Online Multiplayer: Halo 5 vs Halo 4 and Reach

<mark>Do not create/use alternate accounts to bypass forum bans.</mark>

My favorite Halo game has always been Reach, the last of Bungie’s masterpieces. I’m still dubious about trying Halo 5 because Halo 4 honestly was a disappointment for me. It reminded me too much of CoD because you died pretty quickly with all the op weapons. If anyone holds the same opinion as me and tried out Halo 5, has 343 done anything to improve the multiplayer gameplay from Halo 4?

There is no more “pick your perk system” in 5. Everyone has all the same abilities and weapons and map control is back with power weapon spawning. No more dumb ordinance drops. 5 looks good. :slight_smile:

> 2533274800193983;2:
> There is no more “pick your perk system” in 5. Everyone has all the same abilities and weapons and map control is back with power weapon spawning. No more dumb ordinance drops. 5 looks good. :slight_smile:

I completely agree :slight_smile:

In my opinion, Reach had the second most uncompetitive multiplayer in the series, with the first being Halo 4. Although, I can agree that Reach had the best Forge and Custom Games and was just the most fun overall.

Anyway, Halo 5 is much more competitive than Halo 4. It’s a lot more balanced since everyone has the same abilities and has equal starts, and is just a lot more of an arena shooter then Halo 4. I personally loved the Halo 5 Beta, it felt refreshing and was pretty fast paced, and a fast competitive Halo is what I have been hoping for.

> 2533274939958452;4:
> In my opinion, Reach had the second most uncompetitive multiplayer in the series, with the first being Halo 4. Although, I can agree that Reach had the best Forge and Custom Games and was just the most fun overall.
>
> Anyway, Halo 5 is much more competitive than Halo 4. It’s a lot more balanced since everyone has the same abilities and has equal starts, and is just a lot more of an arena shooter then Halo 4. I personally loved the Halo 5 Beta, it felt refreshing and was pretty fast paced, and a fast competitive Halo is what I have been hoping for.

Is Halo 5 more arean and more competative than Halo Reach?

> 2535444539078749;5:
> > 2533274939958452;4:
> > In my opinion, Reach had the second most uncompetitive multiplayer in the series, with the first being Halo 4. Although, I can agree that Reach had the best Forge and Custom Games and was just the most fun overall.
> >
> > Anyway, Halo 5 is much more competitive than Halo 4. It’s a lot more balanced since everyone has the same abilities and has equal starts, and is just a lot more of an arena shooter then Halo 4. I personally loved the Halo 5 Beta, it felt refreshing and was pretty fast paced, and a fast competitive Halo is what I have been hoping for.
>
>
> Is Halo 5 more arean and more competative than Halo Reach?

No loadouts and armor abilities in it’s main mode for Halo 5. Balanced, equal start gameplay with an emphasis on team coordination and map control.

> 2533274907934539;6:
> > 2535444539078749;5:
> > > 2533274939958452;4:
> > > In my opinion, Reach had the second most uncompetitive multiplayer in the series, with the first being Halo 4. Although, I can agree that Reach had the best Forge and Custom Games and was just the most fun overall.
> > >
> > > Anyway, Halo 5 is much more competitive than Halo 4. It’s a lot more balanced since everyone has the same abilities and has equal starts, and is just a lot more of an arena shooter then Halo 4. I personally loved the Halo 5 Beta, it felt refreshing and was pretty fast paced, and a fast competitive Halo is what I have been hoping for.
> >
> >
> > Is Halo 5 more arean and more competative than Halo Reach?
>
>
> No loadouts and armor abilities in it’s main mode for Halo 5. Balanced, equal start gameplay with an emphasis on team coordination and map control.

is that a yes or no? :o

> 2535444539078749;7:
> > 2533274907934539;6:
> > > 2535444539078749;5:
> > > > 2533274939958452;4:
> > > > In my opinion, Reach had the second most uncompetitive multiplayer in the series, with the first being Halo 4. Although, I can agree that Reach had the best Forge and Custom Games and was just the most fun overall.
> > > >
> > > > Anyway, Halo 5 is much more competitive than Halo 4. It’s a lot more balanced since everyone has the same abilities and has equal starts, and is just a lot more of an arena shooter then Halo 4. I personally loved the Halo 5 Beta, it felt refreshing and was pretty fast paced, and a fast competitive Halo is what I have been hoping for.
> > >
> > >
> > > Is Halo 5 more arean and more competative than Halo Reach?
> >
> >
> > No loadouts and armor abilities in it’s main mode for Halo 5. Balanced, equal start gameplay with an emphasis on team coordination and map control.
>
>
> is that a yes or no? :o

Arguably yes.
Unless you’re a person that maintains that nothing can be competitive unless the only gameplay features are a gun, a grenade, and melee.

Yes they definitely have. Equal starts in MM will be a huge help, and no come custom loudest/ordinance drops will help a lot as well.

yeah, I also hated ordinance drops and classes in Halo 4, fortunately they have been comepletely removed from Halo 5 :smiley:

it is definetly very competitive, it feels like a Halo 2/3 on steroids :'D

> 2535444539078749;5:
> > 2533274939958452;4:
> > In my opinion, Reach had the second most uncompetitive multiplayer in the series, with the first being Halo 4. Although, I can agree that Reach had the best Forge and Custom Games and was just the most fun overall.
> >
> > Anyway, Halo 5 is much more competitive than Halo 4. It’s a lot more balanced since everyone has the same abilities and has equal starts, and is just a lot more of an arena shooter then Halo 4. I personally loved the Halo 5 Beta, it felt refreshing and was pretty fast paced, and a fast competitive Halo is what I have been hoping for.
>
>
> Is Halo 5 more arean and more competative than Halo Reach?

Definitely. The armor abilities in Reach completely ruined the balance of the game, and the Jetpack just destroyed map design. Since everyone has access to every Spartan Ability, balance is still intact. The Jetpack isn’t here to ruin map design, either. Multiplayer is also just more fun in Halo 5 then in Reach from my experience in the beta.

I would say Halo 5 definitely far surpasses Reach and Halo 4 although I did have some good times in Reach. Halo 5 was probably the most fun I’ve had in a Halo game since Halo 2.

343i have managed to perfectly balance competitive gameplay while at the same time introducing Spartan Abilities that every player is able to use at the start of each game to still make gameplay fresh for newer and returning players. Even starts are making a return in the Arena setting and as a hardcore Halo fan, I am quite pleased by that decision. To be honest, after going back to the classic gameplay of Halo 1-3, I couldn’t stand the slow paced gun play. Halo 5’s beta was so addicting and the pace of that game was perfect.

Plus, people who aren’t really into the whole competitive aspect of multiplayer, can just dive right into Warzone which sounds amazing. I’m definitely going to be playing that game mode with friends if I don’t have my tryhard pants on during that time.

I loved h5. Surpasses halo 2. If the campaign is good, it will surpass halo 3, my all time favorite.

Honestly when it comes to these 3 titles it is a case of choosing the lesser of three evils.

Aside from some nice sandbox additions, Reach was underwhelming to me in many respects. When I look at what Destiny ended up becoming it seems obvious to me that Reach seemed to be little more than a early testbed for Destiny mechanics and systems. From the credit/armor grind, the daily/weekly/monthly challenges, AAs, loadouts, these indicate to me that Bungie was clearly tired of Halo, yet contractually obligated to one last ‘Halo’ title before they could be done with MS exclusivity. Even the visual design(which I thought was fine) feels very proto-Destiny looking back. Most of the problems I had with Reach seem to stem from this lack of interest in continuing to make Halo games beyond what they were obligated to do already. The TU did improve the game quite a bit and NBNS settings showed there was a great Halo game hiding under all the baggage, but by that point it was to little to late.

Halo 4 doubled down on the worst aspects of Reach(AAs and loadouts) and went the extra mile of adding in killstreaks to fill the ‘modern’ shooter checklist. The multiplayer was a total mess as a result and easily the worst in the series thus far. Not much else to say other than the good will built up with the Reach TU was completely lost.

Halo 5 at the very least seemed like a half step in the right direction. Although many of the ‘improvements’ were just removing things like killstreaks and perks that should have never been there in the first place. To its credit I’d probably still rather play Halo 5 than either Reach or H4 based on my experience in the Beta. That said, getting rid of one set of modern trends(Killstreaks and perks) only to replace it with the newest ‘mobility’ trends along with ADS. Same principle as adding killstreaks and perks only with slightly less obtrusive mechanics.

H5 looks better than both Reach and H4, I don’t think it’s going to be anywhere close to as good as HCE/2/3 though.

MLG Reach > Halo 5 > Halo 4 Pro > Halo 4 > Vanilla Reach

Halo 5 has low (but wonky) aim assist and lacks all the nonsense that Halo 4 had.

I enjoyed BTB more in Reach than in Halo 4. Can’t wait for Warzone, I just hope it doesn’t turn into a case of the winning team rushing the losing team with power vehicles and weapons late game.