Only start with 5 MP maps in Halo 4!

Now you might all think I am crazy by writing that title.

WHAT ONLY 5 MAPS WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!

Well if this next thing is possible to be created we will only need 5 to start out on launch date.

I suggest we lower the amount of maps so 343i doesn’t spend much time on that and have a lot of their time truely focused on a MAP MAKER!

Think to be able to create your own landscapes and environments! To be able to remake any of your favorite Halo maps from Headlong to Blood Gulch all the way down to Midship exactly how they used to be.

To be able to create anything from mountains to buildings the possibilites are endless.
If this was created all we would need is 5 maps to start out then we can put in true great maps made by the community

We can have a playlist filled with every great Past Halo map!

We could have a playlist filled with Community BTB maps some with snow and mountains and some deserted and flat.

We could truely make tight CGC maps with choke points. MLG could truely creates some masterpieces.

Finally I would like to add the idea of having a Custom Game Browser. This way you can share all your maps and play all your favorite custom games with a button.
It would be setup kinda like how CE works on the PC (except a little more detailed) and you can start your own game or go searching for your favorite infection gametype or a truely competitive slayer game. Also you can tag lobbies so you can write Map Testing. Mics needed. Crazy Games come join the fun. and so on.

Now if you support this thread comment sign and if you have thoughts or disagree tell me I would like to know.

Edit: So what I have heard from the post so far is how the community will make crap maps and nothing good would be put into matchmaking!
Well with a Custom Game Browser the top maps can be tested by people way before they ever get implanted into matchmaking.
Thousands of games will be played by the community to make the map perfect.

Also I don’t think people really understand this system.
Forge 3.0 will be nothing like the regular forge. If you have Halo Custom Edition you’ll know what I am talking about I mean you start from scratch and have the complete ability to create your own maps.
Here is and example:
Soo lets say you want to make a Headlong remake well with this new mode you can make the buildings look exactly the same color, texture, etc. You can put the dirt on the ground and put the exact bridge on the map. Or if you want to mix it up a bit you can make it snowing and make the water in the distance ice.

that is just an example of how it would work.

no.
5 maps? really?

I would prefer, if anyone to make remakes, 343i to do so.

And there is the possibility that all the maps suck, or that it is fixed so that the blue team always wins and are able to spawn kill.

Besides, 343i has a whole year to work on halo 4, im sure they will please us when it comes to a map editor.

Of course the idea of a mapmaker is something the Halo community has dreamed of since the idea of forge was first revealed to us.

Unfortunately with MS custom content rules i don’t even know if its possible.

Also just because they have a map maker doesn’t mean they have to decrease the number of maps. Especially when Halo has had a reputation for incredible maps. I think the community should have a map maker, but not at the expense of traditional multiplayer maps.

I’d rather not. The forge maps in Reach’s matchmaking mainly don’t play well at all, with a few gems here and there, but to put those same people in charge of making maps to implement into Halo 4’s matchmaking vs. the professional people working at 343 hired for that purpose doesn’t spell out great maps in Halo 4 at all.

I am gonna have to go with no. Maps need tested and tested again. I don’t wanna wait forever for new maps.

Bungie tried it in Reach and failed, so the answer is NO.

Ok well the point of this thread wasn’t as much about just 5 basic maps as it is to a great map maker.

Its about time Halo fans get that!
It would be a dream come true.

Honestly I said reduce the amount of maps to start out with just so 343i has more time to spend on the map maker itself.

The better the map maker the better maps get put into matchmaking.

Also I am aware of that most of the community really sucks at map making however, if 343i were to make an aliance with the people over at forge hub help test and find some great maps. Which they already do then I dont see why this cant be done TBH.

There are plenty of great ammature map makers out there I mean look at some of the forge maps that have been made.

This would just make it that much better.

No experiments with Halo anymore. We know how Halo has to be played and how it feels, don´t make it worse and try to do stupid things.

No. 343 have Microsoft backing 'em up; they’re huge. They could easily get another company to make maps. We need more than 5 maps. Bungie gave us the lame excuse of ‘quality over quantity’, but if Halo 2 has anything to say about it quantity owns quality.

Give us lots of maps, and give each map a unique atmosphere. Maps, maps, maps! Nom, nom, nom, nom! I want more!

Ok well can we agree a map maker like this should be implemented.

> if 343i were to make an aliance with the people over at forge hub help test and find some great maps.

Most of the maps over at Forgehub suck. Major League Gaming has many better maps in their forum, and almost all of them are near perfect levels of quality. Let’s save a map maker for Halo 5 though. 343 is probably working on Forge 3.0. I’d like to see many improvements from 2.0 to 3.0, more so than from 1.0 to 2.0, but a map maker is pushing it too far. Environments, Weather (Replacing FX), more realistic objects, much more variety in objects (About 5x as much as Forge 2.0 per Environment), and a working delete all feature is all we need to create some amazing maps. We need to keep the simplicity of Forge. It’ll get closer to becoming like a map maker, but it’s not quite there yet.

> Half of the community maps are crap.
>
> Hell no.

But what about the other ones? That means there’s thousands of good maps. And even if one in every hundred are good enough for matchmaking that’s still hundreds. I like this idea. There will be dozens of maps exponentially better than any Halo map ever created, just because of the number and skill of community forgers.

I don’t know if this 5 maps thing is true but if it is, I’m dissapointed. I don’t want a map editor. Improve upon Reach’s forge by adding Authenticity to the map, and I want 343 to make their own maps! I don’t want re-makes of old maps (although it’s not a bad thing). I want new maps that are specific to Halo 4!

I would rather play Halo 4 and enjoy a new set of maps that will make me thing “Wow”, adding to the great collection of previous Halo game maps. Yes the community can make great maps, but by improving Reach forge, that can be done easilly. The company made maps are always the maps you remember mostly.

I don’t like the community maps, The original maps such as powerhouse or swordbase play really well because they have been extensively playtested.

These community maps don’t seem to have been playtested much and they all feel similar with all the grey anyway.

I wouldn’t mind if they eventually released online a Reach or even Halo 4 version of the HEK (Halo Editing Kit), and allowed the community to create and submit their own maps for 343 to review and add to the game or something (like Halo 2 Vista or Halo: Custom Edition). But as for devoting studio resources to it? No. Just publicly release the resources they already use, and that’s quite good enough.

> I don’t know if this 5 maps thing is true but if it is, I’m dissapointed. I don’t want a map editor. Improve upon Reach’s forge by adding Authenticity to the map, and I want 343 to make their own maps! I don’t want re-makes of old maps (although it’s not a bad thing). I want new maps that are specific to Halo 4!
>
> I would rather play Halo 4 and enjoy a new set of maps that will make me thing “Wow”, adding to the great collection of previous Halo game maps. Yes the community can make great maps, but by improving Reach forge, that can be done easilly. The company made maps are always the maps you remember mostly.

No no no.
The 5 maps was just an example for me to show they should spend more time on a true map maker they probabley wont be doing this and will have 12 maps to start of with.

Honestly though the if we had a map editor the community wouldn’t complain about lack of snow maps, or no Sandtrap, or I want Elephants or on my maps, or the lack of covenant space maps, you can make anything you want just like how it is in Custom Edition.

> I wouldn’t mind if they eventually released online a Reach or even Halo 4 version of the HEK (Halo Editing Kit), and allowed the community to create and submit their own maps for 343 to review and add to the game or something (like Halo 2 Vista or Halo: Custom Edition). But as for devoting studio resources to it? No. Just publicly release the resources they already use, and that’s quite good enough.

This is exactly what I meant by this forum. The community could make an endless supply of maps and then 343i could make a spereate team just to test maps.

Or if a Custom Game Browser happens they could put the highest rated maps or most played maps on the front and then go from there.

Or they could work with MLG and Forgehub to help test and find great maps.

I mean think of it being able to play grifball in a volcanoe or maybe a snowstorm ontop of ice. The possibilites are endless.

Instead of spending time on a map maker, they should be concerned with the campaign first.

You know, based on how good the maps were for Defiant, I’d almost say have 343 do no maps at all, and just contract Certain Affinity to make like 20 of them.

> You know, based on how good the maps were for Defiant, I’d almost say have 343 do no maps at all, and just contract Certain Affinity to make like 20 of them.

Yes Defiant was very good and if I am not mistaken CA also did a Halo 2 map pack.