Only 1 or two gametypes per playlist

343 is being lazy in my opinion in their implementation of multiple gametypes in a single playlist, thus making playing a gametype you want a democratic process instead of a personal choice. It is at 3 or 4 gametypes with infinity slayer(not including dlc gametypes) now since they were brilliant enough to axe legendary slayer as its own playlist. Here are my thoughts on improvements to Halo 4 matchmaking selections.

• 343s implementation of legendary slayer was the cause of its low population and not the gametype itself IMO. It needed at least a BR gametpe from the beginning and magnum as a default secondary starter in the regular legendary slayer. It also needed more maps, which 343 is too lazy to provide, as a single person can modify the weapon spawns for all the maps to fit legendary in a week of casual changes with custom game tests. So why was legendary slayer stuck with 4-5 maps for so long?

• I and probably many others would rather play the gametype we feel like playing even if the population may be thin instead of having to hope other people vote our way and then hope the people who didn’t get their way don’t quit and leave you down a man or two.

• DO NOT make achievements for DLC if there will not always be a chance to obtain those achievements. For example, what if someone wanted achievements from the crimson DLC. How exactly would someone go about getting achievements for maps you cant play on anymore. I have maintained all DLC for Halo 4 and have played on crimson maps once or twice in the past few months. A simple solution would at the very least be a playlist where you vote for a DLC then vote for a map from that DLC. A complete and full solution would be to have Playlists for each individual DLC in perpetuity. We payed to obtain them and should be able to play on those maps whenever we choose in multiplayer.

• Halo is different from most other shooters because of its flexibility in game modes and creation of maps so why isnt this pushed more by 343 and in prior times Bungie. With the reception of the Halo Reach level Long Night of Solace, why wasnt a space fighter mode implemented in multiplayer? It would have been an interesting idea, and suceed or fail it would not have been costly to implement since all the models for the vehicles are in the game regardless. On a side note why isnt EVERY vehicle usable in forge/custom games. Even having to play through the campaign first to unlock them would be acceptable however them being in the game but locked is not.

• Bring back the Invasion gametype. Dominion is nice, and the inclusion of lockdown was thoughtful(even though it sucks) but invasion was very popular so why dismiss it?

• REMOVE SHUTOUT from every playlist except for team snipers. It is a horrible map and not competitively balanced since the weapon spawns and campable areas favor a single defensible area of the map. With the multitude of halo maps to draw from your choice in bringing back that map is beyond me since I dont even think it was popular when it returned in halo 3. At least from what I was told, hear from random people, and the general avoidance of the map in H3.

• Teams who are left outnumbered in a game should receive a bonus of some sort to compensate. For example in slayer if its 2v4 the 2 people should have 1.5x shields or a full overshield. This should be done only when the game make no attempt to add no players to an ongoing game.

• There should be a change host option during gameplay. If ~50% of both teams request a host change during a game because of lag the game should abide by that instead of forcing people to either play through intense lag or simple quit(leading to my above bulletpoint about shielding)

• If custom button layouts and/or the inclusion of the chatpad as part of the button schemes isnt going to be done then at the very least change how ordinance/grenade selection works. To obtain ordinance you should have to hold the directional button for a short interval so you can have ordinance for later and still be able to change grenades. This is a stopgap and the real solution should be custom button layouts. This is the age of DLC and updating and as such it should be on you to fix exploits based on our custom layouts as we report them and not have us deal with ineffective button layout because the great 343 cant be bothered.I say 343 and dont include Bungie because 343 is adding buttons on top of what already existed while Bungie only re-purposed a button from H3 in Reach but Bungie is not completely innocent either.

• FIX THE ACTIVE CAMO GLITCH! I find the regular use of active camouflage annoying but tactical(at least in the current scheme of Call of Halo) The glitch is broken in its effectiveness and has led me to completely not use active camo in fear of tainting my kills by accidentally using the glitch and not being aware of it.

• Fix the glitch with the regeneration field in which it activates but will not catalyse a shield recharge. This is not a first priority as it happens only on occasion but it should be looked into. Perhaps by coding it so that it continually activates itself but each self activation leads to a shorter duration in which will allow it to run out normally but bypass any momentary bug during the initial activation.

What are other peoples thoughts and ideas?

> 343 is being lazy in my opinion of having multiple gametypes in a single playlist making playing a gametype you want a democratic process instead of a personal choice. It is at 3 or 4 gametypes with infinity slayer(not including dlc gametypes) now since they were brilliant enough to axe legendary slayer as its own playlist.
>
> Also 343 you implementation of legendary slayer was the cause of its low population and not the gametype itself. It needed at least a br gametpe from the beginning and magnum as a default secondary starter in the regular legendary slayer. It also needed more maps, which 343 is too lazy to provide as a single person can modify the weapon spawns for all the maps to fit legendary in a week of casual changes with custom game tests.
>
> <mark>One last thing REMOVE SHUTOUT from every gametype except for team snipers. It is a horrible map and not competitive since the weapon spawns and campable areas favor a single defensible area of the map. With the multitude of halo maps to draw from your choice in bringing back that map is beyond me. /Rant</mark>

ill agree with this for sure.

in regards to the playlist id say id rather have a few options to vote for and a high pop to choose from as the lag in this game is bad enough (from an already low pop).

I would agree if it was only 1 or two gametypes per playlist, but every playlist feels like action sack now. If I wish to play a specific gametype online I should have at least a 50% change on a given playlist and not 20%-30%.

I also have modified my original post. Just so you know.

> 343 is being lazy in my opinion in their implementation of multiple gametypes in a single playlist, thus making playing a gametype you want a democratic process instead of a personal choice. It is at 3 or 4 gametypes with infinity slayer(not including dlc gametypes) now since they were brilliant enough to axe legendary slayer as its own playlist. Here are my thoughts on improvements to Halo 4 matchmaking selections.
>
> - 343s implementation of legendary slayer was the cause of its low population and not the gametype itself IMO. It needed at least a BR gametpe from the beginning and magnum as a default secondary starter in the regular legendary slayer. It also needed more maps, which 343 is too lazy to provide, as a single person can modify the weapon spawns for all the maps to fit legendary in a week of casual changes with custom game tests. So why was legendary slayer stuck with 4-5 maps for so long?
>
> - I and probably many others would rather play the gametype we feel like playing even if the population may be thin instead of having to hope other people vote our way and then hope the people who didn’t get their way don’t quit and leave you down a man or two.
>
> - DO NOT make achievements for DLC if there will not always be a chance to obtain those achievements. For example, what if someone wanted achievements from the crimson DLC. How exactly would someone go about getting achievements for maps you cant play on anymore. I have maintained all DLC for Halo 4 and have played on crimson maps once or twice in the past few months. A simple solution would at the very least be a playlist where you vote for a DLC then vote for a map from that DLC. A complete and full solution would be to have Playlists for each individual DLC in perpetuity. We payed to obtain them and should be able to play on those maps whenever we choose in multiplayer.
>
> - Halo is different from most other shooters because of its flexibility in game modes and creation of maps so why isnt this pushed more by 343 and in prior times Bungie. With the reception of the Halo Reach level Long Night of Solace, why wasnt a space fighter mode implemented in multiplayer? It would have been an interesting idea, and suceed or fail it would not have been costly to implement since all the models for the vehicles are in the game regardless. On a side note why isnt EVERY vehicle usable in forge/custom games. Even having to play through the campaign first to unlock them would be acceptable however them being in the game but locked is not.
>
> - Bring back the Invasion gametype. Dominion is nice, and the inclusion of lockdown was thoughtful(even though it sucks) but invasion was very popular so why dismiss it?
>
>
> - REMOVE SHUTOUT from every playlist except for team snipers. It is a horrible map and not competitively balanced since the weapon spawns and campable areas favor a single defensible area of the map. With the multitude of halo maps to draw from your choice in bringing back that map is beyond me since I dont even think it was popular when it returned in halo 3. At least from what I was told, hear from random people, and the general avoidance of the map in H3.
>
> - <mark>Teams who are left outnumbered in a game should receive a bonus of some sort to compensate. For example in slayer if its 2v4 the 2 people should have 1.5x shields or a full overshield. This should be done only when the game make no attempt to add no players to an ongoing game.</mark>
>
> - There should be a change host option during gameplay. If ~50% of both teams request a host change during a game because of lag the game should abide by that instead of forcing people to either play through intense lag or simple quit(leading to my above bulletpoint about shielding)
>
> - If custom button layouts and/or the inclusion of the chatpad as part of the button schemes isnt going to be done then at the very least change how ordinance/grenade selection works. To obtain ordinance you should have to hold the directional button for a short interval so you can have ordinance for later and still be able to change grenades. This is a stopgap and the real solution should be custom button layouts. This is the age of DLC and updating and as such it should be on you to fix exploits based on our custom layouts as we report them and not have us deal with ineffective button layout because the great 343 cant be bothered.I say 343 and dont include Bungie because 343 is adding buttons on top of what already existed while Bungie only re-purposed a button from H3 in Reach but Bungie is not completely innocent either.
>
> - FIX THE ACTIVE CAMO GLITCH! I find the regular use of active camouflage annoying but tactical(at least in the current scheme of Call of Halo) The glitch is broken in its effectiveness and has led me to completely not use active camo in fear of tainting my kills by accidentally using the glitch and not being aware of it.
>
> - Fix the glitch with the regeneration field in which it activates but will not catalyse a shield recharge. This is not a first priority as it happens only on occasion but it should be looked into. Perhaps by coding it so that it continually activates itself but each self activation leads to a shorter duration in which will allow it to run out normally but bypass any momentary bug during the initial activation.
>
> What are other peoples thoughts and ideas?

i would say im very against this part i highlighted.

when it comes to the playlist ideally i would like the one or two types to pick from but with the low population in this game having so many playlists would make about 200 people in each causing more longer time and more lag. if halo 5 was good (and im not saying it will be) they should have more playlists but as 343 has shown they have pushed away a lot of players that may not come back. this makes it seem logical to keep a few more options in the list to reduce search time and lag at the cost of your favored game type being chosen often.

> 343s implementation of legendary slayer was the cause of its low population and not the gametype itself IMO. It needed at least a BR gametpe from the beginning and magnum as a default secondary starter in the regular legendary slayer. It also needed more maps, which 343 is too lazy to provide, as a single person can modify the weapon spawns for all the maps to fit legendary in a week of casual changes with custom game tests.

> DO NOT make achievements for DLC if there will not always be a chance to obtain those achievements.

Definitely agree.

> Teams who are left outnumbered in a game should receive a bonus of some sort to compensate. For example in slayer if its 2v4 the 2 people should have 1.5x shields or a full overshield.

That would not be fun, IMO.

> There should be a change host option during gameplay. If ~50% of both teams request a host change during a game because of lag the game should abide by that instead of forcing people to either play through intense lag or simple quit(leading to my above bulletpoint about shielding)

This should be automated. IMO, the game should keep track of each clients’ latency, and if the average is above a certain point, the host should migrate. That should then count as a negative mark against that player’s host record.

But this is a moot issue, since Halo Xbox One will have dedicated servers.

> Fix the glitch with the regeneration field in which it activates but will not catalyse a shield recharge.

That’s not a glitch. The Regeneration Field doesn’t recharge your shields when you’re taking damage.

Did you all see how I didn’t quote his entire post, just the parts I referenced? Let’s do that from now on.

> - DO NOT make achievements for DLC if there will not always be a chance to obtain those achievements. For example, what if someone wanted achievements from the crimson DLC. How exactly would someone go about getting achievements for maps you cant play on anymore. I have maintained all DLC for Halo 4 and have played on crimson maps once or twice in the past few months. A simple solution would at the very least be a playlist where you vote for a DLC then vote for a map from that DLC. A complete and full solution would be to have Playlists for each individual DLC in perpetuity. We payed to obtain them and should be able to play on those maps whenever we choose in multiplayer.

what is the point then from a dlc map if you can complete all achievements on all maps and game type’s then?

also i know you wane play more on the dlc maps thats why they are players post they suggestions for 343 to fix this problem on the Matchmaking category.

you are not the first or last player that wane play on the dlc maps they have pay for it.
they is all a suggestion to make 2 dlc playlist where you need all dlc maps to play that playlist.

> That would not be fun, IMO.

Why would giving someone who is outnumbered some equity be not fun? I would like elaboration on this because being outnumbered in halo has always been an issue in certain playlists.

> This should be automated. IMO, the game should keep track of each clients’ latency, and if the average is above a certain point, the host should migrate. That should then count as a negative mark against that player’s host record.
>
> But this is a moot issue, since Halo Xbox One will have dedicated servers.

It is currently automated. However through whatever issue it sometimes takes too long to correct the issue or just ignores it. It has gotten to the point where me and friends have been put into a game where most of both teams have quit because of continuous lag and the game continued to lag even with a new batch of hosts to choose from.

> That’s not a glitch. The Regeneration Field doesn’t recharge your shields when you’re taking damage.

Regen is my most used ability and I am aware it does not recharge while taking damage. I am referring to instances where I have defeated my foe and more are coming and I break out the regen field and nothing happens. I am standing and traversing the orb no being harmed in any way yet still my shields are not recharging.

> Did you all see how I didn’t quote his entire post, just the parts I referenced? Let’s do that from now on.

Yes, thank you for sharing with those who would have otherwise quoted my entire post every single time.

> i would say im very against this part i highlighted.

As I asked previously, why would you be against someone who is outnumbered in slayer having a bit more shields to compensate. It hardly fully compensates for the fact that you have multiple people firing at you and throwing grenades at you from multiple angle, have no hope on controlling power weapon spawns, have to deal with increasingly more power weapons used against you as the other teams swarms you and gets killstreaks thus ordinance drops to further stack the odds. Why would you be against it it anything other than snipers, swat, etc. In btb and slayer it should be a resounding yes please.

> what is the point then from a dlc map if you can complete all achievements on all maps and game type’s then?
>
> also i know you wane play more on the dlc maps thats why they are players post they suggestions for 343 to fix this problem on the Matchmaking category.
>
> you are not the first or last player that wane play on the dlc maps they have pay for it.
> they is all a suggestion to make 2 dlc playlist where you need all dlc maps to play that playlist.

I mean no disrespect but I do not see how your post is contributing or furthering conversation other than letting me know that you have seen what I have said elsewhere.

My point is simple and thus was bound to be stated by numerous others. If I pay for a DLC and you proceed to make achievements for said DLC should I not be able to have the possibility to obtain said achievements at some point? How exactly do you get mantis melee kills on the crimson dlc if the crimson maps are NOT in rotation(if they are then just barely)

If you purchased GTA4 today you can obtain all of the achievement theoretically except for the kill a developer one(but it is easier since its a viral unlock). However in halo 4 if I bought the game and all DLC right now I would have a hard time even attempting to get achievements for the older DLC.

if you blame now about the dlc achievements then you are to late with that suggestion.
you think that is new that achievements you most complete on a dlc map is a new thing for halo then you forgot about halo 3 achievements it was in halo 3 all that way and it will never chance.
but the only differed now is that halo 3 has a dlc system that you most buy the new dlc to play online thats why it was easy they to complete it then in halo 4
thats why more dlc users wane have 2 new play list where you need all dlc maps to play on it.
then can players like you complete they dlc achievements and other players play on the maps they have pay for it.
then you have dlc users happy and free users happy.

> if you blame now about the dlc achievements then you are to late with that suggestion.
> you think that is new that achievements you most complete on a dlc map is a new thing for halo then you forgot about halo 3 achievements it was in halo 3 all that way and it will never chance.
> but the only differed now is that halo 3 has a dlc system that you most buy the new dlc to play online thats why it was easy they to complete it then in halo 4
> thats why more dlc users wane have 2 new play list where you need all dlc maps to play on it.
> then can players like you complete they dlc achievements and other players play on the maps they have pay for it.
> then you have dlc users happy and free users happy.

How exactly am I too late with the suggestion? Games can now be updated over the internet making the only time its too late to improve is based on the company being dead or it being too costly to do so. You also did not need the dlc to play online in h3. There were a few playlists that required all DLC but there were those that didnt. Also simply stated the DLC releases between H3 and H4 are completely different as 343 has released 4 different DLC packs before the game has even had its first anniversary. If they have time to make people PAY for an old halo map(Pitfall) they should have time to fix some minor issues that would take a random halo player a week if they had the access and nohow.

I also still dont understand the rest of your post as far as you are saying the same thing I just said.