One thing for competitive players

Can anybody think of one part of this game that caters to competitive players rather than casuals?

Um…nope.

I’ll get back to you on that.

Halo 4 fanboys: Whats competitive?

That depends. Are you asking the competitive players, or 343?

I cant think of a single thing…

CSR. And that’s not even out yet. And even when it will be, it’s not actually IN the game.

you will be getting the slayer pro/mlg(ish) playlist. thats something eh?

cant you just play to win as is for now until that shows up?

tbh im not surprised with the answers, im now 100 percent certain everything in this game has the majority cod cummonity in mind…

> you will be getting the slayer pro/mlg(ish) playlist. thats something eh?
>
> cant you just play to win as is for now until that shows up?

there isnt going to be an mlg gametype or slayer pro or any kind of classic gametype, those kind of gametypes belong on a halo game, this isnt halo, 343 dnt want these playlists in bungies game and i can gurantee u tht team snipers wont ever make a return either becuase its not nooby and easy enough for the 99% of the ppl who want their skills spoon fed to them.

trust me, 343 if were forced to be honest would tell u they dnt want them in the game, the things like “slayer pro was taken out of the game so we cud improve it”?

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

so to improve a playlist u have to take it down? for 2 months, they cant just leave it up until the improvements are ready to implement, i smell -Yoink-

so if i was to move my phone from one location to the next, it would suddenly improve sumhow because apparently removing it from its current location makes it better, not actually adding to the software or hardware of the device, but moving it or in the case of slayer pro, deleted, never to return

> there isnt going to be an mlg gametype or slayer pro or any kind of classic gametype, those kind of gametypes belong on a halo game, this isnt halo, 343 dnt want these playlists in bungies game and i can gurantee u tht team snipers wont ever make a return either becuase its not nooby and easy enough for the 99% of the ppl who want their skills spoon fed to them.
>
> trust me, 343 if were forced to be honest would tell u they dnt want them in the game, the things like “slayer pro was taken out of the game so we cud improve it”?
>
> waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?
>
> so to improve a playlist u have to take it down? for 2 months, they cant just leave it up until the improvements are ready to implement, i smell -Yoink!-

Sorry, but…you’re wrong.

Also, is it REALLY so hard to type out things like “people” “you” “could” and “that”?

What is available:
Swat? At least there is no Motion Sense so… Kinda

What is not available (yet):
Team Snipers?
Slayer pro
Classic Slayer
MLG
Ranked playlist

Spawning with a 100% reliable cross the map firing precision weapon. Competitive players were BEGGING for that. They just didn’t realize how much it messes with the rest of the sandbox and map flow in general.

Nerfing AAs. Did they cater to competitive players all the way by taking them out completely? No. But they nerfed them, which competitive players want.

Ummm…

That’s pretty much all I can think of though, lol.

Player movement feels closer to Halo 3 than to Halo: Reach.

BR uses a predictable recoil-based spread pattern that can be compensated for by experienced players.

The Oddball can be thrown, adding strategic depth to that gametype.

Extraction’s “Active Sites” setting is reportedly sensitive to the “Score to Win” setting. If <Score> is less than <Active Sites>, then only <Score> Sites will be active, to prevent “base races” and force teams to actually compete over sites. Though this hampers things like Assault recreations, it should lead to more competitive matches when using Extraction to actually play Extraction.

Off the top of my head. Halo 4 might not be ideal for competitive play, but it certainly isn’t the unmitigated travesty that posts here make it sound like. :\

The real question is, why do competitive people even stick around waiting for this game to become something it will never be? We should just leave, find another game, and forget about this series.

Halo will never return to it’s roots and its naive to think otherwise. This noobish style of gameplay is the future of halo. It’s time to move on my friends. However, COD is something that I will never move on to because the gameplay is way too dull.

> Player movement feels closer to Halo 3 than to Halo: Reach.
>
> BR uses a predictable recoil-based spread pattern that can be compensated for by experienced players.
>
> The Oddball can be thrown, adding strategic depth to that gametype.
>
> Extraction’s “Active Sites” setting is reportedly sensitive to the “Score to Win” setting. If <Score> is less than <Active Sites>, then only <Score> Sites will be active, to prevent “base races” and force teams to actually compete over sites. Though this hampers things like Assault recreations, it should lead to more competitive matches when using Extraction to actually play Extraction.
>
>
>
>
> Off the top of my head. Halo 4 might not be ideal for competitive play, but it certainly isn’t the unmitigated travesty that posts here make it sound like. :\

Movement speed feels closer to H3 than Reach did? Haha, your kidding right? You do realize you can’t run in H3, right? Movement speed is slow in H3, and that’s the way Halo should be. Anything else just throws the game pace off and in a bad way.

When is the last time you played H3? I played last night and can confirm that H4 movement speed is way off from any real halo.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not call out, stat-flame, or attack other members, and please do not post inappropriate content.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

REDACTED trolls around these forums, stereotyping every single player of the Halo games, talking -Yoink- and making fun of all the longtime fans of the series that were playin this game when he was still just a little -Yoink- in his mommies lap.

He played 200 something games of H3, could only get to an 8 with a less than .9 ranked k/d, and then started crying about how he can’t sprint. It’s pretty obvious he’s just one of the jealous types.

But now he gets to flame everyone now that he gets to feel better getting his hands on the sniper rifle cause it fell out of the sky.

SCrubby little jealous -Yoink- talkin -Yoink-. I’d slap you around with my -Yoink-.

> The real question is, why do competitive people even stick around waiting for this game to become something it will never be? We should just leave, find another game, and forget about this series.
>
> Halo will never return to it’s roots and its naive to think otherwise. This noobish style of gameplay is the future of halo. It’s time to move on my friends. However, COD is something that I will never move on to because the gameplay is way too dull.

MLG v1 is pretty competitive.

competative playlist settings just announced today.

> > Player movement feels closer to Halo 3 than to Halo: Reach.
> >
> > BR uses a predictable recoil-based spread pattern that can be compensated for by experienced players.
> >
> > The Oddball can be thrown, adding strategic depth to that gametype.
> >
> > Extraction’s “Active Sites” setting is reportedly sensitive to the “Score to Win” setting. If <Score> is less than <Active Sites>, then only <Score> Sites will be active, to prevent “base races” and force teams to actually compete over sites. Though this hampers things like Assault recreations, it should lead to more competitive matches when using Extraction to actually play Extraction.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Off the top of my head. Halo 4 might not be ideal for competitive play, but it certainly isn’t the unmitigated travesty that posts here make it sound like. :
>
> Movement speed feels closer to H3 than Reach did? Haha, your kidding right? You do realize you can’t run in H3, right? Movement speed is slow in H3, and that’s the way Halo should be. Anything else just throws the game pace off and in a bad way.
>
> When is the last time you played H3? I played last night and can confirm that H4 movement speed is way off from any real halo.

I think he means the general movement not including sprint which I agree is a hell of a lot closer to H3 then it is reach.
I’ve gone back and played both recently and Halo4 feals more halo then reach does easily.

Can anybody list one thing this game has for casual players? Cause last time I checked, you can’t download the game onto your iPhone for a dollar.