ONI and Spartan IIs

So I’ve read all the halo books so far except for last light and the last bit of hunters in the dark, and I’ve been keeping up with HtT. But here’s what I’m still wondering about- what are ONIs reasons for wanting to forcefully decommission the Spartan IIs? Is it because they actually pose a threat to society (like the Biko attack) or is it for some other nefarious purpose? Do they want to promote Spartan IVs? Any answers would be appreciated. Im
just trying to get an idea of why ONI seems to want Chief out of the picture in Halo 5 is all

I think it is the immoral way the spartan 2’s were put into service is the problem. Now the human-covenant war is over, there is a time of “more” peace, and acts of war start to get known (just as in real life happens, and look at the start of halo 4). Since spartan 2’s are a live example of everything that is morally not allowed, it should not get known to the public in any way, especially in a time of “peace”. Now with having the Chief having issues, about being human and that has been done to him and all other spartan 2’s (as a child and also their parents with the clones), the chance only becomes bigger on that happening. I think this is the reason they are cleaning them up, just in case things go wrong and the truth will be known to the public. These are just my 2 cents :wink:

I’d say ONI wants Chief out of the picture because he is activating giant Forerunner machines that have at least caused catastrophic damage on one human colony world And going AWOL at the same time.

Well, Parangosky had problems with the SPARTAN-II program on a moral level and it was one of the reasons she had such an issue with Halsey. Their whole plot regarding the Master Chief has more to do with the fact that they think he’s activating Forerunner weapons rather than any institutionalized descrimination for SPARTAN-IIs. Also ONI’s current leader was trained as a SPARTAN-II and a number of SPARTAN-IIs actually work within the Spartan branch alongside SPARTAN-IVs, so I don’t think their’s any plot targeting them.

> 2533274812652989;3:
> I’d say ONI wants Chief out of the picture because he is activating giant Forerunner machines that have at least caused catastrophic damage on one human colony world And going AWOL at the same time.

Well seeing as how we know there were already multiple colonies struck by awakened Guardians by the time the Chief even hears about Meridian, I think it’s safe to say he’s definitely not responsible. Why he goes after them though and why ONI thinks he’s activating them (or at least wants to make it look like he’s the culprit) remains to be seen.

> 2533274869573550;4:
> Well, Parangosky had problems with the SPARTAN-II program on a moral level and it was one of the reasons she had such an issue with Halsey. Their whole plot regarding the Master Chief has more to do with the fact that they think he’s activating Forerunner weapons rather than any institutionalized descrimination for SPARTAN-IIs. Also ONI’s current leader was trained as a SPARTAN-II and a number of SPARTAN-IIs actually work within the Spartan branch alongside SPARTAN-IVs, so I don’t think their’s any plot targeting them.

parangosky has no moral concerns, she made the SIII which was about disposable children soldiers. It’s just she doesn’t like Halsey and used everything to attack her, but the most immoral person in ONI is parangosky.

SII don’t work in the spartan branch, that’s why they are valuable to ONI, who has direct control on them.

I think this is about chief and not the SII in general.

> 2533274881534340;6:
> > 2533274869573550;4:
> > Well, Parangosky had problems with the SPARTAN-II program on a moral level and it was one of the reasons she had such an issue with Halsey. Their whole plot regarding the Master Chief has more to do with the fact that they think he’s activating Forerunner weapons rather than any institutionalized descrimination for SPARTAN-IIs. Also ONI’s current leader was trained as a SPARTAN-II and a number of SPARTAN-IIs actually work within the Spartan branch alongside SPARTAN-IVs, so I don’t think their’s any plot targeting them.
>
>
> parangosky has no moral concerns, she made the SIII which was about disposable children soldiers. It’s just she doesn’t like Halsey and used everything to attack her, but the most immoral person in ONI is parangosky.
>
> SII don’t work in the spartan branch, that’s why they are valuable to ONI, who has direct control on them.
>
> I think this is about chief and not the SII in general.

No she dislikes Halsey because she made flash clones which she hid from Parangosky and which is the end of her moral stick

As for the OP I’d say it’s more that they believe the Chief is activating them given whenever they’ve actually seen a guardian the chief has been there and messing with them and given he isn’t responding to orders is probably where that assumption came from.