Only 8 Campaign Levels?

Hey it’s late. I woke up and decided to look online at halo stuff. Apparently Halo 4 has only 8 campaign levels? WTFH!? That is the fewest number of levels in the entire series! One major issue with Halo 3 was the fact that it felt so short.

Halo CE had 10 meandering levels, Halo 2 had 15! levels, one of which was a cutscene, and another was a tutorial, but still 13 fully playable levels (and they wern’t short). Next is Halo 3 with 10 leveles, one of which was a cutscene and tutorial, so 9 playable levels (also they felt really short to me). Now for Halo ODST, again we have 10 levels, one of which was a cutscene. However the adition of mombasa streets was an interesting new direction. Overall odst also felt short, but it was suposed to be an add on. Halo Reach had 11 levels, one was a cutscne and another was that never ending fire fight at the end. So 9 fully playable levels. These levels seemed to be a decent length. Now we come to the great Halo 4… The return of the Master Chief! Only 8 named campaign levels. This does not seem promissing. I know they are going to have Spartan ops co op levels, but come on… that is an add on. I want at least a full 9 levels of fun with the Chief. Now maybe each level is like 20 hours long, but I doubt it. I fear that Halo 4 is going to be the shortest game in the franchise :frowning:

Stats:
Halo CE 10 Full levels
Halo 2 13 Full levels
Halo 3 9 Short levels
Halo odst 9 Short levels (one unique mombasa streets)
Halo Reach 9 Full levels (+Lone wolf fire fight ending)
Halo 4 8 Named levels (estimate one cutscene level so 7 playable levels:( )

[deleted]

> Halo 4 8 Named levels (estimate one cutscene level so 7 playable levels:( )

All the missions are playable; none of them are cutscenes far as I’m aware.

There are 8 missions as you said:

Dawn
Requiem
Forerunner
Infinity
Reclaimer
Composer
Shutdown
Midnight

However, I’m pretty sure each mission is pretty damn long.

Hopefully it’ll be longer than the campaign in Reach. That was pathetically short and had no real reason to play it again except for difficulty.

Quality over Quantity. Plus, those are just the amount of levels. Those levels may be 80 minutes long each.

They are probably super long, so stop worrying.

The missions are long, and Frankie said that some missions will even have complete environmental changes.

That basically means that some missions are 2 in 1. :slight_smile:
He also said that it is a “Halo-size Campaign”, so we can expect it to be long like CE or Halo 2. :slight_smile:

And dont forget about spartan ops!

Halo 2 had an exceptionally long campaign, so it shouldn’t be used as a benchmark. 9 or 10 missions was the amount I was expecting, with at least one of them being a full cutscene or introductory mission. Assuming all 8 are full missions, then Halo 4’s Campaign should fit basically into that range. And if every mission is as long as The Ark in Halo 3, the Campaign will be significantly longer than Halo 3’s Campaign, (and probably rivaling Halo 2’s in playtime).

Yes… 8 long missions. Relax.

I prefer a short and sweet main campaign. We have longevity with spartan ops.

each mission is about 30-45 mins on normal :frowning: I got spoiled by leaked walkthroughts and this was the time of the most of the vids

Reach had eight if you exclude the ‘Noble Actual’ cutscene, and the ‘Lone Wolf’ mission.

8 Missions of SUUUUUUUUUPER long fun.
We have 2 separate disks for a reason you know?

Edited by moderator - please do not discuss or post leaked content, real or fake.

Hope so. Can’t get enough of it and from the sounds of things from people returning from PAX and other events, Halo is still Halo, so hoping for a pretty sweet campaign. Can’t get enough Halo and can’t wait 10 days but guess we’ll just have to.

PS: Hope the missions feel or look better than that grey/brown firt mission “Forerunner”. Although the gameplay itself in that, the enemies and the use of vehicles looked pretty damn sweet!

> 8 Missions of SUUUUUUUUUPER long fun.
> We have 2 separate disks for a reason you know?

Actually, the second disc is just for installing the Mutliplayer, then you can throw it away.
It requires your XBOX to have 8GB at least, from which you need 4GB free for the installation.

Everything else can be played trough the first disc then. :slight_smile:

> > 8 Missions of SUUUUUUUUUPER long fun.
> > We have 2 separate disks for a reason you know?
>
> Actually, the second disc is just for installing the Mutliplayer, then you can throw it away.
> It requires your XBOX to have 8GB at least, from which you need 4GB free for the installation.
>
> Everything else can be played trough the first disc then. :slight_smile:

And we need a second disk for installing multiplayer because the campaign took up all the space on the disk? #ImGuessingHere

The sooner the better. I’ve been hearing you get mark VI armor for beating legendary and that’s the only armor I like. So I’m not gonna complain about the number of missions to get that armor and those achievements.

Its been said that it has fewer missions but roughly the same play time has halo reach because its missions take longer to complete.