ONI the villain of Halo 5: Guardians? Story theory

With all the marketing around Halo 5: Guardians, especially with the start of Hunt the Truth and some seeing Master Chief as a traitor it seems like ONI might have a larger role in the game. I wonder what role this thing behind Thel is going to play. For the action figure for Locke it speaks of a growing alien threat, and a synopsis of the game says that peace is shattered when colonies are attacked. I think possibly Jul has found some crazy tech at the Absolute Record and has attacked some colonies. ONI/UNSC sends Locke to bring Chief back home to help them. Locke does so and meets the legendary soldier, but they discover that ONI is really behind everything and they need support from certain allies to help take down ONI. Do you think this could possibly what could happen?

> 2533274840469109;1:
> With all the marketing around Halo 5: Guardians, especially with the start of Hunt the Truth and some seeing Master Chief as a traitor it seems like ONI might have a larger role in the game. I wonder what role this thing behind Thel is going to play. For the action figure for Locke it speaks of a growing alien threat, and a synopsis of the game says that peace is shattered when colonies are attacked. I think possibly Jul has found some crazy tech at the Absolute Record and has attacked some colonies. ONI/UNSC sends Locke to bring Chief back home to help them. Locke does so and meets the legendary soldier, but they discover that ONI is really behind everything and they need support from certain allies to help take down ONI. Do you think this could possibly what could happen?

Kinda doubt it. ONI plays power games in the shadows for sure, but ultimately they do so because they think they know whats best for humanity. Rocking the UNSC boat by causing an all-out war would run counter to their interests as it would shift the balance of power back to the fighting arms of the UNSC. A cold war is what the ONI needs/wants as they have traditionally been golden ages for intel agencies. What i think is that ONI is going to be so wrapped up in its games that it will be completely blindsided by whatever attacks humanity, possibly even being the cause of some losses because their power plays could have concievably weakened the military.
That’s my take on it anyway :slight_smile:

> 2533274840469109;1:
> With all the marketing around Halo 5: Guardians, especially with the start of Hunt the Truth and some seeing Master Chief as a traitor it seems like ONI might have a larger role in the game. I wonder what role this thing behind Thel is going to play. For the action figure for Locke it speaks of a growing alien threat, and a synopsis of the game says that peace is shattered when colonies are attacked. I think possibly Jul has found some crazy tech at the Absolute Record and has attacked some colonies. ONI/UNSC sends Locke to bring Chief back home to help them. Locke does so and meets the legendary soldier, but they discover that ONI is really behind everything and they need support from certain allies to help take down ONI. Do you think this could possibly what could happen?

It would be stupid to have ONI get away with everything they’ve done, in the best interest of Humanity or not. They are a cold blooded organization and I feel no sympathy or any feelings but hate towards them. They just need to go so humanity can really evolve. ONI is just holding everyone back. ONI is responsible for everything bad happening right now. By capturing Jul 'Mdama, and him escaping, he got the didact which destroyed new Phoenix. ONI is the cause of the civil war on sangheilios, which got Juls wife killed which is another big factor in him wanting to get rid of humanity. Didact got released and got cortana killed…etc…etc…ONI is evil. Period.

> 2533274936311077;3:
> > 2533274840469109;1:
> > With all the marketing around Halo 5: Guardians, especially with the start of Hunt the Truth and some seeing Master Chief as a traitor it seems like ONI might have a larger role in the game. I wonder what role this thing behind Thel is going to play. For the action figure for Locke it speaks of a growing alien threat, and a synopsis of the game says that peace is shattered when colonies are attacked. I think possibly Jul has found some crazy tech at the Absolute Record and has attacked some colonies. ONI/UNSC sends Locke to bring Chief back home to help them. Locke does so and meets the legendary soldier, but they discover that ONI is really behind everything and they need support from certain allies to help take down ONI. Do you think this could possibly what could happen?
>
>
> It would be stupid to have ONI get away with everything they’ve done, in the best interest of Humanity or not. They are a cold blooded organization and I feel no sympathy or any feelings but hate towards them. They just need to go so humanity can really evolve. ONI is just holding everyone back. ONI is responsible for everything bad happening right now. By capturing Jul 'Mdama, and him escaping, he got the didact which destroyed new Phoenix. ONI is the cause of the civil war on sangheilios, which got Juls wife killed which is another big factor in him wanting to get rid of humanity. Didact got released and got cortana killed…etc…etc…ONI is evil. Period.

Now why does that sound exactly what certain people accuse Palmers train of thought to be? Yeaaah…

> 2533274936311077;3:
> > 2533274840469109;1:
> > With all the marketing around Halo 5: Guardians, especially with the start of Hunt the Truth and some seeing Master Chief as a traitor it seems like ONI might have a larger role in the game. I wonder what role this thing behind Thel is going to play. For the action figure for Locke it speaks of a growing alien threat, and a synopsis of the game says that peace is shattered when colonies are attacked. I think possibly Jul has found some crazy tech at the Absolute Record and has attacked some colonies. ONI/UNSC sends Locke to bring Chief back home to help them. Locke does so and meets the legendary soldier, but they discover that ONI is really behind everything and they need support from certain allies to help take down ONI. Do you think this could possibly what could happen?
>
>
> It would be stupid to have ONI get away with everything they’ve done, in the best interest of Humanity or not. They are a cold blooded organization and I feel no sympathy or any feelings but hate towards them. They just need to go so humanity can really evolve. ONI is just holding everyone back. ONI is responsible for everything bad happening right now. By capturing Jul 'Mdama, and him escaping, he got the didact which destroyed new Phoenix. ONI is the cause of the civil war on sangheilios, which got Juls wife killed which is another big factor in him wanting to get rid of humanity. Didact got released and got cortana killed…etc…etc…ONI is evil. Period.

Congratulations you won 6 halo books, give me your email and I’ll send you them…
ONI is the cause of everything good and of humanities survival. Chief, cortana, Spartans, AIs, mjolnir and much more. No ONI, no red flag, no Keyes, no pillar of autumn, no halo…
Osman and Parangosky are probably evil and incompetents, some of their actions have damaged UNSC or humanity as a whole. But ONI is not all theirs, there are many clever people too, that are advancing humanity, really every advancement comes from ONI and Halsey, how can you say they are stopping progress?

Osman can do dangerous political games, but ONI is part of UNSC and they take advantage by UNSC being powerful. Also, the majority of ONI members has strong professional or friendship relations with UNSC officers and really are pro-human.

What I’m saying is maybe ONI convinces the UNSC (ONI secretly runs the UNSC really) and thus Spartan IVs and other soldiers are told that Chief has turned traitor by the end of the game. Locke has no idea of this and soon comes to discover the truth and allies himself with Chief to remove the heads of ONI.

My wild pet theory about ONI is based on the fact that so much from the forerunner saga is strangely mirrored in Chief’s era, and in this version of events I see ONI as the “elite” Builders class , Basically I just want the Master Builder to not be dead and secretly be manipulating /controlling ONI, especially after hearing how creepy his voice is in the H4 terminals.

I think that ONI could be an antagonist on H5G, but not as the main villain.