Open World AND Level Based Campaign like ODST

This is what I imagined:

The Campaign plays very similar to ODST. The Chief crash lands The frigate into The forerunner planner. The open world map is pretty big and very beautiful. The chief jumps out and explores. There are side missions you can do for civilians or forerunners. And when main quests are activated, you enter full Campaign levels.

When you Finnish the game, you can go back to the main map, and just screw around. I would assume this would be very fun considering 343 contains Bethesda designers.

What do you guys think?

Halo is not an RPG, so no. The HUB world worked for ODST because of the story being told and the way it was told. The story of the Chief would not work in such a manner.

How ever, an open-world approach to encounters would be welcome. What I mean is that you are give an objective but with no linear path to follow. Make your way to your goal in any manner the world allows.

> Halo is not an RPG, so no. The HUB world worked for ODST because of the story being told and the way it was told. The story of the Chief would not work in such a manner.
>
> How ever, an open-world approach to encounters would be welcome. What I mean is that you are give an objective but with no linear path to follow. Make your way to your goal in any manner the world allows.

^This

I think for the first couple missions Chief will explore the world then have to book it back to the frigates remains like in the Pikmin series, and he will find pieces to fix the frigate and escape the planet, making friends all the way.

> I think for the first couple missions Chief will explore the world then have to book it back to the frigates remains like in the Pikmin series, and he will find pieces to fix the frigate and escape the planet, making friends all the way.

Pikmin is a great series, but I don’t see chief carrying pieces back to a ship.