ONI Data Drop 2

Second Data drop is a letter from Admiral Stanforth to Admiral Parangosky about the aftermath of Sigma Octanus. The Planet lost several cities but Stanforth believes they can rebuild someday, now that the Covenant are gone. The letter also mentions the Iroquois picking up that information from the Covenant stealth ship. Several Planets are mentioned which have Forerunner structures on them…

Onyx
Meridian
Arcadia
Reach - “Even that thing that Halsey’s digging up on Reach”

Stanforth’s comment about Halsey on Reach should be confirmation to doubters that Halo Reach is indeed Canon. Planet Meridian was mentioned in Halsey’s journal and now again here. I wonder if it will play an important role later on? According to the Journal the planet was Glassed already so who knows.

Again, I’m excited :slight_smile:

Section 3 Data Drop

Forerunner structures maybe? intresting…

> Second Data drop is a letter from Admiral Stanforth to Admiral Parangosky about the aftermath of Sigma Octanus. The Planet lost several cities but Stanforth believes they can rebuild someday, now that the Covenant are gone. The letter also mentions the Iroquois picking up that information from the Covenant stealth ship. Several Planets are mentioned which have Forerunner structures on them…
>
> Onyx
> Meridian
> Arcadia
> Reach - “Even that thing that Halsey’s digging up on Reach”
>
> Stanforth’s comment about Halsey on Reach should be confirmation to doubters that Halo Reach is indeed Canon. Planet Meridian was mentioned in Halsey’s journal and now again here. I wonder if it will play an important role later on? According to the Journal the planet was Glassed already so who knows.
>
> Again, I’m excited :slight_smile:
>
> Section 3 Data Drop

This is obviously Glasslands Marketing. Margaret Parangosky anyone?

> > Second Data drop is a letter from Admiral Stanforth to Admiral Parangosky about the aftermath of Sigma Octanus. The Planet lost several cities but Stanforth believes they can rebuild someday, now that the Covenant are gone. The letter also mentions the Iroquois picking up that information from the Covenant stealth ship. Several Planets are mentioned which have Forerunner structures on them…
> >
> > Onyx
> > Meridian
> > Arcadia
> > Reach - “Even that thing that Halsey’s digging up on Reach”
> >
> > Stanforth’s comment about Halsey on Reach should be confirmation to doubters that Halo Reach is indeed Canon. Planet Meridian was mentioned in Halsey’s journal and now again here. I wonder if it will play an important role later on? According to the Journal the planet was Glassed already so who knows.
> >
> > Again, I’m excited :slight_smile:
> >
> > Section 3 Data Drop
>
> This is obviously Glasslands Marketing. Margaret Parangosky anyone?

yeah thats sorta obvious, perhaps next week’s data drop will give more info on this one.

“Paperwork’s almost done on this end. So is the whiskey. I guess that means I’ll be headed back your way before long, especially after the number I put Levi through this time around. Boatswain says it’ll be sidelined for two months at least, so I’ve already filed with Fleet to transfer the crew to Coenwulf when I make my rounds in Sydney.”

I guess he’s talking about Operation Bravado, but I can’t find any information about it. Furthermore I’m interested in who/what “Levi” and “Boatswain” might be. Not only that, but in the third sentence when he mentions Boatswain says “it” will be sidelined for two months. I’m also curious about what this may be. Judging from the rest of the letter I’d say Operation Bravo was something that was closely related to the battle of Sigma Octanus IV. Regarding the other parts though, I’m can’t come up with anything at the moment. I’ll think on it a bit more and share my thoughts.

Excerpt from Boatswain according to Wikipedia:
… the boatswain regularly inspects the vessel and performs a variety of routine, skilled, and semi-skilled duties to maintain all areas of the ship not maintained by the engineering department.[5] These duties can include cleaning, painting, and maintaining the vessel’s hull, superstructure and deck equipment as well as executing a formal preventive maintenance program.[5]
Emphasis my own.

As for “Levi” I would guess that it’s the name of a ship. So Boatswain giving an estimate for how long it’ll be sidelined seems to make some sense.

Source: Wikipedia

Reach is Canon, eh? Well, I guess every franchise has to have its -Yoink- in the canon(looks at Star Wars), I guess Halo is no different. Now to wait for data packet 3.

We already knew it had to do with Glasslands. Parangosky doesn’t necessarily confirm that as she’s not a new character.

Also we already knew Halsey was on Reach and Meridian, even without the journal.

What’s interesting is ONI’s grouping of all these planets together.

> Reach is Canon, eh? Well, I guess every franchise has to have its Yoink! in the canon(looks at Star Wars), I guess Halo is no different. Now to wait for data packet 3.

Except Halo: Reach fits fine with canon. Look at Nihilus Shadow’s timeline for proof.

If anything it gives a bit to the subplot of Glasslands, I assume some of the negotiations aside from returning the Engineer (Who I hope and assume is Vergil), will be about some of the Forerunner tech found on the planets listed, at least those that were glassed- seeing as the date of this document is July 18th, 2552

I’m not taking sides with the issue of if Halo: Reach is canon or not but we already knew about the Forerunner structure on Reach since The Fall of Reach came out. So, really, that doesn’t really prove anything with the game being canon or not. Again, I’m not taking sides because I’m still in the neutral about if it’s canon or not but, I just figured I’d point that out.

Anyway, I’d like to think that the planets would come back into the storyline again. I mean, I’m pretty certain Onyx will already but it’d definitely be interesting to find out what’s going on with the others, especially if Forerunner structures/objects are on them. However, if there’s anything Forerunner on Meridian, it makes me wonder if the Covenant actually really glassed the planet or did to it what they did to Reach.

So much to speculate about but I’m excited about what might come out of next week’s drop.

thank god halo wars is getting refrenced in stuff besides mega-blocks. thats just my reaction to it. and im curious now what the structure on arcadia is for

This is very intresting. I just need to look at it again all i know is that it has something to do with a project they are doing. also i like the back ground when i write a post.
On the left side it says scheduled maintenance of site some numbers although it may have no relevance i just like that slight touch given to the website.
Anyway hope to get down and play halo wars soon one of the halo games i havent played yet including odst.

Anyway here is what i got. This report was written either during the covenant-human war or post covenant-human war which may explain the peace. But for me its the peace they got after winning the battle over the planet. Somehow this forerunner artifact was worth extracting so it does beg a question why plus the first drop had a picture on it with an arrow pointing to a star on the picture.

> I’m not taking sides with the issue of if Halo: Reach is canon or not but we already knew about the Forerunner structure on Reach since The Fall of Reach came out. So, really, that doesn’t really prove anything with the game being canon or not. Again, I’m not taking sides because I’m still in the neutral about if it’s canon or not but, I just figured I’d point that out.

Actually Halsey wasn’t digging that thing up underneath CASTLE Base. Colonel Ackerson knew about it and was searching for it but Halsey didn’t find out about it until First Strike. She even comments that “this must be what Ackerson was looking for” when she sees it. So the Admiral talking about what Halsey is digging up, has to be a reference to the thing underneath SWORD Base.

> “Paperwork’s almost done on this end. So is the whiskey. I guess that means I’ll be headed back your way before long, especially after the number I put Levi through this time around. Boatswain says it’ll be sidelined for two months at least, so I’ve already filed with Fleet to transfer the crew to Coenwulf when I make my rounds in Sydney.”
>
>
> I guess he’s talking about Operation Bravado, but I can’t find any information about it. Furthermore I’m interested in who/what “Levi” and “Boatswain” might be. Not only that, but in the third sentence when he mentions Boatswain says “it” will be sidelined for two months. I’m also curious about what this may be. Judging from the rest of the letter I’d say Operation Bravo was something that was closely related to the battle of Sigma Octanus IV. Regarding the other parts though, I’m can’t come up with anything at the moment. I’ll think on it a bit more and share my thoughts.

Levi prolly means the Leviathan

> “Paperwork’s almost done on this end. So is the whiskey. I guess that means I’ll be headed back your way before long, especially after the number I put Levi through this time around. Boatswain says it’ll be sidelined for two months at least, so I’ve already filed with Fleet to transfer the crew to Coenwulf when I make my rounds in Sydney.”
>
>
> I guess he’s talking about Operation Bravado, but I can’t find any information about it. Furthermore I’m interested in who/what “Levi” and “Boatswain” might be. Not only that, but in the third sentence when he mentions Boatswain says “it” will be sidelined for two months. I’m also curious about what this may be. Judging from the rest of the letter I’d say Operation Bravo was something that was closely related to the battle of Sigma Octanus IV. Regarding the other parts though, I’m can’t come up with anything at the moment. I’ll think on it a bit more and share my thoughts.

Levi prolly means the Leviathan

> Actually Halsey wasn’t digging that thing up underneath CASTLE Base. Colonel Ackerson knew about it and was searching for it but Halsey didn’t find out about it until First Strike. She even comments that “this must be what Ackerson was looking for” when she sees it. So the Admiral talking about what Halsey is digging up, has to be a reference to the thing underneath SWORD Base.

Yeah, I got the books mixed up. Either way, though, we’ve known about the Forerunner structure on Reach since before the game so again, it really doesn’t support the fact that the game is canon because now, to me personally, it’s screwed up yet another thing that the books already had set in motion. My problem with it being this::

If Halsey didn’t come across it in the books until after the SPARTAN-IIs got to the base and they were trying to escape, then how was she already digging it up by the time the IIIs got there? Again, another mess up in the timeline unless the crystal was shifting everything around. Even then, I dislike the fact that 343i has just gone with it instead of giving some sort of clarity first.

Normally I agree that the games are canon over the books but in this case, I’m slowly starting to shift out of my neutral zone toward not counting Halo: Reach as canon. I’ve seen the timelines that people have provided but my problem at this point is that, up to this point, the games and novels have never conflicted to this extreme.

It’d be unbelievably convenient if 343i released an official timeline, especially with these new data drops coming in.

> > I’m not taking sides with the issue of if Halo: Reach is canon or not but we already knew about the Forerunner structure on Reach since The Fall of Reach came out. So, really, that doesn’t really prove anything with the game being canon or not. Again, I’m not taking sides because I’m still in the neutral about if it’s canon or not but, I just figured I’d point that out.
>
> Actually Halsey wasn’t digging that thing up underneath CASTLE Base. Colonel Ackerson knew about it and was searching for it but Halsey didn’t find out about it until First Strike. She even comments that “this must be what Ackerson was looking for” when she sees it. So the Admiral talking about what Halsey is digging up, has to be a reference to the thing underneath SWORD Base.

The thing under Sword base: “Knowledge, a birthright from an ancient civilization”.

A birthright? Catherine knows more than she’s letting in on.

> > Reach is Canon, eh? Well, I guess every franchise has to have its Yoink! in the canon(looks at Star Wars), I guess Halo is no different. Now to wait for data packet 3.
>
> Except Halo: Reach fits fine with canon. Look at Nihilus Shadow’s timeline for proof.

I didn’t say it didn’t fit, but I am saying the story was crap.

> > Actually Halsey wasn’t digging that thing up underneath CASTLE Base. Colonel Ackerson knew about it and was searching for it but Halsey didn’t find out about it until First Strike. She even comments that “this must be what Ackerson was looking for” when she sees it. So the Admiral talking about what Halsey is digging up, has to be a reference to the thing underneath SWORD Base.
>
> Yeah, I got the books mixed up. Either way, though, we’ve known about the Forerunner structure on Reach since before the game so again, it really doesn’t support the fact that the game is canon because now, to me personally, it’s screwed up yet another thing that the books already had set in motion. My problem with it being this::
>
> If Halsey didn’t come across it in the books until after the SPARTAN-IIs got to the base and they were trying to escape, then how was she already digging it up by the time the IIIs got there? Again, another mess up in the timeline unless the crystal was shifting everything around. Even then, I dislike the fact that 343i has just gone with it instead of giving some sort of clarity first.
>
> Normally I agree that the games are canon over the books but in this case, I’m slowly starting to shift out of my neutral zone toward not counting Halo: Reach as canon. I’ve seen the timelines that people have provided but my problem at this point is that, up to this point, the games and novels have never conflicted to this extreme.
>
> It’d be unbelievably convenient if 343i released an official timeline, especially with these new data drops coming in.

But you’re assuming the structure underneath SWORD Base is the same structure underneath CASTLE Base. There is no evidence to support them being the same thing.