unit with those turrets then you can almost repel any rush. You just have to know it’s coming. No need to prepare for a rush if nothing’s coming.

> 2533274806495508;8:
> I think a rush can be stopped by any player planning for it. I don’t think any rush is unstoppable.
> With that being said I’ve seen some players not full out rush but they rush planning on taking out generators and making the opponent build turrets and hopefully upgrade it. At this point they are further behind then you are and you are getting map control while he is recouping from the rush. Now you just prevent the player from ever expanding and you win the game.
>
> In 2s my personal favorite rush is double colony. 1 player goes Goliaths. The other goes Engineer skitters. I don’t play much so you prolly haven’t seen this rush. But when it’s been done it’s been very successful. Most likely not against the best players.

Double Colony is one of the hardest rushes to stop if done right.

When a rush happens you are forced to get defensive while the enemy can get all the power nodes and when that happens the enemy can just get to tech 2 while you are stuck in tech 1 longer than you should be in and do I need to explain why that is bad and tell me why it’s fair that unsc players get snipers in tech 1 and banished players get elite rangers in tech 2 it’s not even fair and in tech 1 your only option is to go infantry as vehicles take way to long to produce and turrets can’t save you from every as if th enemy goes air gg as you probably can’t get enough anti air in time

> 2535408720103530;12:
> When a rush happens you are forced to get defensive while the enemy can get all the power nodes and when that happens the enemy can just get to tech 2 while you are stuck in tech 1 longer than you should be in and do I need to explain why that is bad and tell me why it’s fair that unsc players get snipers in tech 1 and banished players get elite rangers in tech 2 it’s not even fair and in tech 1 your only option is to go infantry as vehicles take way to long to produce and turrets can’t save you from every as if th enemy goes air gg as you probably can’t get enough anti air in time

Snipers take a lot of power, especially in t1. Making them will set you back.

T1 vehicles aren’t great, but they’re good in mass. You can make more if you grab more minis.

UNSC turrets actually do amazingly well.

Scout to prevent the air from causing a gg.

I like a simple Decimus Warlord and chopper rush.
Its easy to manage and pretty effective especially against unsc that build snipers or flamers, just have to micro the warlord around and its done deal.

I run Anders in 1s and I really only feel comfortable rushing banished players with my spartan as the main attraction. I have been rushed with goliaths (2 times yesterday on my twitch stream” and I was able to repel them easily with marines and a spartan even when the goliaths connected to my base. The current meta is very anti rush IMO. In 3s though, I am all about that supported Goliath rush.

> 2535431243595189;10:
> I usually rush with upgraded Kinsano hero, 6 hell bringers, and 9 grenade marines around the 3:30-4:00 minute mark. But it’s an all or nothing strategy as for if it doesn’t work you won’t have much supplies to recover and build with. So that’s why I play with teammates in teamwork(I don’t play ranked, or at least I don’t right now anyway), they help defend when you need it and even donate some supplies.
>
>
> > Great, the thanks for sharing strategies that ruin the game for a lot of people.
>
> Is it really that bad? I always found it as a legitimate strategy for the game. It’s not like it’s OP, you can ask anyone who rushes and they’ll tell you most of them can be prevented with just a few things in preparation. If you scout, and see the rush coming, build turrets and that’ll eliminate most rushes, if you build a small counterforce such as 3 or 4 snipers or just any other counter unit with those turrets then you can almost repel any rush. You just have to know it’s coming. No need to prepare for a rush if nothing’s coming.

Agree with dirtybird, there is no rush that can’t be stopped with some well timed scouting, an upgraded turrent and some core infantry or a hero. Feel free to make suis or flamers to help you out but a smart player should be able to easily counter a rush and come out ahead.

> 2533274796391115;13:
> > 2535408720103530;12:
> > When a rush happens you are forced to get defensive while the enemy can get all the power nodes and when that happens the enemy can just get to tech 2 while you are stuck in tech 1 longer than you should be in and do I need to explain why that is bad and tell me why it’s fair that unsc players get snipers in tech 1 and banished players get elite rangers in tech 2 it’s not even fair and in tech 1 your only option is to go infantry as vehicles take way to long to produce and turrets can’t save you from every as if th enemy goes air gg as you probably can’t get enough anti air in time
>
> Snipers take a lot of power, especially in t1. Making them will set you back.
>
> T1 vehicles aren’t great, but they’re good in mass. You can make more if you grab more minis.
>
> UNSC turrets actually do amazingly well.
>
> Scout to prevent the air from causing a gg.

Stopped a Flamethrower and Marine rush with a bunch of Choppers and Voridus on the field.

I don’t typically rush. I don’t like ending the game that quickly, and if the rush fails then I’m at a big disadvantage for mid game. I prefer applying heavy pressure with honor guard while I boom my eco behind it

I don’t like playing as Voridus I like to use Pavium,colony and Atriox more and you have to predict a rush to stop it as choppers take a while to build and marine gernades wreck choppers and banished turrets aren’t as strong as unsc turrets and if you have enough snipers than the enemy hero will die really fast and if I have to use turrets and a lot of power in the first couple of minutes just to survive then don’t you think the enemy will have an advantage over me while I’m stuck in a corner while all my power nodes get stolen when this happens recovering isn’t as easy as when you get to tech 2 your ememy will most likely have an army stronger than yours also it ruins the game a bit if it ends in a couple minutes if I wanted that then I can play on my phone but no that’s not why I play on my Xbox for. And tell me this do you think it’s fun being rushed a lot with little to no fighting chance sometimes do you think that assassinT28

> 2535408720103530;19:
> I don’t like playing as Voridus I like to use Pavium,colony and Atriox more and you have to predict a rush to stop it as choppers take a while to build and marine gernades wreck choppers and banished turrets aren’t as strong as unsc turrets and if you have enough snipers than the enemy hero will die really fast and if I have to use turrets and a lot of power in the first couple of minutes just to survive then don’t you think the enemy will have an advantage over me while I’m stuck in a corner while all my power nodes get stolen when this happens recovering isn’t as easy as when you get to tech 2 your ememy will most likely have an army stronger than yours also it ruins the game a bit if it ends in a couple minutes if I wanted that then I can play on my phone but no that’s not why I play on my Xbox for. And tell me this do you think it’s fun being rushed a lot with little to no fighting chance sometimes do you think that assassinT28

You don’t have to just predict a rush, you can scout. Sometimes your instincts will lie to you. Don’t trust your feelings. You know nothing to be true.
Also, if you grab minibases, you can pump scout vehicles from each base. That lets you get a bunch out at a time. Scouts, even in mass, won’t do much base damage though.

Sounds like you’re having trouble reacting to whatever your opponent does. Here are some basic tips, but none of them matter if you don’t scout:

1. Scout. Around the 1:30-2min mark is a good time.
  2. What base slots are at their base?
  3. If you see 2 raid camps/barracks, it’s 100% a rush. Make counters. If you see 1 raid/barracks, it’s likely a rush, but could also just be defenders (snipes, suicides). Scout again and see what comes out.
  4. Do they have all their minibases? What did they build there?
  5. How many gens? 2 gens usually means they’re getting to T2. 1 gen with 4 supply might mean a quick tech too, often followed by mass vehicles. 3 gens is overkill, and they’re likely trying to get a scarab out around minute 7 or whatever. If you see 3 gens, attack!
  6. An armory in t1 means hero unit.
  7. Turrets mean turtling. Against UNSC, it isn’t often wise to try to beat the turret turtle. Better to take nodes and deny expansions.

Different players do different things (so nothing is foolproof), but the stuff above is what you’ll usually see. After you read their buildings, you can usually plan accordingly.

As for wanting longer games, we’re of different schools. I’d rather lose to a 2min rush than win a 2hr game. Alas, not much you can do about this. It’s an elimination-style game. No way around that. The more you play, the longer your games will naturally get, trust me.