Only 8 missions!

I noticed in the Bulletin that there are no achievements for missions 9 and 10.
This leads me to believe that there is no mission 9 and 10.
Is this true?
Have 343 confirmed otherwise?
Link to Bulletin: https://halo.xbox.com/blogs/Headlines/post/2012/08/22/The-Halo-Bulletin-82212.aspx

There are 8 missions yes… but don’t panic the game will have a decent length.

Each mission will be quite long.

the levels will have have more than one environment in them like having jungle, forest and a beach all i one level

What if those missions were all as long as AotCR, tTB or Delta Halo? Heck, even if most are as long as the Silent Cartographer, these 8 missions are still longer than most games’ of the past 5 years.

Simple numbers don’t speak volumes. They’re just simple numbers.

> What if those missions were all as long as AotCR, tTB or Delta Halo? Heck, even if most are as long as the Silent Cartographer, these 8 missions are still longer than most games’ of the past 5 years.
>
> <mark>Simple numbers don’t speak volumes. They’re just simple numbers.
[/quote]
</mark>
>
> ^indeed

> What if those missions were all as long as AotCR, tTB or Delta Halo? Heck, even if most are as long as the Silent Cartographer, these 8 missions are still longer than most games’ of the past 5 years.
>
> Simple numbers don’t speak volumes. They’re just simple numbers.

Then add Spartan Ops to that. Since Spartan Ops is basically a second Campaign mode.

Regardless, it still seems like a bit of a cop out. Seems to me that it’s a good way to get away with a shorter campaign by having a mildly lengthened mission each time.

The exact quantity of missions does not necessarily indicate how long the game will be, as has been said many times before. The missions in Halo 4 have been confirmed to be big.

> > What if those missions were all as long as AotCR, tTB or Delta Halo? Heck, even if most are as long as the Silent Cartographer, these 8 missions are still longer than most games’ of the past 5 years.
> >
> > Simple numbers don’t speak volumes. They’re just simple numbers.
>
> Then add Spartan Ops to that. Since Spartan Ops is basically a second Campaign mode.

Which has been confirmed to be longer that Halo 3: ODST’s campaign. So if anything, we’re getting two campaigns for the price of one.

Quality over Quantity.

> > What if those missions were all as long as AotCR, tTB or Delta Halo? Heck, even if most are as long as the Silent Cartographer, these 8 missions are still longer than most games’ of the past 5 years.
> >
> > Simple numbers don’t speak volumes. They’re just simple numbers.
>
> Then add Spartan Ops to that. Since <mark>Spartan Ops is basically a second Campaign mode.</mark>

No, Spartan Ops is a kind-of replacement for Firefight. It’s not at all as if we’re getting more content.

> Quality over Quantity.

What about Halo 2. That was massive and quality!
8 missions is just so much smaller. Even if the missions are longer, they can’t be a whole hour longer collectively.

> Regardless, it still seems like a bit of a cop out. Seems to me that it’s a good way to get away with a shorter campaign by having a mildly lengthened mission each time.

What are you talking about? That doesn’t make any sense. They’ve written a story, designed missions and encounters and then had the decision as to how to divide the “levels” and chose these eight. We don’t know the reasons, or the points and counter points in that meeting.

Damn I get so annoyed at people who don’t consider how decisions are made.

The number of missions can have ZERO bearing on the length of a campaign.

(Also, the idea that games are short, unlike games of the past that were long is largely incorrect (there’re exceptions, H:CE comes to mind) but many many games were quite short.

That’s not a bad thing

Hasn’t it been confirmed that it’s the longest Halo campaign yet?

I wouldn’t worry…

> > Regardless, it still seems like a bit of a cop out. Seems to me that it’s a good way to get away with a shorter campaign by having a mildly lengthened mission each time.
>
> What are you talking about? That doesn’t make any sense. They’ve written a story, designed missions and encounters and then had the decision as to how to divide the “levels” and chose these eight. We don’t know the reasons, or the points and counter points in that meeting.
>
> Damn I get so annoyed at people who don’t consider how decisions are made.
>
> The number of missions can have ZERO bearing on the length of a campaign.
>
> (Also, the idea that games are short, unlike games of the past that were long is largely incorrect (there’re exceptions, H:CE comes to mind) but many many games were quite short.

Games of the past were by and large the same length no-doubt. But what about Halo 1 and 2?
And the missions can only be so much longer to accommodate for the missing ones…

> > > Regardless, it still seems like a bit of a cop out. Seems to me that it’s a good way to get away with a shorter campaign by having a mildly lengthened mission each time.
> >
> > What are you talking about? That doesn’t make any sense. They’ve written a story, designed missions and encounters and then had the decision as to how to divide the “levels” and chose these eight. We don’t know the reasons, or the points and counter points in that meeting.
> >
> > Damn I get so annoyed at people who don’t consider how decisions are made.
> >
> > The number of missions can have ZERO bearing on the length of a campaign.
> >
> > (Also, the idea that games are short, unlike games of the past that were long is largely incorrect (there’re exceptions, H:CE comes to mind) but many many games were quite short.
>
> Games of the past were by and large the same length no-doubt. But what about Halo 1 and 2?
> And the missions can only be so much longer to accommodate for the missing ones…

The number of missions are arbitrary. There can be 30 missions and the campaign being only four hours long. Or there could be eight missions and be a decent length campaign, perhaps being between 8 and 10 hours.

> Hasn’t it been confirmed that it’s the longest Halo campaign yet?
>
> I wouldn’t worry…

If that’s so, then that’s not a problem, I’m just very skeptical that it actually will be.

> > > > Regardless, it still seems like a bit of a cop out. Seems to me that it’s a good way to get away with a shorter campaign by having a mildly lengthened mission each time.
> > >
> > > What are you talking about? That doesn’t make any sense. They’ve written a story, designed missions and encounters and then had the decision as to how to divide the “levels” and chose these eight. We don’t know the reasons, or the points and counter points in that meeting.
> > >
> > > Damn I get so annoyed at people who don’t consider how decisions are made.
> > >
> > > The number of missions can have ZERO bearing on the length of a campaign.
> > >
> > > (Also, the idea that games are short, unlike games of the past that were long is largely incorrect (there’re exceptions, H:CE comes to mind) but many many games were quite short.
> >
> > Games of the past were by and large the same length no-doubt. But what about Halo 1 and 2?
> > And the missions can only be so much longer to accommodate for the missing ones…
>
> The number of missions are arbitrary. There can be 30 missions and the campaign being only four hours long. Or there could be eight missions and be a decent length campaign, perhaps being between 8 and 10 hours.

To match H1 or 2 that would require every mission to be over 1 hour…
Not gonna happen

I’d rather have many moderate length levels as opposed to few long ones. Long Halo levels, like the ones in CE, were kind of boring after a while.

They better have rally points so we can jump into our favorite parts of the campaign instead of playing these long levels from the start.