Open world game

Is halo infinite looking to be a mass effect style game of open world with rpg elements or is it going to be more related to First person shooters. Not sure what is being presented. But looking forward to E3 in a couple of months. Hope you guys start showing some of the new weapons and other things we can start to play with in the coming months.

It’s anyone’s guess at this point. There have been some unconfirmed leaks and some other hints to suggest RPG elements, but that’s about it. My money is on an FPS with an open world feel like the second level of CE, but again that’s just my guess. Looking forward to E3 and hoping we get something more concrete though.

I hope to god 343 takes notes from what made the series popular and doesn’t stay to far from the halo formula. This could be a new beginning or the final nail in the coffin for 343. In my opinion the landscapes will be more open and more akin to halo ce but not open world. The huge development time isn’t due to creating a massive open world, its most likely due to building the slipspace engine.

at this point no one knows, although i trust 343 will make it their redemption game either way

With the rumors going around here is my theory. Since the rumor is they have a world record $500m limit I think the story mode might be a huge Open world set on the halo ring. As far as multiplayer goes I think their will be FPS classic style halo like area,ranked,btb and warZone. with the possibility to explore the ring with friends and forge it Possibly in any location on the ring.

As as far as features go I think we will see a lot return such as cliff grabbing, sprint and thrusters but I think they could be tweaked a bit.

As as far as armor I think their will be a lot and to unlock it I think it will take more of a halo reach approach with the mix of achievements and other stuff like exclusive like how recon was in halo 3 and hard armor to get like achillies.

> 2533274888477235;3:
> I hope to god 343 takes notes from what made the series popular and doesn’t stay to far from the halo formula. This could be a new beginning or the final nail in the coffin for 343. In my opinion the landscapes will be more open and more akin to halo ce but not open world. The huge development time isn’t due to creating a massive open world, its most likely due to building the slipspace engine.

I agree completely with you.

if it will become an open world game I hope that the main story will develop well, that the secondary missions will not be boring and repetitive and that the game will have a good duration

I find all of this hand wringing and worrying over the “open world” rumors kind of hilarious.

A big part of classic Halo is exploration and wonder. Silent Cartographer, Halo, and Mombasa Streets are some of the best levels in the history of the series. Seeing huge “open world” style levels in Halo would be badass as hell and pretty exciting honestly. It would be expanding upon the very foundations set by the Bungie games, not moving away from them. You can handcraft really well put together and more traditional linear shooting sections WITHIN these large spaces as Bungie keenly illustrated.

People saying open world design is inherently un-Halo don’t know what they’re talking about.

So I wouldn’t mind a HUB that is like the bridge or flight deck /loading dock of a ship much like the Pillar of Autumn that you can walk around grab weapons and prep for a mission after the briefing. Your faction power weapons and captured weapons outside of your faction could be behind a progression wall like Oni Intel room (or Sanghelie Trophey room for Covenant campaign).
The only question is how would a HUB flow well with the transition into the instant gameplay. IF you had to walk to the Pelican every time you wanted to start a quick match online it would get very tedious. However I am one who wants to see respawns moved to dropship and drop pod respawns instead of just teleporting in.