Open your eyes people

I just want everyone who is supporting Spartan abilities, sprint, and Halo 4 to read this paragraph and tell me what can possibly justify making another game closer to Halo 4 than Halo 3. I understand we will play the beta in a couple of weeks and then we can make our final verdict on the game as it stands. I just want to show why everyone who is hating on people wanting them to go back to the Halo 3 type of gameplay should slow down.

This is from IGN six months after the release of Halo 4 and just so you know the guy writing this, his second language is English so there are punctuation errors.

“The total population fell 87% in six months… SIX MONTHS!! That means 400,000 people started to play Halo 4 in November. Now, there are around 20,000 people playing every day! And how not? While Halo 3 took around four years to lose the 87% of population, Halo 4 took only six months. With this, a LOT of players felt Halo 4 like a sh*tty game and decided to move to other shooters.”

> 2743710844422774;1:
> I just want everyone who is supporting Spartan abilities, sprint, and Halo 4 to read this paragraph and tell me what can possibly justify making another game closer to Halo 4 than Halo 3. I understand we will play the beta in a couple of weeks and then we can make our final verdict on the game as it stands. I just want to show why everyone who is hating on people wanting them to go back to the Halo 3 type of gameplay should slow down.
>
> This is from IGN six months after the release of Halo 4 and just so you know the guy writing this, his second language is English so there are punctuation errors.
>
> “The total population fell 87% in six months… SIX MONTHS!! That means 400,000 people started to play Halo 4 in November. Now, there are around 20,000 people playing every day! And how not? While Halo 3 took around four years to lose the 87% of population, Halo 4 took only six months. With this, a LOT of players felt Halo 4 like a sh*tty game and decided to move to other shooters.”

Well to answer this question for the thousandth time, we first need to know why Halo 4 was the worst, multiplayer-wise.
Halo 4: Took Reach and then added a lot of gameplay-breaking things like personal ordnance and perks, which completely randomized gameplay way more than Reach ever did. Which is saying a lot. However, the main thing it did wrong was over-complicate things. Halo CE-3 were great because they were simple, it didn’t take much to understand, learn, adapt, etc. You can’t do that with Halo 4.

Halo 5 is different. No loadouts, no perks, no personal ordnance. Everyone’s on the same playing field from the start, even with Spartan Abilities because they’re mechanics everyone can use at all times, unlike Armor Abilities.

And again, do you really want a Halo 3 v.2? Please… Another 30 years of that would become extremely boring.

Agree completely Halo 5 will be the continuation of the death of Halo if they do not return to their roots the problem is their roots are from a different company. 343 bought this title and is running it straight into the ground it started with Halo 4 continues with MCC they can’t even take work done by someone else and copy! They are ran by a woman who was brought on to get more gamers into their title. Only to run all of their die hard fans away.

I quit playing Halo 4 a month into it for the most part it was trash and by the looks of Halo 5 I won’t even buy it.

Prediction:
They create a couple more games get their money grab and then Halo along with other titles we all remember growing up will be a thing of the past.

Halo is trying to generate a new fan base WHY!!! they don’t need to change something that worked. Adding little tweaks is one thing but changing the game play completely is another.

As I tell my baseball players

Keep it simple stupid

My eyes are open…

And I am seeing that 343i is bringing back MANY aspects from the original trilogy to Halo 5.

• Map control
  • no ordinance
  • no perks
  • balance starting
  • ranking system
  • no loadouts
  • and etc… I don’t remember everything

They seems to be doing a good job based on what I’ve seen so far. And I do have to agree… Halo 3 (v. 2) can get boring after so many years…

Being able to spawn with plasma nades, plasma pistols, and different ranged weapons made Halo 4 bad. Perks and armor abilities made Halo 4 bad. Ordnance made Halo 4 bad. Sprint without penalty made Halo 4 bad.

I see none of this in Guardians multiplayer. We have the arena gameplay we so desperately wanted Halo to go back to with some new base traits. Sure, we can speculate how some of these new abilities could ruin the gameplay, but as you said, final verdicts should be made after playing the beta, which we should be very thankful to have.

> 2533274908138382;2:
> > 2743710844422774;1:
> > I just want everyone who is supporting Spartan abilities, sprint, and Halo 4 to read this paragraph and tell me what can possibly justify making another game closer to Halo 4 than Halo 3. I understand we will play the beta in a couple of weeks and then we can make our final verdict on the game as it stands. I just want to show why everyone who is hating on people wanting them to go back to the Halo 3 type of gameplay should slow down.
> >
> > This is from IGN six months after the release of Halo 4 and just so you know the guy writing this, his second language is English so there are punctuation errors.
> >
> > “The total population fell 87% in six months… SIX MONTHS!! That means 400,000 people started to play Halo 4 in November. Now, there are around 20,000 people playing every day! And how not? While Halo 3 took around four years to lose the 87% of population, Halo 4 took only six months. With this, a LOT of players felt Halo 4 like a sh*tty game and decided to move to other shooters.”
>
>
> Well to answer this question for the thousandth time, we first need to know why Halo 4 was the worst, multiplayer-wise.
> Halo 4: Took Reach and then added a lot of gameplay-breaking things like personal ordnance and perks, which completely randomized gameplay way more than Reach ever did. Which is saying a lot. However, the main thing it did wrong was over-complicate things. Halo CE-3 were great because they were simple, it didn’t take much to understand, learn, adapt, etc. You can’t do that with Halo 4.
>
> Halo 5 is different. No loadouts, no perks, no personal ordnance. Everyone’s on the same playing field from the start, even with Spartan Abilities because they’re mechanics everyone can use at all times, unlike Armor Abilities.
>
> And again, do you really want a Halo 3 v.2? Please… Another 30 years of that would become extremely boring.

Ok so you are honestly going to tell me that we don’t know why halo 4 was the worst halo all time, what was the difference between Halo 3 and 4… surprise sprint for everyone, even reach still had 900,000 players at its high points a year after launch. It is not hard to figure out sprint for everyone, it forced every map to be huge and let people get out of trouble.

Really because I think the OP made it pretty clear what got boring I think 380,000 gamers decided it was 343’s version of Halo 4.

> 2533274876456769;5:
> Being able to spawn with plasma nades, plasma pistols, and different ranged weapons made Halo 4 bad. Perks and armor abilities made Halo 4 bad. Ordnance made Halo 4 bad. Sprint without penalty made Halo 4 bad.
>
> I see none of this in Guardians multiplayer. We have the arena gameplay we so desperately wanted Halo to go back to with some new base traits. Sure, we can speculate how some of these new abilities could ruin the gameplay, but as you said, final verdicts should be made after playing the beta, which we should be very thankful to have.

Good Point

I feel this post because I remember how excited all my xbox live friends and I were when H4 dropped and how fast each one of them stopped playing.

That’s about right OP, 6 months in I was the only one on my friendlist still playing H4

im die hard fan. I was about to get a PS4 when they announced Master Chief Collection and only bought a one for that and the hope H5 delivers

This is the last chance I’m giving the Halo franchise before I’m out forever

> 2560752109556315;9:
> I feel this post because I remember how excited all my xbox live friends and I were when H4 dropped and how fast each one of them stopped playing.
>
> That’s about right OP, 6 months in I was the only one on my friendlist still playing H4
>
> im die hard fan. I was about to get a PS4 when they announced Master Chief Collection and only bought a one for that and the hope H5 delivers
>
> This is the last chance I’m giving the Halo franchise before I’m out forever

I am right there with you, I had no friends online at that point. I would have to talk them into getting on every once in awhile and they would play maybe two games and be done. I think the beta is the last chance before I end my halo career with the MCC. I really want it to be good but I play Halo with friends not by myself and if none of them are going to pick it up then what’s the point of buying it

> 2533274949216347;4:
> My eyes are open…
>
> And I am seeing that 343i is bringing back MANY aspects from the original trilogy to Halo 5.
>
> - Map control
> - no ordinance
> - no perks
> - balance starting
> - ranking system
> - no loadouts
> - and etc… I don’t remember everything
>
> They seems to be doing a good job based on what I’ve seen so far. And I do have to agree… Halo 3 (v. 2) can get boring after so many years…

> 2533274876456769;5:
> Being able to spawn with plasma nades, plasma pistols, and different ranged weapons made Halo 4 bad. Perks and armor abilities made Halo 4 bad. Ordnance made Halo 4 bad. Sprint without penalty made Halo 4 bad.
>
> I see none of this in Guardians multiplayer. We have the arena gameplay we so desperately wanted Halo to go back to with some new base traits. Sure, we can speculate how some of these new abilities could ruin the gameplay, but as you said, final verdicts should be made after playing the beta, which we should be very thankful to have.

> 2743710844422774;6:
> > 2533274908138382;2:
> > > 2743710844422774;1:
> > > I just want everyone who is supporting Spartan abilities, sprint, and Halo 4 to read this paragraph and tell me what can possibly justify making another game closer to Halo 4 than Halo 3. I understand we will play the beta in a couple of weeks and then we can make our final verdict on the game as it stands. I just want to show why everyone who is hating on people wanting them to go back to the Halo 3 type of gameplay should slow down.
> > >
> > > This is from IGN six months after the release of Halo 4 and just so you know the guy writing this, his second language is English so there are punctuation errors.
> > >
> > > “The total population fell 87% in six months… SIX MONTHS!! That means 400,000 people started to play Halo 4 in November. Now, there are around 20,000 people playing every day! And how not? While Halo 3 took around four years to lose the 87% of population, Halo 4 took only six months. With this, a LOT of players felt Halo 4 like a sh*tty game and decided to move to other shooters.”
> >
> >
> >
> > Well to answer this question for the thousandth time, we first need to know why Halo 4 was the worst, multiplayer-wise.
> > Halo 4: Took Reach and then added a lot of gameplay-breaking things like personal ordnance and perks, which completely randomized gameplay way more than Reach ever did. Which is saying a lot. However, the main thing it did wrong was over-complicate things. Halo CE-3 were great because they were simple, it didn’t take much to understand, learn, adapt, etc. You can’t do that with Halo 4.
> >
> > Halo 5 is different. No loadouts, no perks, no personal ordnance. Everyone’s on the same playing field from the start, even with Spartan Abilities because they’re mechanics everyone can use at all times, unlike Armor Abilities.
> >
> > And again, do you really want a Halo 3 v.2? Please… Another 30 years of that would become extremely boring.
>
>
> Ok so you are honestly going to tell me that we don’t know why halo 4 was the worst halo all time, what was the difference between Halo 3 and 4… surprise sprint for everyone, even reach still had 900,000 players at its high points a year after launch. It is not hard to figure out sprint for everyone, it forced every map to be huge and let people get out of trouble.

So… you’re saying it was sprint and only sprint that killed the game? Or did you just word that in a way that it’s hard to comprehend the message?

> 2533274908138382;12:
> > 2743710844422774;6:
> > > 2533274908138382;2:
> > > > 2743710844422774;1:
> > > > I just want everyone who is supporting Spartan abilities, sprint, and Halo 4 to read this paragraph and tell me what can possibly justify making another game closer to Halo 4 than Halo 3. I understand we will play the beta in a couple of weeks and then we can make our final verdict on the game as it stands. I just want to show why everyone who is hating on people wanting them to go back to the Halo 3 type of gameplay should slow down.
> > > >
> > > > This is from IGN six months after the release of Halo 4 and just so you know the guy writing this, his second language is English so there are punctuation errors.
> > > >
> > > > “The total population fell 87% in six months… SIX MONTHS!! That means 400,000 people started to play Halo 4 in November. Now, there are around 20,000 people playing every day! And how not? While Halo 3 took around four years to lose the 87% of population, Halo 4 took only six months. With this, a LOT of players felt Halo 4 like a sh*tty game and decided to move to other shooters.”
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Well to answer this question for the thousandth time, we first need to know why Halo 4 was the worst, multiplayer-wise.
> > > Halo 4: Took Reach and then added a lot of gameplay-breaking things like personal ordnance and perks, which completely randomized gameplay way more than Reach ever did. Which is saying a lot. However, the main thing it did wrong was over-complicate things. Halo CE-3 were great because they were simple, it didn’t take much to understand, learn, adapt, etc. You can’t do that with Halo 4.
> > >
> > > Halo 5 is different. No loadouts, no perks, no personal ordnance. Everyone’s on the same playing field from the start, even with Spartan Abilities because they’re mechanics everyone can use at all times, unlike Armor Abilities.
> > >
> > > And again, do you really want a Halo 3 v.2? Please… Another 30 years of that would become extremely boring.
> >
> >
> >
> > Ok so you are honestly going to tell me that we don’t know why halo 4 was the worst halo all time, what was the difference between Halo 3 and 4… surprise sprint for everyone, even reach still had 900,000 players at its high points a year after launch. It is not hard to figure out sprint for everyone, it forced every map to be huge and let people get out of trouble.
>
>
> So… you’re saying it was sprint and only sprint that killed the game? Or did you just word that in a way that it’s hard to comprehend the message?

I worded it that way cause he said they don’t know why halo 4 failed, yes there were many reasons I agree, but reach still had 900,000 people at high points, I’m just saying as soon as sprint was in for everyone all the time the game failed. I believe that was the main reason though.

Halo 4 is the worst main line Halo game to date, in my opinion. But Halo 4 and Halo 5 aren’t the same thing. So I’ll actually play the thing and see if it’s any good before I decide ahead of time that it’s the biggest abomination in the history of gaming. Because if I said that now, I’d be making an argument that I couldn’t substantiate. And an argument that can’t be substantiated comes from the mouth of an ignorant human being. I’d rather not lump myself into that category, thanks.

Ppl didn’t only leave because of how h4 played, they mainly left because of the offer in other games available to play. I bet that if h4 would’ve been closer to h3, it would’ve been the same results in population droping.

I’m a diehard Halo fan and I could only last to level 32 which is about a month I think of playing time.

Halo 4 sucked because: Sprint, ordinance, loadouts, mantis, perks, maps were all too big, AAs, too many 1 shot kill weapons, No weapons on map, No 1-50,

I think that about covers it

> 2535464067998264;16:
> I’m a diehard Halo fan and I could only last to level 32 which is about a month I think of playing time.
>
> Halo 4 sucked because: Sprint, ordinance, loadouts, mantis, perks, maps were all too big, AAs, too many 1 shot kill weapons, No weapons on map, No 1-50,
>
> I think that about covers it

Also lack of good ranking system, you could reach 130 in a few months and had no incentitive to keep playing due to lack of ranking system

> 2743710844422774;13:
> > 2533274908138382;12:
> > > 2743710844422774;6:
> > > > 2533274908138382;2:
> > > > > 2743710844422774;1:
> > > > > I just want everyone who is supporting Spartan abilities, sprint, and Halo 4 to read this paragraph and tell me what can possibly justify making another game closer to Halo 4 than Halo 3. I understand we will play the beta in a couple of weeks and then we can make our final verdict on the game as it stands. I just want to show why everyone who is hating on people wanting them to go back to the Halo 3 type of gameplay should slow down.
> > > > >
> > > > > This is from IGN six months after the release of Halo 4 and just so you know the guy writing this, his second language is English so there are punctuation errors.
> > > > >
> > > > > “The total population fell 87% in six months… SIX MONTHS!! That means 400,000 people started to play Halo 4 in November. Now, there are around 20,000 people playing every day! And how not? While Halo 3 took around four years to lose the 87% of population, Halo 4 took only six months. With this, a LOT of players felt Halo 4 like a sh*tty game and decided to move to other shooters.”
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Well to answer this question for the thousandth time, we first need to know why Halo 4 was the worst, multiplayer-wise.
> > > > Halo 4: Took Reach and then added a lot of gameplay-breaking things like personal ordnance and perks, which completely randomized gameplay way more than Reach ever did. Which is saying a lot. However, the main thing it did wrong was over-complicate things. Halo CE-3 were great because they were simple, it didn’t take much to understand, learn, adapt, etc. You can’t do that with Halo 4.
> > > >
> > > > Halo 5 is different. No loadouts, no perks, no personal ordnance. Everyone’s on the same playing field from the start, even with Spartan Abilities because they’re mechanics everyone can use at all times, unlike Armor Abilities.
> > > >
> > > > And again, do you really want a Halo 3 v.2? Please… Another 30 years of that would become extremely boring.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Ok so you are honestly going to tell me that we don’t know why halo 4 was the worst halo all time, what was the difference between Halo 3 and 4… surprise sprint for everyone, even reach still had 900,000 players at its high points a year after launch. It is not hard to figure out sprint for everyone, it forced every map to be huge and let people get out of trouble.
> >
> >
> >
> > So… you’re saying it was sprint and only sprint that killed the game? Or did you just word that in a way that it’s hard to comprehend the message?
>
>
> I worded it that way cause he said they don’t know why halo 4 failed, yes there were many reasons I agree, but reach still had 900,000 people at high points, I’m just saying as soon as sprint was in for everyone all the time the game failed. I believe that was the main reason though.

So taking away some of the randomness of the game by giving everyone default sprint is a main reason why it failed? Yeah, no I don’t agree with that. It was a step in the right direction, given that sprint is obviously staying for the long haul.

> 2533274908138382;18:
> > 2743710844422774;13:
> > > 2533274908138382;12:
> > > > 2743710844422774;6:
> > > > > 2533274908138382;2:
> > > > > > 2743710844422774;1:
> > > > > > I just want everyone who is supporting Spartan abilities, sprint, and Halo 4 to read this paragraph and tell me what can possibly justify making another game closer to Halo 4 than Halo 3. I understand we will play the beta in a couple of weeks and then we can make our final verdict on the game as it stands. I just want to show why everyone who is hating on people wanting them to go back to the Halo 3 type of gameplay should slow down.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > This is from IGN six months after the release of Halo 4 and just so you know the guy writing this, his second language is English so there are punctuation errors.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > “The total population fell 87% in six months… SIX MONTHS!! That means 400,000 people started to play Halo 4 in November. Now, there are around 20,000 people playing every day! And how not? While Halo 3 took around four years to lose the 87% of population, Halo 4 took only six months. With this, a LOT of players felt Halo 4 like a sh*tty game and decided to move to other shooters.”
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Well to answer this question for the thousandth time, we first need to know why Halo 4 was the worst, multiplayer-wise.
> > > > > Halo 4: Took Reach and then added a lot of gameplay-breaking things like personal ordnance and perks, which completely randomized gameplay way more than Reach ever did. Which is saying a lot. However, the main thing it did wrong was over-complicate things. Halo CE-3 were great because they were simple, it didn’t take much to understand, learn, adapt, etc. You can’t do that with Halo 4.
> > > > >
> > > > > Halo 5 is different. No loadouts, no perks, no personal ordnance. Everyone’s on the same playing field from the start, even with Spartan Abilities because they’re mechanics everyone can use at all times, unlike Armor Abilities.
> > > > >
> > > > > And again, do you really want a Halo 3 v.2? Please… Another 30 years of that would become extremely boring.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Ok so you are honestly going to tell me that we don’t know why halo 4 was the worst halo all time, what was the difference between Halo 3 and 4… surprise sprint for everyone, even reach still had 900,000 players at its high points a year after launch. It is not hard to figure out sprint for everyone, it forced every map to be huge and let people get out of trouble.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > So… you’re saying it was sprint and only sprint that killed the game? Or did you just word that in a way that it’s hard to comprehend the message?
> >
> >
> >
> > I worded it that way cause he said they don’t know why halo 4 failed, yes there were many reasons I agree, but reach still had 900,000 people at high points, I’m just saying as soon as sprint was in for everyone all the time the game failed. I believe that was the main reason though.
>
>
> So taking away some of the randomness of the game by giving everyone default sprint is a main reason why it failed? Yeah, no I don’t agree with that. It was a step in the right direction, given that sprint is obviously staying for the long haul.

I agree it’s staying and I am really hoping it works this time.

> 2533274820441404;15:
> Ppl didn’t only leave because of how h4 played, they mainly left because of the offer in other games available to play. I bet that if h4 would’ve been closer to h3, it would’ve been the same results in population droping.

You’re telling me 380,000 people left because there were better games?