ONI coup d'etat or civil war within UNSC?

Could H5G have the most diabolical villain yet…Humanity! ONI has done some pretty shady stuff before but could their ultimate motive be a desire to attempt a power grab to take over the UNSC completely?

I coupe is too obvious. ONI doesn’t work in the open, they don’t have the strength.

Admiral Osman would have to be removed from her position first, as I doubt she’d lead a coup against the UNSC. It’s entirely possible considering there are many shady individuals within ONI. It would also be quite interesting to see how said individual(s) would take out a rebuilt Spartan II washout, as it would be quite difficult to do.

Not really enough build up beyond “they’re jerks”. It’d actually come rather out of left field. The UNSC already generally fears it and submits to it. ONI is definitely not being stonewalled by legislation (beyond having to share Infinity). And seems to have enough free reign to enslave people and then order their execution when they get kidnapped.

If they were going this way, I think Kilo-5 would spend more of its time hating the rest of FLEETCOM instead of Halsey.

It’d rival stupidity of the prophets deciding to exterminate their primary soldiers while still at war.

It’d be like the CIA or the FBI trying to take over america, except even sillier.

I think we need more build up first.

Fans who have read the books will be pretty ready, but for the mass audience who have only played the game, I think a coup will need a little more groundwork laying down in order to be worth it.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier anyone? ONI is HYDRA. Would make for an interesting scenario.

As someone who has been threw most if not all the halo storyline I don’t see where people are getting that ONI is evil, yeah there is some people who are bad but over all they do more good then evil. Anyway I think a war between ONI and the UNSC would be really stupid. However a small group of ONI agents turning to innie sympathizers under that admiral, who’s name I can’t remember, would be interesting.

> Captain America: The Winter Soldier anyone? ONI is HYDRA. Would make for an interesting scenario.

In that case, who’s supposed to be the Nazis? Insurrectionists?

Oni doesn’t need to make a Coup D’etat, they already control the vast majority of the UNSC.

Instead, some people within the UNSC (such as Master Chief) should spot the corruption and lead a rebellion to stop it. Joined by Captain Lasky, Spartan Thorne, a handful of Spartan IVs (while most would remain loyal to the ‘UNSC’/ONI), and Dr. Halsey (possibly leading to an alliance between Master Chief and Jul 'Mdama’s Covenant Remnant). Who knows, Master Chief may even be able to recruit the Arbiter and the Covenant Separatists, finally leading to peace between Elites and Humans at the end of the civil war.

> Oni doesn’t need to make a Coup D’etat, they already control the vast majority of the UNSC.
>
> Instead, some people within the UNSC (such as Master Chief) should spot the corruption and lead a rebellion to stop it. Joined by Captain Lasky, Spartan Thorne, a handful of Spartan IVs (while most would remain loyal to the ‘UNSC’/ONI), and Dr. Halsey (possibly leading to an alliance between Master Chief and Jul 'Mdama’s Covenant Remnant). Who knows, Master Chief may even be able to recruit the Arbiter and the Covenant Separatists, finally leading to peace between Elites and Humans at the end of the civil war.

I thought Jul wanted humans dead. It isn’t even about the forerunners anymore, he just really hates humans.

Though for good reason lol.

Humanity just spent the past few decades in a losing war against a massive alien collective. The tide turns because:

1. The Spartan II/III Programs
  2. The Elites discovering the truth
  3. The Flood destroying High Charity

Meanwhile, from what I gleamed from the sparse Kilo-5 material I’ve exposed myself too, ONI is apparently:

1. Dead set on murdering the women basically solely responsible for the Spartan program, with one of the greatest understandings of Forerunner tech.
  2. Sabotaging and undermining what is probably going to be their most powerful and only ally, the Elites, despite being fully aware of:
    3)The massive, catastrophic, galactic genocide posing threat the Flood represent.

Also, can anyone tell me where the Engineers went?

> > Oni doesn’t need to make a Coup D’etat, they already control the vast majority of the UNSC.
> >
> > Instead, some people within the UNSC (such as Master Chief) should spot the corruption and lead a rebellion to stop it. Joined by Captain Lasky, Spartan Thorne, a handful of Spartan IVs (while most would remain loyal to the ‘UNSC’/ONI), and Dr. Halsey (possibly leading to an alliance between Master Chief and Jul 'Mdama’s Covenant Remnant). Who knows, Master Chief may even be able to recruit the Arbiter and the Covenant Separatists, finally leading to peace between Elites and Humans at the end of the civil war.
>
> I thought Jul wanted humans dead. It isn’t even about the forerunners anymore, he just really hates humans.
>
> Though for good reason lol.
>
> Humanity just spent the past few decades in a losing war against a massive alien collective. The tide turns because:
>
> 1) The Spartan II/III Programs
> 2) The Elites discovering the truth
> 3) The Flood destroying High Charity
>
> Meanwhile, from what I gleamed from the sparse Kilo-5 material I’ve exposed myself too, ONI is apparently:
>
> 1) Dead set on murdering the women basically solely responsible for the Spartan program, with one of the greatest understandings of Forerunner tech.
> 2) Sabotaging and undermining what is probably going to be their most powerful and only ally, the Elites, despite being fully aware of:
> 3)The massive, catastrophic, galactic genocide posing threat the Flood represent.
>
> <mark>Also, can anyone tell me where the Engineers went?</mark>

They fled during the Great Schism and no one knows where. Humanity does have a few Engineers but other than that, no.