Open the ranks in competitive?

In some ranked playlists for example Halo Reach Invasion any level can match any level.
A level 1 could match a team of 50s.
Yes the level 1 would most likely get destoryed but atleast you’re about to find games.
Can 343 do this to more playlists?
I’m a 35 in Halo 3 Team Slayer and can’t find any games. Maybe 5 a day if I search for literally hours.
It would be cool to see 343 increase the search range so I could find games.

> 2533275012638778;1:
> In some ranked playlists for example Halo Reach Invasion any level can match any level.
> A level 1 could match a team of 50s.
> Yes the level 1 would most likely get destoryed but atleast you’re about to find games.
> Can 343 do this to more playlists?
> I’m a 35 in Halo 3 Team Slayer and can’t find any games. Maybe 5 a day if I search for literally hours.
> It would be cool to see 343 increase the search range so I could find games.

Im pretty sure its already a thing. I went up against a 40 in h3 when i was rank 1

I think the problem with the ranked is low population so it’ll be harder to find teams to match with for suitable fair matchmaking so not sure what else they could do with that.

> 2533274829873463;3:
> I think the problem with the ranked is low population so it’ll be harder to find teams to match with for suitable fair matchmaking so not sure what else they could do with that.

In the new hardcore 2v2 playlist teams of 2 can match team of 1s solo players. I think 343 should do that to all playlists!

> 2533275012638778;4:
> > 2533274829873463;3:
> > I think the problem with the ranked is low population so it’ll be harder to find teams to match with for suitable fair matchmaking so not sure what else they could do with that.
>
> In the new hardcore 2v2 playlist teams of 2 can match team of 1s solo players. I think 343 should do that to all playlists!

That might be a bit difficult to do since it’s generally easier to find 1-2 players in theory compared to modes that can have 8-16 players. Plus splitting the search might not be a good idea since games already struggle with population as it is since had long wait times.

They shouldn’t even have loose MMR searches for ranked, or parties vs Soloq’s.

If 343 gave more incentive to play ranked, it wouldn’t be as low as it is. I can barely find matches at 23. When I do get matched, it’s a stack of high 40s or 50s. So I essentially don’t play ranked on MCC. I can’t get my real ranking because of loose MMR and party searches (i’m defintely higher than the 20s and 30s, because I can out BR them all day(if I soloq i always get rank 1-10s on my team lol), and the population is very low. Even if I search with a party it still takes ages.

So far it’s: Oooh pretty number by my name. Maybe a seasonal. No other worthwhile reason to play it. Especially when social can have sweatier games, and can be more fun… I.E. 4v4 slayer and BTB.

I don’t think there is a solution to this problem on MCC. Numbers are too low, and infinite is gonna make the numbers almost non-existent. I’d just play Halo 5 or wait for infinite to get into the ranked grind, personally. At least in halo 5 I can find ranked matches, and gridning my way to high onyx mid tier onyx atm (champ… possibly but doubtful) on SWAT. It’s what I’m doing when not playing the MCC.

I’m sure that’d be great for you since you’re a 35 and a higher skilled player, but not for the majority of people in the lower ranks that you’re going to end up stomping on all day. Yes, I know about people just smurfing as well which isn’t ideal either, but there isn’t a good solution until a better matching system is in place.

It’s already the case. I’m seeing fresh 1’s in high level comp games, so even if the matches are a stomp, it’s already happening.

EDIT: Look at this. Taken 5 minutes ago:
33-33-32-23 vs 23-23-22-1