ONI Scorpion rarity. Should it be reduced a bit?

A couple days ago, I just got my first ONI scorpion out of a gold pack in literally months. I can’t even remember when the last one was. It was possibly as long ago as October. Now to be fair, I don’t play nearly as much as some people do, so I’m not opening nearly as many golds as many of you may be. But still, that kind of rarity is a bit ridiculous don’t you think? I mean, I currently have 12 or 13 Hannibal Scorpions in my collection, and have called them in several times. Those things are a lot more common, and they’re a higher REQ level cost then the ONI is.

So after being reminded that the ONI scorpion exists (because I never see it in Warzone ever) I wanted to see what the opinions of people on the forums were. Is the ONI scorpion powerful enough to deserve freaking unicorn status? I’m not sure it is. Yes, it can be an absolute death machine in the right hands, but so can a banshee ultra, which is far more common in Warzone and REQ packs. It’s cannon has a nice fast rate of fire, and superb accuracy thanks to the quick velocity of the shots, but at the end of the day it is still a scorpion, and as such, it is slow, clunky, and extremely vulnerable to being boarded. All it takes is one dude with an active camo, and they can walk right up to you and board you right away. Meanwhile, you have the banshee ultra which has a massively powerful bomb, and has the advantage of being an air vehicle so it can not be easily boarded. It is undeniably one of the best vehicles in the game, and it is common enough that you see them almost every game now.

So the point is, make ONI scorpions a bit easier to get. They are not so powerful that they deserve to only show up once in a few hundred gold packs. Does anyone agree, or am I in the minority here?

None of the ONI variants deserve the punishment they’re receiving in terms of rarity. Sure, the ONI Wasp is brutal and all but that rairty is so painful… Phaetons I can understand, especially the Helios, but the poor wasps… I actually opened a hundred packs when the Monitor’s Bountry update dropped, got 0 ONI Wasps out of 'em but six Hannibal Mantises and 8 Jorge’s Chainguns.

Yeah, the Wasps and variants can be downright lethal in the right hands, but c’mon the ONi’s being THAT rare? And consider the Firefight players too! We’ve got a ton of counters for the wasps at this point, I think it can stand being raised from the 0.016% drop rate now.

I have 1 Hannibal scorpion and that was from the update pack.

> 2533274971565732;3:
> I have 1 Hannibal scorpion and that was from the update pack.

Was it the update that introduce the Hannibal Scorpion & Mantis?

> 2533275008181400;4:
> > 2533274971565732;3:
> > I have 1 Hannibal scorpion and that was from the update pack.
>
> Was it the update that introduce the Hannibal Scorpion & Mantis?

Yup

I never have a problem with rarity of Hannibal or ONI vehicles. Granted, I do open around 10 or 15 Golds per day…

I agree. I barely ever get ONI Scorpions.

I don’t have the certifications for either the oni scorpion or the Hannibal, but I’ve gotten about 3 hannibals and 1 oni (from daily login/win packs), if that counts for anything

I get oni vehicles occasionally, though I don’t really see the point, when you can get numerous different types of scorpions, plus the inclusion of daily win packs you will increase your chances of getting the vehicle. Mind you it is supposed to be a legendary, so is in the same category as a phaeton. So No it doesn’t need to be changed.

> 2533274972430429;9:
> I get oni vehicles occasionally, though I don’t really see the point, when you can get numerous different types of scorpions, plus the inclusion of daily win packs you will increase your chances of getting the vehicle. Mind you it is supposed to be a legendary, so is in the same category as a phaeton. So No it doesn’t need to be changed.

It is in the same category as a phaeton, but honestly the phaeton doesn’t even feel all that rare. I get them a lot. The Helios is a different story. But even the phaeton helios still doesn’t seem as rare as the ONI Scorpion. Not even close. Let me reiterate: I went for like three or four months without obtaining one single ONI scorpion in any packs, gold or daily win. Yes, I get that it’s a legendary vehicle, but I can get countless legendary power weapons, mythic weapons, numerous phaetons, numerous hannibal vehicles, mantis, wasp, and scorpion, in the time that it takes me to get a single ONI tank, and all of those vehicles are arguably more powerful than the ONI scorpion. All I’d like is for the rarity of the ONI Scorpion to more closely resemble the rarity of all of those vehicles listed, such that you might get one in a day instead of one in a month if you’re lucky.

I definitely think the rarity should be reduced a bit as I too haven’t gotten a ONI Scorpion ( along with a Hannibal Scorpion or Phaeton Helios) in several months. However, I think the main issue is once you get all the certifications the overall REQ system is so bloated that the rarest items of the bunch become even rarer than they were originally supposed to be.

> 2533274850869596;2:
> None of the ONI variants deserve the punishment they’re receiving in terms of rarity. Sure, the ONI Wasp is brutal and all but that rairty is so painful… Phaetons I can understand, especially the Helios, but the poor wasps… I actually opened a hundred packs when the Monitor’s Bountry update dropped, got 0 ONI Wasps out of 'em but six Hannibal Mantises and 8 Jorge’s Chainguns.
>
> Yeah, the Wasps and variants can be downright lethal in the right hands, but c’mon the ONi’s being THAT rare? And consider the Firefight players too! We’ve got a ton of counters for the wasps at this point, I think it can stand being raised from the 0.016% drop rate now.

I feel ya. I have one ONI Wasp left from the three I got from the certification way back when that update dropped. It is really hard to pull out some of the really rare stuff in WZFF due to the rarity. It’d be nice if we had a WZFF mode with unlimited rounds so we could use those really rare REQs for as long as possible.

I barely get any Oni items.

Except the Damn Oni Gungoose. sigh

> 2533274925370623;13:
> I barely get any Oni items.
>
>
> Except the Damn Oni Gungoose. sigh

I got to admit I have never got a Hannibal gungoose but I get way to many other Hannibals.

Oni’s are way better than Hannibals for me.

Yeah, ONI gear is unfairly rare. 343 changed the AA Wraith to a Rare REQ, hopefully they can show the ONI gear some love.

> 2533274834066497;14:
> > 2533274925370623;13:
> > I barely get any Oni items.
> >
> >
> > Except the Damn Oni Gungoose. sigh
>
> I got to admit I have never got a Hannibal gungoose but I get way to many other Hannibals.
>
> Oni’s are way better than Hannibals for me.

TBH I actually want a Hannibal Gungoose.

> 2533274834066497;14:
> > 2533274925370623;13:
> > I barely get any Oni items.
> >
> >
> > Except the Damn Oni Gungoose. sigh
>
> I got to admit I have never got a Hannibal gungoose but I get way to many other Hannibals.
>
> Oni’s are way better than Hannibals for me.

I actually happen to think hannibals are probably better. The hannibal scorpion is sick. The hannibal mantis is far superior to the ONI mantis in my opinion. Same for the hannibal wasp. I actually don’t really like the ONI wasp that much.

That’s why it’s even more baffling to me how rare ONI vehicles are. I get more hannibal wasps than ONI wasps. I get far more hannibal scorpions than ONI scorpions. ONI mantises and hannibal mantises are probably roughly equal. I don’t understand why ONI gear in this game seems to be much rarer then other REQs that are superior. (In my opinion)

I’m a 148, and don’t use tanks very often, but I currently have 18 Hannibal and 8 ONI. I have probably only ever used the ONI tank, maybe three times ever. So yeah its definitely my rarest REQ.

They are very rare, I wish I had more. Right now, just 6. I do have 67 Nornfangs though, so I cant really complain.

I agree that their more rare than the hannibal variants maybe because they’re were released later vs launch. I currently have 41 ONI scorpions and 36 Hannibals so if OP wants them more common then more is good!