OP covies in halo wars

Does anyone else thin, that it is completely Yoink! how powerful all covennat Leader units are in multiplayer? If your a human facing covi no matter what leader, I get rushed and there is nothing I can do! Sure I can pump out units, butwhats that do against a Yoink! leader power that starts stronger than human powers, plus they don’t need to recharge. Plese MICROSOFT PAY ATTENTION TO THIS FOR THE “GOD WILLING” 2ND HALO WARS> OR PUT OUT A DAMN PATCH! If you can weaken warthogs, you can weaken the covi leaders just a little. To everyone else who read this , thanks for your time!

> Does anyone else thin, that it is completely Yoink! how powerful all covennat Leader units are in multiplayer? If your a human facing covi no matter what leader, I get rushed and there is nothing I can do! Sure I can pump out units, butwhats that do against a Yoink! leader power that starts stronger than human powers, plus they don’t need to recharge. Plese MICROSOFT PAY ATTENTION TO THIS FOR THE “GOD WILLING” 2ND HALO WARS> OR PUT OUT A DAMN PATCH! If you can weaken warthogs, you can weaken the covi leaders just a little. To everyone else who read this , thanks for your time!

I am not sure if this is fake or not. It is funny either way, but funnier if it was real.

> > Does anyone else thin, that it is completely Yoink! how powerful all covennat Leader units are in multiplayer? If your a human facing covi no matter what leader, I get rushed and there is nothing I can do! Sure I can pump out units, butwhats that do against a Yoink! leader power that starts stronger than human powers, plus they don’t need to recharge. Plese MICROSOFT PAY ATTENTION TO THIS FOR THE “GOD WILLING” 2ND HALO WARS> OR PUT OUT A DAMN PATCH! If you can weaken warthogs, you can weaken the covi leaders just a little. To everyone else who read this , thanks for your time!
>
> I am not sure if this is fake or not. It is funny either way, but funnier if it was real.

+1. If it’s real, just do what Exlax told you to do in the other thread.

Also, the short response is that the covenant units are so weak that if you nerfed the leaders, then no one could win with them. There are different types of play that go into each race, and once you get better you’ll learn how to deal with it. If you’re trolling, good job because this one’s pretty funny.

The covvy win % isn’t that much better than UNSC so they aren’t wildly out of balance. I would listen to the advice that the good players give you.

As for me I’m getting better but a rush by a GOOD player will beat me easily enough.

I’m a newb so the following advice may be bad:

– Against a Prophet 4-5 gunner hogs seem to work well for me. I can usually harrass him enough that he teleports away once his sheilds are down. Just make sure to keep the hogs moving so he can’t easily destroy them all. Hornets are not bad if you can get them out.

– Against a Brute Chieftan hogs might get rid of the chief if he isn’t good. If he is good then keep them moving and maybe ram his Brutes. If you go to his base, maybe kill some buildings and ram Brutes as they come out you may be OK. Maybe some flamers “in melee distance from Brutes” may work.

– Against a good Arbitor player good luck. Keep hogs WAY AWAY from him because he’ll kill them all in seconds. Hopefully keep up the pressure at his base so he can’t get enough reinforcements and decides to retreat. If you see him making a Summit try to kill it before it goes online.

Edit: On 2nd though read Exlax’s and other’s recommendation’s. There’s seem better than mine.

> The covvy win % isn’t that much better than UNSC so they aren’t wildly out of balance. I would listen to the advice that the good players give you.
>
> As for me I’m getting better but a rush by a GOOD player will beat me easily enough.
>
>
> ****************************************
>
> I’m a newb so the following advice may be bad:
>
> – Against a Prophet 4-5 gunner hogs seem to work well for me. I can usually harrass him enough that he teleports away once his sheilds are down. Just make sure to keep the hogs moving so he can’t easily destroy them all. Hornets are not bad if you can get them out.
>
> – Against a Brute Chieftan hogs might get rid of the chief if he isn’t good. If he is good then keep them moving and maybe ram his Brutes. If you go to his base, maybe kill some buildings and ram Brutes as they come out you may be OK. Maybe some flamers “in melee distance from Brutes” may work.
>
> – Against a good Arbitor player good luck. Keep hogs WAY AWAY from him because he’ll kill them all in seconds. Hopefully keep up the pressure at his base so he can’t get enough reinforcements and decides to retreat. If you see him making a Summit try to kill it before it goes online.
>
> Edit: On 2nd though read Exlax’s and other’s recommendation’s. There’s seem better than mine.

This is actually the best advice I’ve seen from a “newb”. You should always go gunner hogs right off the bat against covie. Go to their base and hack at their buildings, force them to recall. Once they recall, run away and repeat. Do not let them freely roam around the map. Keep them at their base.

When you’re harassing an Arbiter’s base, you have to be extra careful. Hogs are really important and you don’t want to lose them. Keep one hog near the covie teleporter so you know when the Arbiter recalls. Get the hell outta there before he rages all your hogs.

If they decide to get turrets up just keep building up on hogs and research grenadier while getting an airpad up. Hornets and hogs are a really tough combo for covie to overpower. The most important thing now is timing your attack. Once you have enough hogs and hornets go to the covie base and drop a d-bomb. Rape the base. Get the most out of your d-bomb and drop it as soon as the Brute/Arbiter recalls. Prophet should not be a problem.

Hope this helps.

Thanks but honestly I wouldn’t have a clue without good advice from posters here. I’ve tried a lot of advice and it does tend to help a LOT [when I manage to execute the advice properly]

When I first started I couldn’t compete with even a BAD rush. Now I welcome a BAD rush. However vs. competent players I’m easily below 50% so I’ve got MILES to go.

> Thanks but honestly I wouldn’t have a clue without good advice from posters here. I’ve tried a lot of advice and it does tend to help a LOT [when I manage to execute the advice properly]
>
> When I first started I couldn’t compete with even a BAD rush. Now I welcome a BAD rush. However vs. competent players I’m easily below 50% so I’ve got MILES to go.

Ahh yes its a long journey to become even decent at the game, especially if you’re new to RTS. Pro advice should quicken it a LOT though. Just keep trying and asking for advice, watching videos, etc. With all of this advice, you will soon be able to reach at least 35 TS.

One great strategy for learning is putting yourself in your enemies shoes.

If you are struggling with enemy leader rushes, do it yourself to the best of your ability, and see how someone else would counter this situation. Find out waht makes it difficult for your rush to continue/be succesful, and utilize those same ideas when you are in the defensive position.

Despite what people think, turrets are still your best friend.

> Despite what people think, turrets are still your best friend.

Exactly.Even if a completely upgraded turret doesn’t do the job, at least it bought you time.

There isn’t actually any op leader anymore, the covie can be hard to defend against at times however do it correctly and stay in the long enough and the UNSC will have much more stronger units that should kill the leaders without much of a problem.

> > Despite what people think, turrets are still your best friend.
>
> Exactly.Even if a completely upgraded turret doesn’t do the job, at least it bought you time.

you mean built turret right? upgrading turrets is a waste of time.

> > > Despite what people think, turrets are still your best friend.
> >
> > Exactly.Even if a completely upgraded turret doesn’t do the job, at least it bought you time.
>
> you mean built turret right? upgrading turrets is a waste of time.

I meant through field armory upgrades like medium turrets. The better upgraded, the more time you buy in case your busy killing another base. Only do it if it’s actually crucial to your plan though.

> > > > Despite what people think, turrets are still your best friend.
> > >
> > > Exactly.Even if a completely upgraded turret doesn’t do the job, at least it bought you time.
> >
> > you mean built turret right? upgrading turrets is a waste of time.
>
> I meant through field armory upgrades like medium turrets. The better upgraded, the more time you buy in case your busy killing another base. Only do it if it’s actually crucial to your plan though.

upgrading turrets is a big waste

> > > > > Despite what people think, turrets are still your best friend.
> > > >
> > > > Exactly.Even if a completely upgraded turret doesn’t do the job, at least it bought you time.
> > >
> > > you mean built turret right? upgrading turrets is a waste of time.
> >
> > I meant through field armory upgrades like medium turrets. The better upgraded, the more time you buy in case your busy killing another base. Only do it if it’s actually crucial to your plan though.
>
> upgrading turrets is a big waste

Really? I was actually able to lure a prophet to come over to my turret line of sight after getting pushed around by my spartans. He then died after a few shots.

> Really? I was actually able to lure a prophet to come over to my turret line of sight after getting pushed around by my spartans. He then died after a few shots.

Upgrading your turrets early game is a waste of time, you have to build a field armory (-1 supply pad) and turrets. Those resources could go to better use like getting tanks which will kill leaders fast.

> > Really? I was actually able to lure a prophet to come over to my turret line of sight after getting pushed around by my spartans. He then died after a few shots.
>
> Upgrading your turrets early game is a waste of time, you have to build a field armory (-1 supply pad) and turrets. Those resources could go to better use like getting tanks which will kill leaders fast.

I built them later when i had a better economy.

Turrets are handy if you can build them without overly impacting your ability to build up your own base & troops.

On the other hand the 2300 resources to build fully upgraded turrets for one base is a TON of resources. I may not be doing it right but I’ll usually wait until I have a 2nd base before I even build the field armory. Even then first order of business is to get more troops / build troops faster.

> Turrets are handy if you can build them without overly impacting your ability to build up your own base & troops.
>
> On the other hand the 2300 resources to build fully upgraded turrets for one base is a TON of resources. I may not be doing it right but I’ll usually wait until I have a 2nd base before I even build the field armory. Even then first order of business is to get more troops / build troops faster.

I don’t play UNSC very much, but yes I imagine the first priority is the training time upgrade. There’s probably a certain point at which you should do it too, though you’d have to ask one of the higher level players.

units wise nothing is op, just some of the maps and 3v3 leader combos are op.

the game is pretty balanced. its just people who have no idea how to play the game. rushes are very easy to counter. hogs are countered by turret + tank. if they make a full population of gauss by ten minutes then u are bad and they are good. fair game and stop crying… improve yourself

on frozen valley with the heal its vpossible to kills 2 prophets in under 5 minutes with a handful of gunner hogs. however its also possible for one prophet to kills a dozen hogs in under 5 minutes. go figure