One way to bring cortana back

without loosing emotional steam, 343 if they do decide to have cortana return could pull a Winifred/Illyria having cortana return but being so different yet similar to the old cortana, it works for me at least because this cortana while being the same is too different and in a way re teaches many ideas (if 343 writers can pull it off that is) so if we do see cortana come back how would you like her to be portrayed

I’d rather Cortana stay dead and Chief struggle with a new AI partner and learn how to grieve and move one, thus making him TRULY human.

I have a feeling Cortana will be brought back, but as a Human. The ancient humans were on the verge of becoming immortal by turning themselves digital (Promethean’s). I bet Cortana will be the reverse of this, and be an AI that becomes Human. Just a guess, but i could see the story heading that way.

I want Cortana to stay dead. Get a new AI for Chief.

Like the others in this thread, I would rather Cortana stay “dead.” Her death is an integral part in our exploration of Chief’s humanity, which is something I would very much like to see. For the first time in years Chief has a moment to stop, take off his battered armor, put down his worn assault rifle and just grieve, which is something he hasn’t been able to do since, almost ever.

I’m glad 343 is taking the story in this direction, Chief was a badass, but we rarely got to truly relate and know him, it’s time to figure out what years of indoctrination and combat can do to a human and his humanity.

> I’d rather Cortana stay dead and Chief struggle with a new AI partner and learn how to grieve and move one, thus making him TRULY human.

I’d honestly like to see him go without a new AI. He managed pretty well through most of Halo 3.

I would rather her stay dead. And throughout the Halo 5 campaign, he goes through visions of Cortana, similar to what H3 had.

Having Cortana return would undermine everything about Halo 4’s narrative. In Halo 4, Cortana had to face and temporarily stave off the effects rampancy. She had to understand and come to accept her inevitable mortality, and she ultimately does this in the end of Halo 4. Now, John must also accept the effects of mortality and move on — for the good of himself, the good of humanity, and the galaxy as a whole.

> > I’d rather Cortana stay dead and Chief struggle with a new AI partner and learn how to grieve and move one, thus making him TRULY human.
>
> I’d honestly like to see him go without a new AI. He managed pretty well through most of Halo 3.

This. I’d rather have him assist Blue team again.

Agreed that Cortana will come back as human in a form of AI implantation into a human body. It should not be done though till Halo 6,or it will kill Halo 5.

> I’d rather Cortana stay dead and Chief struggle with a new AI partner and learn how to grieve and move one, thus making him TRULY human.

This. And if he gets a new AI it should be very un-human and a polar opposite to Cortana.

I don’t think he will get a new AI. This would be the better route as it would make him more of a hardened character, yet emotional at the same time.

I don’t think he’ll get a new AI, or rather, a personal one. There might be a more field supervising one like Auntie Dot or the Superintendent, but I don’t think the UNSC has any specific reason to equip him with his own.

Isn’t chief the only spartan to have an AI in solely in his armor for an extended period of time?

Maybe we should have something were she returns in Halo 6 to help confront the final enemy, then dies again after. Maybe have some hints dropped throughout Halo 5, but she shouldn’t come back in 5.