ONI Wasp Requirements

Pretty sure at some point we’re going to get another Wasp, and we really only need one more variant. Sure, something along the lines of the Corp/Urban/Tundra/Woodland variants of the Warthog, applied to the Wasp, would be nice from an added armor perspective, but we’re talking about an aerial platform, not another vehicle. So, based on the limited variants of the Phaeton and Banshee, the most logical thing to do (yeah, logic, I know) is bring us the ONI Wasp. Here’s my thoughts, based on existing ONI systems already in-game.

ONI Wasp Must Haves:
Noticeably improved armor (duh)
Speed & mobility increases, just a slight bump would be fine
Machine guns fire longer before overheating & cool down faster (like the ONI Mantis)
Rockets have increased splash damage/overall damage
I think this would make it an REQ Level 5, which I would like.

ONI Wasp Nice to Have
Rockets could track ground targets as well
This might make it a REQ Level 6 - I like 5 better, so I could live without as long as their “boom” is better.

ONI Wasp REALLY Nice to Have
Machine guns are like airborne Answers - exploding rounds, but not quite as powerful as the ONI Warthog chaingun.
This would definitely make it a REQ Level 6, IMO, so I could live without, as long as they shoot longer. But, yes, exploding machinegun fire from above would be SWEET.

If it were going to be several REQ levels higher, I think it should have increased shield strength as well.

Increased shields?

> 2535437652903765;2:
> If it were going to be several REQ levels higher, I think it should have increased shield strength as well.

My bad - when I say increased armor, shields are part of that. So, yeah, bumped up shields.
:slight_smile:

I really like this idea. An ONI Wasp would be a nice change from banshees and Phaetons. The UNSC needs an air vehicle!

Whatever they do, I’d like it to be a lower REQ level than a Banshee. I mean, c’mon, the ONI Warthog is only Level 3, just 1 level higher than the base model, and that thing’s a BEAST. Me and a gunner made it through WZFF Round 5 alive and intact (Sanctum, Defend the Artifacts) and we weren’t running from the fight and shooting from a distance.

So, I could live with REQ Level 5, if it was buffed enough, but would definitely be happier with level 4. And be unhappy with level 6.

hannibal wasp?

> 2533274843260367;7:
> hannibal wasp?

That could work, I would just like the ONI variant first.

A Hannibal with a single rapid-fire Gauss gun, in lieu of the twin machine guns, would be effective. Having ion field rockets might be good against vehicles as well. Same armor/shield/speed & mobility improvements as my proposed ONI.

Yes i agree 100%

This would be so boss!

> 2533274794468360;1:
> Pretty sure at some point we’re going to get another Wasp, and we really only need one more variant. Sure, something along the lines of the Corp/Urban/Tundra/Woodland variants of the Warthog, applied to the Wasp, would be nice from an added armor perspective, but we’re talking about an aerial platform, not another vehicle.

Primary benifit of having the base variants is the increase in the overall wasps you get. If you have 5+ variants then the chance of getting of of those 5 is way higher than if you only had the one. Yes it makes getting something like a Phaeton harder to get, since the pool is bigger… but wasps are where it’s at…

> 2614366390834061;11:
> > 2533274794468360;1:
> > Pretty sure at some point we’re going to get another Wasp, and we really only need one more variant. Sure, something along the lines of the Corp/Urban/Tundra/Woodland variants of the Warthog, applied to the Wasp, would be nice from an added armor perspective, but we’re talking about an aerial platform, not another vehicle.
>
>
> Primary benifit of having the base variants is the increase in the overall wasps you get. If you have 5+ variants then the chance of getting of of those 5 is way higher than if you only had the one. Yes it makes getting something like a Phaeton harder to get, since the pool is bigger… but wasps are where it’s at…

Good point there. More Wasps would be better. Mine last longer now that I’ve figured out how to properly employ them, but they’re still too rarified in the REQ Packs. I LOVE the Wasp, right now I have 18, and that doesn’t feel like enough, especially since I have 100+ Banshees and 250+ Warthogs (all types, and that’s just ones with chainguns).

Would be a neat way to bring in the Kestrel from Spartan Strike since it is designed so similarly to the Wasp as is.