Onslaught mode

I had this idea while playing Gears Of War’s Beast Mode.

Would you like a game mode where you play as increasingly powerful covenant and Flood? For example, you will start as a grunt, then a jackal, then a Flood Human and so on. You would be on a four-player team and would slowly attack positions held by civilians (like Nightfall on Reach), then Marines and to finish it off, a few bonus/boss rounds, with Spartans (Chief, NOBLE etc.) an maybe some key characters from the games like Johnson or Keyes (both the lady-soldier and the cap’n).

The humans would either travel around the map, moving around and fighting here and there but spreading out, or holding out in a certain area or building and waiting for the wee little player-controlled Grunt to waddle around the corner and both the grunt and the player to scream “PEOPLE! Ruuuunnnn!!!”

But yes, in all seriousness, I think this would be a good, fun game mode on Halo 4, and I’m NOT copying Gears, as 343 could make this SO much better!

Do you like this idea? Yes? No?

I like it! This would be rather intresting actually. Have 2 seperate modes where in one you play as Covenant forces against Humans and another where you can play as the Flood against either Human or Covenant. THis would draw alot of attention to online multiplayer as people have always made mods in order to play as these characters.

The last playable person should be a Precursor =P

You realize Onslaught is what Battlefield called its “firefight” mode, right?

> You realize Onslaught is what Battlefield called its “firefight” mode, right?

Does it matter? Plenty of games reuse titles for game modes.

> The last playable person should be a Precursor =P

Betst idea I’ve ever seen for Halo 4.

> > The last playable person should be a Precursor =P
>
> Betst idea I’ve ever seen for Halo 4.

Aww! You’re making me blush!

this is ahmazing

Smart indeed. The chance to finally play as a grunt and shoot the living -Yoink- out of humanity tickles me pink.

And probably be able to play as flood too. For example, you would spawn as a group f spores, and you see (in third person) the flood swarm running wherever you want it to. And instead of health, individual spores would die until there is none left, meaning that you re spawn. You would then infect marines and control them, leaving the flood spore swarm to run and go crazy as you assume command of the marines body. Do you like this idea, as well?

Oh and the last wave of survivors should be forerunners. :slight_smile: I’d like that.