Online Desnyc

I don’t know if anybody else is experiencing this. There are times where i get into gunfights with enemies where I have no choice but to flee. However, sometimes when i take cover as they are shooting at me, I ended up getting killed a second later despite the enemy’s shot not being to pass through wall. My only guess as to why this happens is because of desync and the game thinks i’m still exposed. Anyone else experience this?

yeah I feel like this has definitely happened to me a few times. not sure if its me just raging or if its really the case.

All the time I’m being shot around/through corners and it doesn’t make any sense. The later the flight goes on the worst it gets

> 2533274910627211;3:
> All the time I’m being shot around/through corners and it doesn’t make any sense. The later the flight goes on the worst it gets

This. It’s really frustrating.

> 2535417000717665;1:
> I don’t know if anybody else is experiencing this. There are times where i get into gunfights with enemies where I have no choice but to flee. However, sometimes when i take cover as they are shooting at me, I ended up getting killed a second later despite the enemy’s shot not being to pass through wall. My only guess as to why this happens is because of desync and the game thinks i’m still exposed. Anyone else experience this?

This issue usually only happens when the netcode is very much garbage tier… if the interpolation and hit prediction is tied to a very low client/server refresh rate or the game uses player hosting then you will usually get hit far behind cover when playing against high ping players since it’s trying to compensate for high delays… I’m no network engineer but the game at times defs does feel very janky and inconsistent AF vs other players.

> 2533274864218807;5:
> > 2535417000717665;1:
> > I don’t know if anybody else is experiencing this. There are times where i get into gunfights with enemies where I have no choice but to flee. However, sometimes when i take cover as they are shooting at me, I ended up getting killed a second later despite the enemy’s shot not being to pass through wall. My only guess as to why this happens is because of desync and the game thinks i’m still exposed. Anyone else experience this?
>
> This issue usually only happens when the netcode is very much garbage tier… if the interpolation and hit prediction is tied to a very low client/server refresh rate or the game uses player hosting then you will usually get hit far behind cover when playing against high ping players since it’s trying to compensate for high delays… I’m no network engineer but the game at times defs does feel very janky and inconsistent AF vs other players.

I wouldn’t call it garbage tier. It happens when it isn’t optimized or doesn’t have a fast enough tick rate. Garbage tier is over exaggerating.

> 2533274792737987;6:
> > 2533274864218807;5:
> > > 2535417000717665;1:
> > > I don’t know if anybody else is experiencing this. There are times where i get into gunfights with enemies where I have no choice but to flee. However, sometimes when i take cover as they are shooting at me, I ended up getting killed a second later despite the enemy’s shot not being to pass through wall. My only guess as to why this happens is because of desync and the game thinks i’m still exposed. Anyone else experience this?
> >
> > This issue usually only happens when the netcode is very much garbage tier… if the interpolation and hit prediction is tied to a very low client/server refresh rate or the game uses player hosting then you will usually get hit far behind cover when playing against high ping players since it’s trying to compensate for high delays… I’m no network engineer but the game at times defs does feel very janky and inconsistent AF vs other players.
>
> I wouldn’t call it garbage tier. It happens when it isn’t optimized or doesn’t have a fast enough tick rate. Garbage tier is over exaggerating.

I suppose so, but despite this closed beta being on an older build, it is still concerning how bad the game feels with the release window being 2 1/2 months away… I am not trying to be pessimistic or anything, but I don’t know how 343 is gonna have the game in a very stable way with the netcode feeling crisp within that timeframe.

> 2533274864218807;7:
> > 2533274792737987;6:
> > > 2533274864218807;5:
> > > > 2535417000717665;1:
> > > > I don’t know if anybody else is experiencing this. There are times where i get into gunfights with enemies where I have no choice but to flee. However, sometimes when i take cover as they are shooting at me, I ended up getting killed a second later despite the enemy’s shot not being to pass through wall. My only guess as to why this happens is because of desync and the game thinks i’m still exposed. Anyone else experience this?
> > >
> > > This issue usually only happens when the netcode is very much garbage tier… if the interpolation and hit prediction is tied to a very low client/server refresh rate or the game uses player hosting then you will usually get hit far behind cover when playing against high ping players since it’s trying to compensate for high delays… I’m no network engineer but the game at times defs does feel very janky and inconsistent AF vs other players.
> >
> > I wouldn’t call it garbage tier. It happens when it isn’t optimized or doesn’t have a fast enough tick rate. Garbage tier is over exaggerating.
>
> I suppose so, but despite this closed beta being on an older build, it is still concerning how bad the game feels with the release window being 2 1/2 months away… I am not trying to be pessimistic or anything, but I don’t know how 343 is gonna have the game in a very stable way with the netcode feeling crisp within that timeframe.

I mean it’s pretty solid for being that far away IMO. The netcode is pretty solid, but seems to have hiccups which is fixed via network data from flights and optimization.