ONI propaganda campaign

The latest trailer shows it all. ONI hates the Master Chief at this point in the fiction. Clearly we know Chief will never do anything to jeopardize humanity. Right now, it would be safe to assume his objectives are to protect humanity from the Forerunners returning and wiping them out as well as find Cortana. (The amount of Forerunner tech she has been through and knowing about being able to compose living objects she can clearly find a way to keep herself alive, since at the end of Halo 4 she was separate from John and able to touch him.)

I am curious what ONI is doing that would be so suspect to the human population they are trying to capture Master Chief. At this point it is easy to conclude what the Chief is doing (protecting humanity) is going against whatever ONI is doing. I have previously stated my blatant distrust for Locke as he has displayed terrible leadership capabilities in the video series Nightfall, is mindlessly following ONI’s orders, shows in the Master Chief statue trailer he mocks Chief and clearly hates him, ready to kill him, and finally in the latest propaganda piece only wants to stop Chief from doing what he is doing - which is protecting humanity.

Locke does have the opportunity to change to a good guy and help Chief, but someone seemingly as indoctrinated as he portrays himself is hard to help. If he doesn’t change, I sure hope we get the chance to kill him or see a cool action sequence where he gets killed doing ONI’s bidding but then Osiris gets taken over/led by Buck and helps Blue Team.

Is there any speculation as to what ONI is hiding since it directly goes against Chief’s mission of protecting humanity?

I think its a stretch to say that ONI is not trying to protect Humanity. Its called ideals and theirs may very well be different from the Chiefs. We know ONI has tried to cause massive chaos with the Elites so that they can never rise against humanity again. And we also know that they just don’t trust anybody who is not them. And since we know that at some point Locke helps the Chief…I don’t see any point to your hate/hate relationship.

ONI is very dedicated to protecting humanity… In fact, they’ll protect humanity at any cost…

based on the most recent trailer, the UNSC believes that chief is somehow responsible for these Guardians that are destroying outer colonies. The UNSC has been on the verge of civil war with this colonies since before the Covenant showed up…

the last thing they need is a rumor that their best soldier is devastating outer colonies… So they took over the headline before anyone could create their own explanation.

> 2576836393959214;2:
> I think its a stretch to say that ONI is not trying to protect Humanity. Its called ideals and theirs may very well be different from the Chiefs. We know ONI has tried to cause massive chaos with the Elites so that they can never rise against humanity again. And we also know that they just don’t trust anybody who is not them. And since we know that at some point Locke helps the Chief…I don’t see any point to your hate/hate relationship.

I kinda see ONI as Cerberus from Mass Effect. Their methods are extreme and dangerous, but they claim to do it all for humanity.

If it is true that he does help Chief and goes against ONI I could definitely see it being the scene we get to see in the Blue team vs osiris trailer. The one where he is the only one point a weapon at the Master Chief and the rest of Osiris has their weapons holstered.